General Yuzuru Chat

9 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

You pointed out something important here. It was something I noticed at ACI too. I was remarking how being a Yuzu fan was creating all these moments and communities and opportunities for so many people who otherwise would have not had them, and they're all basically positive opportunities. And it occurred to me that the Yuzu fan-omenon has gotten so much bigger than just being about him, even though it's still because of  him. 

That is so true. Just starting to get down to earth after seeing Yuzu live for the first time. And except from seeing him skate, which nothing could have prepared me, (the intensity and electricity in the arena can’t be conveyed on tv), the best thing was meeting other fans. Magic happened, new friendship happened. Fanyus from all over the world are the best. 

All thanks to our wonder boy:img_21: When I thought I couldn’t love him more.

6 minutes ago, MeowZu said:

Has Yuzu always been this smooth of a skater? I noticed some senior skaters, you'll know when they'll jump and it's almost awkward sometimes. But Yuzu, it's like part of the whole program. I can't describe it properly. It's like water and feather combined.

Well, he hasn't ALWAYS skated this smoothly, but it's definitely a trait of his in his senior years, and one that sets him apart from the field. It's something that is currently unique to him alone in the men's field, the ability to make his jumps come out of no where, and seem like part of the choreo. It's why his GOE is so high. It's why he won the Olympics with the two lowest value quads. He doesn't take half a rink to set up a jump, he jumps from complicated set ups (this season, from twizzles, from a freaking hydroblades). And it all stems from his solid foundation, the way he (And team TCC) have placed emphasis on his skating skills and edgework and the cores of figure skating. And his textbook perfect jump technique of course. Before Javi retired, he and Yuzu were noticeably smoother on the ice than all their competitors. And now? He's basically alone in his fluidity on ice. 

18 minutes ago, OonsieHui said:

Well, he hasn't ALWAYS skated this smoothly, but it's definitely a trait of his in his senior years, and one that sets him apart from the field. It's something that is currently unique to him alone in the men's field, the ability to make his jumps come out of no where, and seem like part of the choreo. It's why his GOE is so high. It's why he won the Olympics with the two lowest value quads. He doesn't take half a rink to set up a jump, he jumps from complicated set ups (this season, from twizzles, from a freaking hydroblades). And it all stems from his solid foundation, the way he (And team TCC) have placed emphasis on his skating skills and edgework and the cores of figure skating. And his textbook perfect jump technique of course. Before Javi retired, he and Yuzu were noticeably smoother on the ice than all their competitors. And now? He's basically alone in his fluidity on ice. 

Junhwan is starting to show signs of that same smoothness though. At least I thought so from observing him at Skate Canada practices. None of the other men even come close to having that light flowing style. 

*Ooh, look, I'm Notte Stellata now!

20 minutes ago, MeowZu said:

Has Yuzu always been this smooth of a skater? I noticed some senior skaters, you'll know when they'll jump and it's almost awkward sometimes. But Yuzu, it's like part of the whole program. I can't describe it properly. It's like water and feather combined.

You mean the "water... suspended in soup..."? :darklordyuzu:

6 hours ago, makebelieveup said:

I think other coverages like NBC too but I'm a little lazy to find the links for now

Okay, about that double gold medals, it is sad. But misinterpretation is way too common to be bothered with it.

Otherwise... I LOVE KURT'S COMMENTS! :LOL:

And that final line, as well - EPIC! "You have just seen 'The Greatest Of All Time' Hanyu!" :rofl3:

7 часов назад, Moria Polonius сказал:

It's really interesting that this time around, I think skating after Yuzu benefited Brezina. He was not under pressure to win and since he was not a threat to Yuzu's domination, he had the whole super-happy audience on his side. People enthusiastically clapped along almost through his entire program - it can't have hurt. Compared to Kolyada who had stuck fingers in his ears so as not to hear Lazukin's score, Brezina actually seemed to have an easier time! 

But I guess if you're a direct rival like Nathan was or Javi, it's freaky.

I've read that Brezina has more relaxed attitude this season, he wanted to quit but later decided to continue a little more. Whatever he's doing it's working by now. And his rocking FS was a perfect way to end the comp when the crowd was already on fire (even though emotionlly it was hard to switch to his performance stright away).

Kolyada I think always stucks fingers in the ears (I think Pogo did this too and some other skaters). Even music didn't help Kolyada's performance this time (to which you want to clap along), it's such a waste of talent aaaaaahhhhhhhh I just can't... shows you that talent is not enough to be at the top if you don't have a character of steel.

I also have a moment recorded when Yuzu was cheering for Brezina )))

Спойлер

19 minutes ago, Lunna said:

I've read that Brezina has more relaxed attitude this season, he wanted to quit but later decided to continue a little more. Whatever he's doing it's working by now. And his rocking FS was a perfect way to end the comp when the crowd was already on fire (even though emotionlly it was hard to switch to his performance stright away).

Kolyada I think always stucks fingers in the ears (I think Pogo did this too and some other skaters). Even music didn't help Kolyada's performance this time (to which you want to clap along), it's such a waste of talent aaaaaahhhhhhhh I just can't... shows you that talent is not enough to be at the top if you don't have a character of steel.

I also have a moment recorded when Yuzu was cheering for Brezina )))

Hide contents

Sorry to go off track but did he finally learn to whistle?!

From here I read that the ice conditions made it difficult to implement edge jumps. Does anyone knows what this means? Too rough? Rink creation too rushed? Impurities? What's so special about edge jumps for the conditions to affect it? Just wondering if anyone who skates can illustrate the situation. 

Also why though. Like I thought they have a standard to meet for the ice, seems unfair that the ice made so many ladies fall during their event.