General Yuzuru Chat

7 hours ago, lajoitko said:

I want to share very personal story. It is kind of sad and if you have lost someone very recently, you probably don´t want to read further. This is also very long, so feel free to skip this.

Reveal hidden contents

I have watched figure skating pretty much all of my life, but when I first saw Yuzu on tv, I became his fan. It was Cup of China 2011. I lived with my mother because her health wasn´t the best and she needed my help. My mother couldn´t understand at all what had happened. I think she thought that I had become crazy. When it was competition weekend she just rolled her eyes because I spent so much time watching "some Japanese boy".

When I bought the tickets for the WC 2017 she began to take things more seriously. We had to plan her care for the time that I was in Helsinki, and I know that she watched the competition on tv. After that her attitude changed. She no longer rolled her eyes when I said it was "a Yuzu-weekend". We started to plan our schedule together so that I could watch the competition. She bagan to ask how was the competition and I started to tell her more about Yuzu and show her some pictures and videos.

In January 2018 my mother got sick very seriously and before I could even understand the situation, she passed away. One of the last things she said to me was: "You will be fine. Think about positive things. Think about Yuzu." Her funeral was the day before Yuzu arrived in Korea. The Olympics and the events after that helped me so much. Smiling and happy Yuzu has the best healing power.

When ISU announced about Helsinki GP, I knew right away that I was going there. The only bad thing was that it was held in the same weekend when we have a tradition to go to church to remember our loved ones and light a candle for those who have passed away during the year. I was very sad that I couldn´t attend this but my aunt promised to go there so I traveled to Helsinki.

I have a bad habbit of second guessing myself, and in Helsinki I was asking myself if I was doing the right thing. I was little bit sad and thinking about my mother a lot. I was sitting in the area where Yuzu does the combination in SP and starts the step-sequence. I had priviledge to see that moment three times during the practices and competition, and every time that part of the program moved me to tears. After Yuzu´s perfect SP I found myself thinking that it was the right place for me to be, and that my mother would be so happy to see my happiness. Maybe I needed Yuzu in my life to be able to survive this period of my life. I am so happy that I did go to Helsinki. It was one of the best experiences in my life.

My friends and relatives know that I have intrest in figure skating but they don´t know how bad it is. I am a very private person and for me being a Yuzu-fan is a very private thing. Now I just had this feeling that I want to share my story with people who maybe understand what I am talking about.

Your mother seemed to know you very well.

My condolence for your loss, and I am happy that going to Helsinki can give you some consolation.  

7 minutes ago, Anzi said:

That's why I introduce Yuzu to my parents. I want to share my parents with Yuzu performance, his stories which embody the most beautiful mind and spirit of all beings in this universe. I want to share my joy with my parents and make them be joyed too

I have always been a private person myself, but I am thinking to share it with my mother as well when she visit during Christmas time. I've shared bits to my brother as well.

All we know for now is Yuzu is off to take his place in history.

Most of you probably don't like T*L however I tripped upon it.

During Helsinki GP review, the guy with a beard said that Yuzu coming back is not probably concerned about who his competitors are.

He is more of focused on creating history. He wants to write himself in it. While he was sayng it the other guy was like "yeah whatever"

But let's forget the other guy with negative vibes.

Yuzu came back to satisfy himself. He is going to dare and do all his wild skating fantasies.

And it can only be gratified if he is given positive GOE. :winky:

So get ready people besides the 4A the overlord is not done yet.

:darklordyuzu:

35 minutes ago, Anzi said:

That's why I introduce Yuzu to my parents. I want to share my parents with Yuzu performance, his stories which embody the most beautiful mind and spirit of all beings in this universe. I want to share my joy with my parents and make them be joyed too

It can be a struggle sometimes with people who typically watch figure skating as a "eh, whatever, let me see if there is something else better that is on" kind of thing.  I tried to sneakily introduce them to Yuzu, and then show some videos, and then try to explain just why I find him so inspiring.  The response was a casual "well, that's nice, let's watch a movie instead", and meanwhile I'm thinking "can't you see how amazing he is?!"  I think they just think I am crazy for spending my weekend watching figure skating competitions, or for taking vacation for a few days in December to go to GPF, or for even having saved videos of his performance on my computer in the first place (that got the biggest reaction of all: "Why do you have videos of some random skater?").  It's a little disheartening.  I've never been one to push my likes on other people, so I've stopped mentioning it to them.  :tumblr_inline_n18qr8XewT1qid2nw:

Luckily this forum exists! :joy:

8 hours ago, lajoitko said:

I want to share very personal story. It is kind of sad and if you have lost someone very recently, you probably don´t want to read further. This is also very long, so feel free to skip this.

Hide contents

I have watched figure skating pretty much all of my life, but when I first saw Yuzu on tv, I became his fan. It was Cup of China 2011. I lived with my mother because her health wasn´t the best and she needed my help. My mother couldn´t understand at all what had happened. I think she thought that I had become crazy. When it was competition weekend she just rolled her eyes because I spent so much time watching "some Japanese boy".

When I bought the tickets for the WC 2017 she began to take things more seriously. We had to plan her care for the time that I was in Helsinki, and I know that she watched the competition on tv. After that her attitude changed. She no longer rolled her eyes when I said it was "a Yuzu-weekend". We started to plan our schedule together so that I could watch the competition. She bagan to ask how was the competition and I started to tell her more about Yuzu and show her some pictures and videos.

In January 2018 my mother got sick very seriously and before I could even understand the situation, she passed away. One of the last things she said to me was: "You will be fine. Think about positive things. Think about Yuzu." Her funeral was the day before Yuzu arrived in Korea. The Olympics and the events after that helped me so much. Smiling and happy Yuzu has the best healing power.

When ISU announced about Helsinki GP, I knew right away that I was going there. The only bad thing was that it was held in the same weekend when we have a tradition to go to church to remember our loved ones and light a candle for those who have passed away during the year. I was very sad that I couldn´t attend this but my aunt promised to go there so I traveled to Helsinki.

I have a bad habbit of second guessing myself, and in Helsinki I was asking myself if I was doing the right thing. I was little bit sad and thinking about my mother a lot. I was sitting in the area where Yuzu does the combination in SP and starts the step-sequence. I had priviledge to see that moment three times during the practices and competition, and every time that part of the program moved me to tears. After Yuzu´s perfect SP I found myself thinking that it was the right place for me to be, and that my mother would be so happy to see my happiness. Maybe I needed Yuzu in my life to be able to survive this period of my life. I am so happy that I did go to Helsinki. It was one of the best experiences in my life.

My friends and relatives know that I have intrest in figure skating but they don´t know how bad it is. I am a very private person and for me being a Yuzu-fan is a very private thing. Now I just had this feeling that I want to share my story with people who maybe understand what I am talking about.

I'm crying. I'm so glad you could go and watch him.

Spoiler

You did something special you shared with your mother on the day you'd traditionally honour her memory in another way.  Reading what you wrote, I really believe that it was the perfect choice, a beautiful way to celebrate something that both of you loved and did together. 

47 minutes ago, dheu said:

It can be a struggle sometimes with people who typically watch figure skating as a "eh, whatever, let me see if there is something else better that is on" kind of thing.  I tried to sneakily introduce them to Yuzu, and then show some videos, and then try to explain just why I find him so inspiring.  The response was a casual "well, that's nice, let's watch a movie instead", and meanwhile I'm thinking "can't you see how amazing he is?!"  I think they just think I am crazy for spending my weekend watching figure skating competitions, or for taking vacation for a few days in December to go to GPF, or for even having saved videos of his performance on my computer in the first place (that got the biggest reaction of all: "Why do you have videos of some random skater?").  It's a little disheartening.  I've never been one to push my likes on other people, so I've stopped mentioning it to them.  :tumblr_inline_n18qr8XewT1qid2nw:

Luckily this forum exists! :joy:

I feel you :14066882:. I swear I don't try to annoy people, but I'm just so excited and happy (or emotional) whenever Yuzu skates, but no one around me lets me talk about it anymore :rofl:I bored everyone and now I have to start with some kind of disclaimer like "I know you're tired of this but watch this video I SWEAR IT'S REALLY COOL YOU'LL SEE". The best part is they always end up liking the thing I show, but they're still annoyed :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:I try to keep this to less than once per week but still.

And that happens as well with all figure skating so if it's not Yuzu there's the probability they will be even bored by what I show them (because let's face it, no one has the wowing factor Yuzu has)...

It even happens with cool things I discover because of Yuzu or figure skating, like that cool song he was singing during Helsinki, I wanted to show it to my boyfriend and he really really liked it and then he asked me how I found it because we haven't seen that anime...and when I showed him the overlayed twitter video he was like :yznotimpressed: I should have known

2 hours ago, sophiang said:

large.a.jpg.b861a725279ccf0a28dafbaedc89e714.jpg

Is this ISU helper the same person as World2017 & Helsinki 2018? :embSwan:

If yes, i want to be her........:peekapooh:

It is her! I've always loved how she seemed to enjoy Yuzu & Brian's interaction after the  WR skate. Cool that she got to be close to him again. You go, girl!

2 hours ago, Maleko said:

(I lost my father a year ago for sickness too) There is no words to say when you lost a parent so I send you a super big hug. 

