General Yuzuru Chat

10 minutes ago, ZuCritter said:

Didn't see any Nessies on the ice at ACI (watching via video stream), but I'm packing these babies for Helsinki:

nessie-plushies.jpg

Yes! Nice! I hope we can get some nice cameraman to record his reactions to these cuties.

20 minutes ago, ruruzest said:

No Nessie was thrown at ACi but I spotted quite a few goats! One very big mountain goat plushie and a few cute smaller ones. Do you think Yuzu get the Nessie implication? 

I can’t wait till next competition and my trip to Vancouver! :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:

LOL I thought Nessie has been a whole PlanetHanyu jargon and I doubt he'd even get the GOAT implication. Didnt someone mention they have to explain to the japanese/chinese fans what it means? This is why I think throwing GOAT and Nessies would confuse both him and the media since they're only aware of and expecting Pooh up until this point. We should raise a high awareness for th commentators to know about the implication behind Nessie and GOAT so they can explain it to the wider audience. Then if the fans threw enough of these in the following competitions, hopefully, the Japanese media would pick this up as well. Then we all know it will lead to an interview question for Yuzu or even documentary lol

imagine how the sequential events go --

Japanese narrating Yuzu's program ending "and now its time for pooh---wait? what is hapenning here. Let's replay this. Its not pooh san but some different types of plushies. We have Lapras san and many goat plushies. We wonder why fans are throwing this instead of Pooh sans?"

After several competitions and japanese media's veryyy thorough research

"Now the fans are throwing Nessies san and GOAT san to imply that the 4A has finally come out of water and landed on dry ground by the greatest of all time. Ahhh very fitting indeed!"

Interviewer: Hanyu shenshu, what do you think about the new plushies you're receiving?

Yuzu: *smiles cheekily" It's all in my calculation

---

man all this talk about nessie im gonna be hella bitter if it aint happening this season

3 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

LOL I thought Nessie has been a whole PlanetHanyu jargon and I doubt he'd even get the GOAT implication. Didnt someone mention they have to explain to the japanese/chinese fans what it means? This is why I think throwing GOAT and Nessies would confuse both him and the media since they're only aware of and expecting Pooh up until this point. We should raise a high awareness for th commentators to know about the implication behind Nessie and GOAT so they can explain it to the wider audience. Then if the fans throw enough of these in the following competitions, hopefully, the Japanese media will pick this up as well. Then we all know it will lead to an interview question for Yuzu or even documentary loll

Japanese narrating Yuzu's program ending "and now its time for pooh---wait? what is hapenning here. Let's replay this. Its not pooh san but some different types of plushies. We have Lapras san and many goat plushies. We wonder why fans are throwing this instead of Pooh sans?"

After several competitions and japanese media thorough research

"Now the fans are throwing Nessies and GOAT to imply that the 4A has finally come out of water and landed on dry ground by the greatest of all time. Ahhh very fitting indeed!"

Interviewer: Hanyu shenshu, what do you think about the new plushies you're receiving?

---

man all this talk about nessie im gonna be hella bitter if it aint happening this season

Didn't someone say they explained the GOAT to Ghislain at ACI?

7 minutes ago, 4Nessie said:

Didn't someone say they explained the GOAT to Ghislain at ACI?

right, you reminded me there. it was on twitter. tho i cant imagine how wide the topic of discussion these two would share aside from daily practice small talks, jumps and technique. probably due to the language barrier but i can only image Yuzu throwing more smiles, hugs and body languages in his daily interactions with the TCC team. But you never know haha its a good starting point 

2 hours ago, makebelieveup said:

LOL I thought Nessie has been a whole PlanetHanyu jargon and I doubt he'd even get the GOAT implication. Didnt someone mention they have to explain to the japanese/chinese fans what it means? This is why I think throwing GOAT and Nessies would confuse both him and the media since they're only aware of and expecting Pooh up until this point. We should raise a high awareness for th commentators to know about the implication behind Nessie and GOAT so they can explain it to the wider audience. Then if the fans threw enough of these in the following competitions, hopefully, the Japanese media would pick this up as well. Then we all know it will lead to an interview question for Yuzu or even documentary lol

After several competitions and japanese media's veryyy thorough research

"Now the fans are throwing Nessies san and GOAT san to imply that the 4A has finally come out of water and landed on dry ground by the greatest of all time. Ahhh very fitting indeed!"

---

I think quite a lot of Japanese fans understand the GOAT thing — I saw a fanart of a baby goat in Otoñal costume from a jp twitter account :smiley-cool14:, not too sure about Nessie, but in my own experience I only knew Nessie as a code name for you know what only after I read about it on here at PH :think:

1 minute ago, Frenchkiss70 said:

Well, I won’t have to worry about plane tickets, it’s within driving distance. Now let’s hope the organization won’t be as awful as it was in Marseille.

don't be too optimist , they are capable of doing waaaay worse than before 

so the checklist for french event : wobbly disco podium / fake medals / bouquets that are not bouquets / maybe the big stars from idf 2017 again ?? / NO flags 

the list is long :crazyshit2:

17 minutes ago, Frenchkiss70 said:

Well, I won’t have to worry about plane tickets, it’s within driving distance. Now let’s hope the organization won’t be as awful as it was in Marseille.

Hm... I am not so lucky, but still it's not that far away. Plane, if I was desperate, than maybe few hours in bus. Maybe, it could become my first live competition visit. :dancingpooh: