General Yuzuru Chat

Saw a second post about Yuzu being terrified of rowdy crowds that swarm him after events. And someone just commented on tumblr that Yuzu is ungrateful for hushing his fans because they pay for it. Ugh. 

****post reproduced below****

"Please respect Yuzu…

I loved the experience in Helsinki, BUT I hated how some fans treat Yuzu like some kind of curiosity in a zoo. 

That crowd after the medal ceremony would have ripped him apart if he would have showed up. There were hundreds of people gathering in front of the VIP Lounge/entrance holding up phones even though there was nothing to see, some even filmed others people’s phone to see what was happening. It was far beyond ridiculous. How the hell should he manage to get through this crowd? (Security would have been stupid to lead him through this) 

I am glad he left through a backdoor, which was fairly at the entrace/exit. I saw him leave because I had to go to catch my flight (unfortunately I could not watch the Gala) he just jumped fast into a car. And he looked really frightened. I won’t forget that look on his face, it made me really sad. 😢 And even there some of the few people tried to get a picture, he was not smiling or waving or made it look like he wanted to be photographed at all. He just rushed into the car. (you can see if he expects to be photographed. You would have a Japanese media team around)

Seeing this disrespectful behaviour beclouds my wonderful experience a bit.

Please be respectful. He is human and deserves his privacy! Not every moment is for cameras! 

Please don’t make people have a reason to hate on Fanyus! "

18 minutes ago, shanshani said:

I'm just going to assume Finnish has some weird vowel/declension rules because the alternative is too :headdesk2: to contemplate

This is what I thought too about the mispronounciation that happened during the GP. I understand about the J softening, since Finnish J is a soft J (eg. Junhwan became Yunhwan, Jin (Boyang) became Yin...)...but Yuzuri?? I am definitely not familiar with Finnish orthography (let alone the Finnish language itself :xD:) , but there seems to be this tendency of final vowel change of u to i? Don't take my word for it though

10 minutes ago, Sapphiresushi said:

You missed the lone "Hanyulle."

This is not a misspell, that's for sure, since Finnish (and other finno-ugric languages) can get pretty hardcore at declensing* nouns (...and yes, that includes proper nouns like names as well)

(*simply put, adding things to a word to give it different functions, eg. in english you add 's to denote possession, mere s to denote plural stuffs, etc.)

28 minutes ago, Salior said:

not again

The last time this happened on Twitter, fans started positive hashtags that trended and pushed all the negativity out of sight. But if it's on a figure skating forum with mods/admins who aren't inclined to do anything about it, I'm not sure what we can do. 

48分钟前, Figure_Frenzy说:

This is what I thought too about the mispronounciation that happened during the GP. I understand about the J softening, since Finnish J is a soft J (eg. Junhwan became Yunhwan, Jin (Boyang) became Yin...)...but Yuzuri?? I am definitely not familiar with Finnish orthography (let alone the Finnish language itself :xD:) , but there seems to be this tendency of final vowel change of u to i? Don't take my word for it though

This is not a misspell, that's for sure, since Finnish (and other finno-ugric languages) can get pretty hardcore at declensing* nouns (...and yes, that includes proper nouns like names as well)

(*simply put, adding things to a word to give it different functions, eg. in english you add 's to denote possession, mere s to denote plural stuffs, etc.)

ooh thanks for clarifying!

12 minutes ago, Sammie said:

It seem a fanyu is traveling home and was on the same bus and same airport as him. They aren’t taking pics but of course is looking at him do a solo karaoke performance while waiting :68468287:

Demonic karaoke concert!!! :rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:that's it! I'm calling it that from now on!

"And by the rink side, two time Olympic gold medallist Yuzuri Hanya is engaging in his usual pre-competition routine of carrying out a solo demonic karaoke concert! His murder eyes are chilling all around him and his competitors are clearly refusing to meet his eyes. Wise move that."

1 hour ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

Yes I can confirm that Hanyulle is just a conjugated form meaning "to/for Hanyu". But Yiziri is just a plain old error, no idea how that got printed. I guess newspaper journalists these days are so busy they don't have enough time to double check everything but still, this is just too much.. Embarrassed for my country(wo)men 😅I swear we have some decent reporters too 

1 hour ago, Figure_Frenzy said:

Being a  language freak, I looked it up, because Czech language is really crazy with foreign names as well. (I didn't want to mention it, but maybe I should, 'cause "our" version of saying his name in a sentence like "I can see Yuzuru" is ------ be prepared------ Juzurua Hanjua  (at least J is pronounced as Y, so no craziness happening there) - Yeah, there you go. :headdesk:)

Edit - no longer needed after @glilikoi explanation

So, Hanyuelle has suffix -lle, which should be used for nouns to express meaning of "to, on,... something". (Please, feel free to correct me, if I am wrong.)

@glilikoi thanks for the explanation! Also, I trust you on the Finnish journalist thing :68468287::smiley-laughing021:

Edit: I found a post on Tumblr that shows the newspapers' front-page today, after GP Helsinki is held. All of the newspapers nailed his name down (save for this newspaper which we have hotly discussed here — which turned out to be a free newspaper commonly distributed on metro stations)

@4Nessie yay language nerds! I might not be that knowledgeable on that many languages, but knowing the facts about Finnish, my thought went straight to "this must be one of those Finnish noun suffixes!" . Interesting info on the Czech as well (the only Slavic language I ever learned so far is Russian, so I barely have any idea about other Slavic languages 😅)