Thanks for sharing your personal story. I'm glad that you find consolation in watching Yuzu skate. I do, too. I lost my mother to cancer in an autumn decades ago, and her name has "autumn" in it. Otonal resonates with me in a special way perhaps for these reasons. Just yesterday I read on this forum that Yuzu skated Notte Stellata in 2017 Worlds thinking about coach Orser's then recently deceased father. His empathy to others' suffering touches me. I hope you'll find strength in the serenity of this slow-motion Otonal that I recorded. 

8 hours ago, MrPudding said:

@lajoitko I'm sorry for your loss, I hope you're feeling better :10742289:

The new theme is amazing! Finally got settled down after Helsinki and catching up news on the Planet :matrix:

My experience going to see him was such a dramatic event I kid you not, it was 10+ hours journey and I arrived Saturday evening. First thing I see online was new WR, my mind was a mess by then because I was super worried for how his free was going to be. I decided only to see what happened when I get to my airbnb so me and my friends was only able to grab some food and walked around for a bit because everything was closing. We got to our airbnb and we did not expect the house to be shared with multiple people (the person didn't  include that in her description) and there was no wifi (the person decided to remove wifi last minute :facepalm:). I sacrifice my money for data because I just had to catch up with short program news. We also barely got any sleep because there was loud music playing... next morning we left the house at 9 and took our time to get to the arena. When we arrived, after walking around for 45 minutes we realised it was the WRONG arena. It was Hartwall arena (I didn't know why/how we ended up going to a wrong one.. blaming my stupid ass) so there cues me panicking because 1. there was no taxi and 2. it was almost 1pm. We called for a taxi but after 15 minutes of waiting we got tired of waiting and called for another one using a taxi app because time was passing by so fast. Ok but, both taxi arrived at the same time :shakehead: so we just quickly went into the first taxi that arrived first and just YOLOed it, arrived at the ice arena almost 2 and quickly went to our seats. So yeah it was an eventful journey to see Yuzu... but I did not regret it because it was such a lovely experience seeing him live :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid: I felt bad because I couldn't meet with anyone from the planet because we were tired, sleep deprived and really hungry. I was emotionally not stable as well with the panicking and near death experience seeing Origin :tumblr_inline_mqt4gqDerH1qz4rgp: 

Seeing Haru yo koi live was mesmerising as well, and I saw how he cheekily went behind everyone during the group photo, he KNEW he was going to get lifted :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

So yeah that was my experience, still sleep deprived :13877886:

Aww That sounds like the most chaotic time but then you went to see the Evil Overlord so I suppose it's apt that it was all chaos that came together perfectly at the last minute? I'm glad everything got sorted out in the end and you got to see him! Especially HYK, it was enough to soothe everything in my soul even watching online. It must've done much more watching it live.

7 hours ago, MarthEmblem said:

It especially sucks as a US citizen who loves Yuzu because unless we search out the information ourselves, we get fed all the hyped US-only information from the news. I refuse to go on NBC or anything to watch competitions because I know it's gonna be biased propaganda for US skaters. Like, yeah, Nathan is incredible and a lot of what he does is hard af but I can only take so much of US media insisting that Nathan or Adam should have won the Olympic gold over Yuzu, Shoma, or Javi. Suddenly the short program doesn't even exist, I guess

I know it's good to uplift your country's athletes, but completely ignoring and downplaying another athlete's achievements isn't the way to go about it. "If Nathan skated his PB, he would have won!!" lmao yeah and if Yuzu skated his best, literally nobody could have come near him :idk:

:lol: It is so interesting that in all these 'what might have been' situations in the US media, their guys do the absolute best they possibly could but nobody else's performance changes even a tiny bit. It's a pity because take the bias and fed nonsense away, and I truly do appreciate how Nathan paid attention to choreo in a GP where he had to give up some of his quads. Takes an awful lot of effort to separate the young man and what he does from the fed and media circus around him, though! 

Now I wonder if anyone figured out what he was singing before the short program...

Before the free, we could see it easily even from across the rink how into it he was and were sort of trying not to laugh, but failing miserably lol But it's so awesome, I love that he just does not care what anyone thinks lol (Now I wish I could have seen Brian's reaction when this first happened lol By now, both he and Ghislain seem perfectly used to it lol)

I am so thankful that we are currently in the internet age and can access news and videos easily. I would end up as a very dry cactus if the situation is different since there is zero coverage about figure skating in my country (To be fair there is only 3 ice rinks here in Jakarta). 

It is also a great fun to listen to different commentators. CBC one is my current fave for his FS during Helsinki, as Kurt and Carol were hilarious there. :68468287: