General Yuzuru Chat

So out of curiosity I looked at the self-selected country tags of each user (although we only started having the tag like, a couple of months in, so half of the users on PH never filled out a country tag). The tag is what displays your flag underneath your avatar.

It's very interesting, 1481 people have filled out a tag (not including those who chose to leave the field blank), and we are from 88 different countries :D The most number of members are from the United States, but over half of our members are from Asia.

(Long graph is long so click to zoom in.)

Av2h7hX.png

3sUZ2d0.png

1 hour ago, TallyT said:

I have to say that from the atmosphere you can just hear in the videos (what it must have been in the area!) in the more intense/dramatic moments of Yuzu's skates (and both the choreo and Yuzu's personal commitment means they are super intense)... as he gets better and they get closer to the big competitions, it is going to get really insane. Even more than before, I would hate to be the one to follow him on a great skate.  And I'm not talking about the Poohstorm.  I imagine by the GPF and Worlds, the uproar will shake the building!

It's really interesting that this time around, I think skating after Yuzu benefited Brezina. He was not under pressure to win and since he was not a threat to Yuzu's domination, he had the whole super-happy audience on his side. People enthusiastically clapped along almost through his entire program - it can't have hurt. Compared to Kolyada who had stuck fingers in his ears so as not to hear Lazukin's score, Brezina actually seemed to have an easier time! 

But I guess if you're a direct rival like Nathan was or Javi, it's freaky.

34 minutes ago, Tee said:

From the yt comments I found the song he was rocking out to at ACi (it's time stamped @ 1:58):

Do you know if there's an overlayed version already? I'm trying to match up stuff but I just don't hear/see where it lines up ;;;

His hopping doesn't seem to be in time with it either so I think YT comments might be wrong about this one

Just now, makebelieveup said:

hey guys, quick random question. How come the commentators always say the only man ever repeated back to back gold for Olympic is Dick Button? Didn't Gillis Grafström had 3 and Karl Schäfer also had 2? 

No one had repeated gold after Dick Button until a certain Cave Boy decided that he needed another OGM

1 minute ago, makebelieveup said:

I think other coverages like NBC too but I'm a little lazy to find the links for now

Yeah, they're wrong, basically. Lol.

I'm not really sure why they say that. Last year it was about "first double OGM since Dick Button" but I guess after a game of telephone it got scrambled to "the only man other than Dick Button."

27 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

hey guys, quick random question. How come the commentators always say the only man ever repeated back to back gold for Olympic is Dick Button? Didn't Gillis Grafström have 3 and Karl Schäfer also have 2? 

Oh, they're European, they don't count. :yznotimpressed: