General Yuzuru Chat

18 minutes ago, BrightonDogwoods said:

LOVE the new themes, especially the default!

WOW, Helsinki sure lived up to the hype, and MORE! I sure didn't hope to see him set new high scores, I barely dared to hope that he would WIN given his track record, but that didn't deter me from going at all.

The highlight for me (aside from his skating) was right before the SP I put on my Pooh ears and I was hugging a big Pooh plushie on my lap, preparing to throw him to the ice. Within minutes, I was approached by a very nice Japanese lady who asked me, "Are you a Yuzuru Hanyu fan?" (ROFLMAO I was sure I hadn't heard correctly, "eh, no, I just love Pooh and I followed all these other Pooh lovers in here...what is this, skating???") and when I admitted that yes, I AM a Yuzuru Hanyu fan, she handed me one of the celebratory newspapers printed after the Olys- the one with the fold out full length poster of Yuzu!!!!! GAAAHHH! I had seen pics of this mythic artifact but seeing it in person and now having one, WOW! Major score! 

https://imgur.com/49I3ohX

Practice sessions with Yuzu have become COMPLETELY ridiculous now, better attended than most of the other competitions. I think even Yuzu's eyes got a little bigger when he first saw the stands before the first practice. Lower tribunes were about 80-90% occupied. I used to be able to squat in a rink-side seat for practice to get REALLY close to Yuzu, back in the day when only about 10-20% of the ticket holders attended practice. I had small hopes that the 7am Saturday practice crowd would be more sparse, with a full day of competitions ahead, but NOPE! This was the scene when I arrived a few mins before 7

https://imgur.com/XTx2109

And after he skated the SP the clouds in Helsinki finally broke and I saw blue sky for the first time since I arrived. I guess aliens from his planet can control the weather!

https://imgur.com/G1deUSv

Oh my goodness..... I missed this practice unfortunately but must have timed it well for others and comp. I got in the arena quickly for all. Bet the wait was worth it. 

18 minutes ago, BrightonDogwoods said:

Actually, the line went fast, there wasn't really any wait. I think I got there just as they opened the doors

Think at short notice Helsinki was very well organised.  I wonder if they will get to keep or if it will revert back to China.  I think for Europeans it was a great location.  Journey from the airport was easy and took no time at all.  Public transport was amazing and city is small enough to get to wherever you wanted extremely quickly. 

2 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

Finally the new layouts are live :loveshower: The default layout banner, Yin and Yang, was made by @Yep and it received the most votes. The other two are called Yuzu in Bloom and Full Circle and they were both made by @ranran! They both worked with us very hard to make matching avatars and test out the themes. Thank you to all the artists who submitted banners and everyone who voted <3

Thank you to everyone! They're all so lovely :tumblr_inline_nhkezmeBaq1qid2nw: 

Will the other themes stay as well?

2 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

Finally the new layouts are live :loveshower: The default layout banner, Yin and Yang, was made by @Yep and it received the most votes. The other two are called Yuzu in Bloom and Full Circle and they were both made by @ranran! They both worked with us very hard to make matching avatars and test out the themes. Thank you to all the artists who submitted banners and everyone who voted <3

The new themes are awesome, hats off:grin_clapping:

1 hour ago, BrightonDogwoods said:

Within minutes, I was approached by a very nice Japanese lady who asked me, "Are you a Yuzuru Hanyu fan?" (ROFLMAO I was sure I hadn't heard correctly, "eh, no, I just love Pooh and I followed all these other Pooh lovers in here...what is this, skating???") and when I admitted that yes, I AM a Yuzuru Hanyu fan, she handed me one of the celebratory newspapers printed after the Olys- the one with the fold out full length poster of Yuzu!!!!! GAAAHHH! I had seen pics of this mythic artifact but seeing it in person and now having one, WOW! Major score! 

I wonder if she approached every one because the same exact thing happened to me, and I got a nice plastified pic of Yuzu in red UA too

7 minutes ago, Tee said:

Thank you to everyone! They're all so lovely :tumblr_inline_nhkezmeBaq1qid2nw: 

Will the other themes stay as well?

Except for the two that were voted to stay and the Olympic banners, the rest will be gone soon, unfortunately. We need to make space for new ones ;___; 

1 minute ago, Frenchkiss70 said:

I wonder if she approached every one because the same exact thing happened to me, and I got a nice plastified pic of Yuzu in red UA too

I'm sure there were many many Japanese people doing the same thing, they do have access to some of this memorabilia (clear files, newspapers, magazines) that the rest of us can't get to, so it's soooooo thoughtful that they do this. But I know there are also many people from all over the world making their own crafts and passing them out to as many fans as they can. As if Yuzu needs anyone to help promote his fan base, LOL!!!