General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, yuzupon said:

I am amazed Indonesia is 2nd, considering... our lack of representative athletes in the sport itself😅... It's either Yuzu's potency or Indonesians' notorious high activity on the internet. I'll take either or both.

I tag NL because I live here now, but I carry the Garuda passport🇮🇩

Oh hi there fellow lowlands expat :8122685: — I currently live in Belgium but I still put Indonesia in the country tag. It is interesting indeed to see the country stats — I somehow think that this is due to the spillover from the anime/manga fans community to the FS — even before YOI was aired :think:. Percentage wise we might not be that significant compared to other countries with proper winter and proper following on the winter sports but we do have the power in numbers, so.... :68468287:

About Indonesian represantation in FS, I put it in the spoiler below↓

Spoiler

Also, about the representation in FS, starting last season Indonesia sent skaters to JGP and other comps! Our skaters sure still have a lot to work on — but just knowing the fact that there were one skater each at a JGP event (this time there was one in Bratislava and Richmond for the ladies (and the men also I think? Either Bratislava and Richmond or Linz and Richmond)) makes me so happy :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

... anyway, :t1233:

1 hour ago, BWOZWaltz said:

Universal order's restored...:dancingpooh:

z1BGKZb.png

1 hour ago, ralucutzagy said:

IKR? :68468287:

I am not supposed to feel insecure about my own (physical) beauty by a man.... But that is what exactly happened to me after viewing these photos....:sadPooh::Poohgaveup:

17 minutes ago, 4Nessie said:

:xD: Yes, but Johnny's comment is still the best imo. It has a feeling of weirdness and mystery. I still don't know, what is it supposed to look like. :rofl3:

Wasn't Johnny also the one who said he's like a freshly born kitten? Hahahahahaha

@Figure_Frenzy 

Spoiler

Oh, I know about those junior skaters, I watched JGP more faithfully than the GP (at least half of my post count is JGP:68468287: ). It's heartwarming to see them! My point is more like the Top 10 countries represented in the chart have sent skaters to PC and other Olys before that (neighbours Malaysia and the Philippines, included), except us.:embSwan:

As for Zu's PCS... I can only sigh

2 hours ago, Tee said:

Nope but I made one :13877886::

Hide contents

https://mega.nz/#!jvpCRSQR 

Decryption key: !LJnHH3_Gz0CIM8zRHAwiccWaWvM6YX19Kva-fwYgSwM

God bless I can see it now :snonegai:

I honestly don't think he completely knows the lyrics because his mouth defs doesn't match at times and honestly that just makes it so much better

But dang this boy has great taste can he share his playlist

Finally the new layouts are live :loveshower: The default layout banner, Yin and Yang, was made by @Yep and it received the most votes. The other two are called Yuzu in Bloom and Full Circle and they were both made by @ranran! They both worked with us very hard to make matching avatars and test out the themes. Thank you to all the artists who submitted banners and everyone who voted <3

Just now, yuzuangel said:

Finally the new layouts are live :loveshower: The default layout banner, Yin and Yang, was made by @Yep and it received the most votes. The other two are called Yuzu in Bloom and Full Circle and they were both made by @ranran! They both worked with us very hard to make matching avatars and test out the themes. Thank you to all the artists who submitted banners and everyone who voted <3

Oh, that last refresh was a shock! I LOVE IT!!! I am glad I haven't seen those banners before, because it is definitely a nice surprise! Well done, everyone! :img_21:

LOVE the new themes, especially the default!

WOW, Helsinki sure lived up to the hype, and MORE! I sure didn't hope to see him set new high scores, I barely dared to hope that he would WIN given his track record, but that didn't deter me from going at all.

The highlight for me (aside from his skating) was right before the SP I put on my Pooh ears and I was hugging a big Pooh plushie on my lap, preparing to throw him to the ice. Within minutes, I was approached by a very nice Japanese lady who asked me, "Are you a Yuzuru Hanyu fan?" (ROFLMAO I was sure I hadn't heard correctly, "eh, no, I just love Pooh and I followed all these other Pooh lovers in here...what is this, skating???") and when I admitted that yes, I AM a Yuzuru Hanyu fan, she handed me one of the celebratory newspapers printed after the Olys- the one with the fold out full length poster of Yuzu!!!!! GAAAHHH! I had seen pics of this mythic artifact but seeing it in person and now having one, WOW! Major score! 

https://imgur.com/49I3ohX

Practice sessions with Yuzu have become COMPLETELY ridiculous now, better attended than most of the other competitions. I think even Yuzu's eyes got a little bigger when he first saw the stands before the first practice. Lower tribunes were about 80-90% occupied. I used to be able to squat in a rink-side seat for practice to get REALLY close to Yuzu, back in the day when only about 10-20% of the ticket holders attended practice. I had small hopes that the 7am Saturday practice crowd would be more sparse, with a full day of competitions ahead, but NOPE! This was the scene when I arrived a few mins before 7

https://imgur.com/XTx2109

And after he skated the SP the clouds in Helsinki finally broke and I saw blue sky for the first time since I arrived. I guess aliens from his planet can control the weather!

https://imgur.com/G1deUSv