General Yuzuru Chat

21 minutes ago, daisyjune said:

Are you in Japan right now?

If so... this time it's harder than before to get clearfiles because any of Lawsons, Family Marts and Seven Elevens don't participate in the campaign.

Please look at the below list. Only small stores like Daily Yamazaki and ポプラ are doing the campaign,

and not every Aeon and Ito Yokado do.(I heard that some do but no one knows for sure which one.)

Most of the clearfiles at Daily Yamazaki seems to have gone already, though.

Actually I haven't got any of them, either. So sad :sadPooh:

If you live in Kanto area, I heard that Newdays at JR East stations have three kinds of clearfiles.

And, if you live in Kansai area, you can try ドン・キホーテ.

It looks so absurd but today we all ran about here and there to get the files! I think I'm a bit crazy!

I read that a fan drove two hours, many went to the neighboring prefecture, others got on the ship to go to the stores in Honshu, etc....

There is rumor that other stores will have clearfiles starting the next week. I hope it's true :snonegai:

I'm in the Osaka region. I just ran/jogged nearly two hours around my city checking all the convenience stores and supermarkets. I didn't know the big three weren't participating, but at least I got some exercise in. I was only going to check 6 stores, but ended up checking 13 places: Aeon, Kohyo (Aeon's smaller subsidiary), Don Quijote, 3 Family Mart, 3 Lawson, 2 Seven Eleven, Daily Yamazaki, and Aos(?I don't remember the name, but it was small and attached to the station). Not a single one showed any sign of having stocked the clearfiles, so I think my city simply didn't have any to begin with. It might be staggered? I'll do another run every couple of days I guess. I remember the last time I lived in Japan, the files were popping up throughout the week, but I wasn't sure if that would be the same this year.

Many clearfiles sold out early in the morning it seems... there was a tweet by someone who was at a store at opening time, 5:30am and said the lady at the front of the line took them all >_<

I actually gave in and bought a set of the more regular ones from Yahoo Auctions, for a still ridiculously high price... Though not as high as others there.

There was a ポプラ right next to the hotel I usually stayed at in Tokyo... Wish I was there... Though actually even last year when they were far more common, some clearfiles were really hard to find. After a while I just got tired ^_^;

37 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

Many clearfiles sold out early in the morning it seems... there was a tweet by someone who was at a store at opening time, 5:30am and said the lady at the front of the line took them all >_<

I actually gave in and bought a set of the more regular ones from Yahoo Auctions, for a still ridiculously high price... Though not as high as others there.

There was a ポプラ right next to the hotel I usually stayed at in Tokyo... Wish I was there... Though actually even last year when they were far more common, some clearfiles were really hard to find. After a while I just got tired ^_^;

Yahoo Auctions you say... 

Edit: Anything in particular I should look for, for example in regards to shipping abroad?

2 hours ago, Lunna said:

I use my last year's Xylotil clear files for my Japanese class too :68468287: (don't use CiONTU ones still), also for printed documents during travelling.

I also use the files when travelling; I find the open edges are convenient when I need to find or store papers in a hurry. 

35 минут назад, KatjaThera сказал:

I think I was lucky last year when I found a 7-11 on the way with yellow/blue collecton - only saw it in 2 stores in Tokyo (not that I cheked that much but looked in some while wolking in the city

I got a bunch of cute animal clear files from an online store that gives them out as freebies, and i actually needed more :P

Some amazing satellites supplied me with Yuzu clear files and i use them to carry and store documents. My mom uses them too, we're amazed at how useful they are :P way better than carrying manila envelopes and you get a cute space kitty to look at while you wait :pouty:

1 hour ago, lazuliblade said:

I'm in the Osaka region. I just ran/jogged nearly two hours around my city checking all the convenience stores and supermarkets. I didn't know the big three weren't participating, but at least I got some exercise in. I was only going to check 6 stores, but ended up checking 13 places: Aeon, Kohyo (Aeon's smaller subsidiary), Don Quijote, 3 Family Mart, 3 Lawson, 2 Seven Eleven, Daily Yamazaki, and Aos(?I don't remember the name, but it was small and attached to the station). Not a single one showed any sign of having stocked the clearfiles, so I think my city simply didn't have any to begin with. It might be staggered? I'll do another run every couple of days I guess. I remember the last time I lived in Japan, the files were popping up throughout the week, but I wasn't sure if that would be the same this year.

I can see you already did your best! お疲れ様でした(Otsukaresamadeshita)!!:tumblr_m9gcvqToXY1qzckow:

Yes, I believe it'll be easier to find them later, but also don't forget we will have another clear files of Ghana next week! :10742290:

This will be even harder to find... I'll drop information here when I find anything about stores in Kansai area.

I am just curious, does Yuzu get to keep these costumes used in the commercials and photo shoots or Lotte keeps them? If Lotte has them I hope the company puts up an exhibit of these costumes and  photo shoot pictures. With the consent from Yuzuru of course. 

39 minutes ago, cirelle said:

Yahoo Auctions you say... 

Edit: Anything in particular I should look for, for example in regards to shipping abroad?

I'm not sure you can use Yahoo Auctions Japan from abroad (I know a few years ago you couldn't). But proxy/shopping in Japan sites often have an option to buy from Yahoo Auctions. I use ZenMarket ^_^

Just now, daisyjune said:

Are you in Japan right now?

If so... this time it's harder than before to get clearfiles because any of Lawsons, Family Marts and Seven Elevens don't participate in the campaign.

Please look at the below list. Only small stores like Daily Yamazaki and ポプラ are doing the campaign,

and not every Aeon and Ito Yokado do.(I heard that some do but no one knows for sure which one.)

Most of the clearfiles at Daily Yamazaki seems to have gone already, though.

Actually I haven't got any of them, either. So sad :sadPooh:

If you live in Kanto area, I heard that Newdays at JR East stations have three kinds of clearfiles.

And, if you live in Kansai area, you can try ドン・キホーテ.

It looks so absurd but today we all ran about here and there to get the files! I think I'm a bit crazy!

I read that a fan drove two hours, many went to the neighboring prefecture, others got on the ship to go to the stores in Honshu, etc....

There is rumor that other stores will have clearfiles starting the next week. I hope it's true :snonegai:

Ah, that's why I had such a hard time. I went into many convenient stores etc today in Tokyo and didn't see any.

8 hours ago, kaeryth said:

Well.... Johnny uses them to carry his documents :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

Johnny's just as much of a Yuzu fanboy as Yuzu is a Johnny one, it's pretty cute.

About clear files in general: I'm a lot more familiar with basic cardboard file folders, clipboards, binders, etc for documents. I only have one clear file, a Yuri On Ice one, that I was totally at loss for what to do with when I got it ( I eventually used it to save coupons in). They're not as ubiquitous here as they seem to be in Japan, so I was wondering about why so many were in offer...here in Canada at least, if promotional items are on offer, it's usually something like coasters or keychains, drinking glasses/plastic cups, or trading cards. Or a cheap ball or other toy or something. No one would think of office supplies like clear files for that, so I thought it was an interesting cultural difference.