General Yuzuru Chat

I noticed the comment about only these 2 having won golds, but i just dismissed it.  i think since everyone was mentioning Dick Button (who people still remember as a commentator) so many times last year that people forget to mention who came before... like many forget Larisa Latynina and her achievements in gymnastics... it was just so long ago, before big time tv etc... the average viewer of an afternoon show only wants to hear (briefly) how great Hanyu is, they won't want a whole list of champs from a long time ago.... skating fans might, but the average viewer? Nah. 

Hi, I don't know which forum to place this question in but theres this video of Yuzuru that I'm trying to find.  It's an overhead video if him during his Seimei program in the beginning where he just starts the program.  It was from this year's Olympics.  I found it on Twitter but accidentally unliked it so the video disappeared immediately....please help!

I wonder if they meant that there's only one other man alive who did the same? Still a dumb mistake (especially since it doesn't matter who's alive or dead for this) but seems a bit more forgivable to me somehow... On NBC Tara did go through the whole "since Dick Button" thing.

3 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

So out of curiosity I looked at the self-selected country tags of each user (although we only started having the tag like, a couple of months in, so half of the users on PH never filled out a country tag). The tag is what displays your flag underneath your avatar.

It's very interesting, 1481 people have filled out a tag (not including those who chose to leave the field blank), and we are from 88 different countries :D The most number of members are from the United States, but over half of our members are from Asia.

(Long graph is long so click to zoom in.)

Av2h7hX.png

3sUZ2d0.png

Wow. That really puts the "planet" in Planet Hanyu. And some of those places are really far-flung. Cape Verde? Mongolia? Wow!

:knc_tracy1:

(BTW, we badly need a 'Wow!' Yuzumoji...I'm sure he's done a wow face somewhere...)

8 minutes ago, kaerb said:

What? No, I-I'm not ready :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw: (oh man, this really puts into perspective how little time the skaters have too, between events...no wonder poor Junhwan got sick after back-to-back competitions)

Just attending SCI was intense ( as is attending any comp, it seems). I can't imagine how hard it must be on the body to compete in one...and then go do it all again a week later. Junhwan must be planning to hibernate for the next week. 

Also, I noticed a few comments from people wondering why Yuzu was spotted on intra-Europe flights going to/from Helsinki. Maybe I can shed some light here: although I don't know what airline he travelled and have no knowledge whatsoever of his travel plans, the fact is that  there aren't that many airlines that fly direct from Toronto to Helsinki (or most European cities) at this time of year (in summer there is more). He probably had to connect in London, Paris, Frankfurt or Amsterdam, since those are the main hubs for flights out of Toronto Pearson. Hence why he might have been on an intra-Europe flight. Basically it doesn't necessarily mean anything vis-a-vis his plans for going to Moscow. 

And one more (OT) comment: I just want to say that, after watching Alina's EX, I think her channeling Lara Croft, Tomb Raider, is infinitely healthier and more positive of an image than whatever that leopard thing was last year. That is all. 

49 minutes ago, sophiang said:

Actually i need help from the selection of country

i cant choose Hong Kong 🇭🇰 

Can admin add it back?

I would also like HK as an option since it's where I currently live. Since HK skaters compete under the HK flag, I think it makes sense to have it be an option in the context of a figure skating forum ^^

OT: I have Yuzu withdrawal already--how did I even survive the off season? :13877886:

2 minutes ago, Maleko said:

Poor Yuzu now he has another thing to worry about it :2: :laughing: :laughing:

3nynhkN.jpg

Source

He doesn't need to haha, i can't get over how out of all people, he specifically chose the top 2 medalist of men's pair skating to lift him up! (shows that he paid attention too lol I wouldn't have remembered) As long as it's not Han Cong (sorry the height, only Wenjing for you) he just needs to pay attention to who won lmao. 

8 minutes ago, Maleko said:

Poor Yuzu now he has another thing to worry about it :2: :laughing: :laughing:

3nynhkN.jpg

Source

This made me laugh an unreasonable amount. Where's Ondrej when you need him?  :notamused:

But you know, Shoma got the ladies to lift him (take a look at the photo, the guys are only at either end, the girls are doing all the hard work.) I wonder if Yuzu dares....:10814716: