General Yuzuru Chat

My wallet is so glad that I'm not in Japan. Else the resistance might be worn down enough by the clearfiles offensive to venture out into the wild unknown's mornings, snooping around combinis for clear files which will be used as wall and desk decorations than anything remotely practical.

58 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Johnny's just as much of a Yuzu fanboy as Yuzu is a Johnny one, it's pretty cute.

About clear files in general: I'm a lot more familiar with basic cardboard file folders, clipboards, binders, etc for documents. I only have one clear file, a Yuri On Ice one, that I was totally at loss for what to do with when I got it ( I eventually used it to save coupons in). They're not as ubiquitous here as they seem to be in Japan, so I was wondering about why so many were in offer...here in Canada at least, if promotional items are on offer, it's usually something like coasters or keychains, drinking glasses/plastic cups, or trading cards. Or a cheap ball or other toy or something. No one would think of office supplies like clear files for that, so I thought it was an interesting cultural difference. 

Yeah I didn’t know what clear files was until I got a couple from my favorite anime. Nobody really uses them in my office. But I do use mine and everyone always ask about them. I really like them and their waterproof so they saved my life many time :68468287:

34 minutes ago, Xen said:

My wallet is so glad that I'm not in Japan. Else the resistance might be worn down enough by the clearfiles offensive to venture out into the wild unknown's mornings, snooping around combinis for clear files which will be used as wall and desk decorations than anything remotely practical.

It gets practical whether you want it or not because you stock up on gum! My xylitol gum stock from last year lasted me months lol (and I had gone years without chewing gum before that...)

I have a binder of clearfiles now, most of them Yuzu. I tried using an X Japan one once but it got scratches, so, since then, my clearfiles are collectibles. However I do have an extra hydroblade from last year and that one I do use.

21 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I LURRRVVVVVEEEEE this one. Everything about it. Doesn't he look like a fairy-tale prince?

That hand! It's more expressive and intriguing than the entire face and body of the great majority of other skaters.

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Johnny's just as much of a Yuzu fanboy as Yuzu is a Johnny one, it's pretty cute.

About clear files in general: I'm a lot more familiar with basic cardboard file folders, clipboards, binders, etc for documents. I only have one clear file, a Yuri On Ice one, that I was totally at loss for what to do with when I got it ( I eventually used it to save coupons in). They're not as ubiquitous here as they seem to be in Japan, so I was wondering about why so many were in offer...here in Canada at least, if promotional items are on offer, it's usually something like coasters or keychains, drinking glasses/plastic cups, or trading cards. Or a cheap ball or other toy or something. No one would think of office supplies like clear files for that, so I thought it was an interesting cultural difference. 

A clear file is basically a folder, but it seems this type of folder is much more common and standard in Asia. I've never seen these types of folders in the US for sale (unless in an Asian stationary shop) and I really like them. I remember as a kid with the paper folders those would always break apart in my backpack, but these clear files are much sturdier (and prettier to look at). I have my clear files stored in a clear file binder, but I have a few plain ones that I like to use to hold papers when I travel. As for clear files as bonus items, I think in Asia they're very cheap to produce and they take up very little space within the actual store and are probably cheap to ship and distribute to various markets, so it's an easy promotional item to have.

It is a bit OT, but Ijust found this Cha Jun-hwan's interview

His English is quite good, but why am I posting it here... I laughed so hard when he was saying 'I tried really hard... I worked hard...' - Does he learn English from Yuzu, or what? :xD:

27 minutes ago, 4Nessie said:

His English is quite good, but why am I posting it here... I laughed so hard when he was saying 'I tried really hard... I worked hard...' - Does he learn English from Yuzu, or what? :xD:

LOL yeah Im actually pretty impressed by Jun's english. He's improved so much and it seems like he hangs out with foreign friends more than Yuzu does. 

and I doubt he did because he would have said "I'm just really happy" as a major part of his interview answer or more like "I need to work harder...I really need to work more"

6 hours ago, Frances said:

I am just curious, does Yuzu get to keep these costumes used in the commercials and photo shoots or Lotte keeps them? If Lotte has them I hope the company puts up an exhibit of these costumes and  photo shoot pictures. With the consent from Yuzuru of course. 

The exhibition idea is good but I would climax that with an auction of them with the proceeds going to the Reconstruction (whether IceRink Sendai or general efforts, the choice is their's to make).  The thing is that Yuzu memorabilia can be potent generators of charitable funds and I'm surprised there has not been any (I could be mistaken here, though, so correct me if you know better) actions like that.  There have been charity ice shows but not charity auctions, as far as I know.

55 minutes ago, 4Nessie said:

His english is so good! But he moved to toronto at a much younger age than Yuzu. And he actually has many friends in Toronto it seems (BFFs with Conrad Orzel? :tumblr_mdpjktkDxp1qdlkyg:) so it makes sense.

11 minutes ago, ruruzest said:

Yuzu is on his quest for THE one unified theory that Einstein once chased!  Great minds think alike! I love his enthusiasm and ideals!

im tearing up imagining his many emotions and movements during his student’s performance!! Now there would be a separate camera work dedicated to coach Yuzu!!!

as great as Yuzu is as a skater, Im quite nervous for his future students/clients. it will be interesting to see what kind of students he would choose to coach. he'll probably choose their music, costume materials, and make matching water bottle covers.

This is from a very old video I found today

giphy.gif

I say it's some proper kuyashii! Well done Yuzu!!! 

:hachimaki:

(He looks like a warrior. He must have held a katana at least once. I won't believe he would manage such positioning otherwise...)

I came across this on Tumblr: Yuzuru's Program Sorter! You choose between 2 options each time and it comes up with a list that shows your faves (of his senior programs) from 1-25. I forced myself to click one or the other rather than 'I Like Both' or 'No Opinion', no matter how agonizing, because the first time I did it I had a seven-way tie for #1, a five-way tie for #2, etc. :68468287:

Here are my results: 

Spoiler

1 Notte Stellata

2 Let's Go Crazy

3 Ballade No. 1

4 Seimei

5 Parisienne Walkways

6 Hope and Legacy

7 Romeo and Juliet 1.0

8 Origin

9 Haru yo, Koi

10 Otoñal