General Yuzuru Chat

10 hours ago, 4Nessie said:

I would love to watch. Don't know when it should be though. And my Japanese skills end with Arigatou and Yuzuru Hanyu. :68468287:

And 'kuyashii'.  Don't forget 'kuyashii'. Fanyus get to hear it early and a lot from him....

9 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

:8122879: 

That quiet 'so hard' just gets to me.... I'm misting up just thinking about what he put himself through.

4 hours ago, fyere0 said:

His workout video would probably be extremely unhelpful, honestly.

Yuzuru, posing with a heaping bowl of white rice: Abs are made in the kitchen! *winks* When you're finished all your rice, it's time to go work out!

Yuzuru, reappearing at the rink in training clothes: I usually start off with a light training session of one to two hours of Olympic-caliber figure skating. This will burn anywhere from five hundred to one thousand calories an hour and tighten up your core in no time. Just follow along at home! Ready? *does a quad loop*

AND 'shhhuuuuuuuu.....PAA!'  you can't forget the 'shuu-paa!' It's the real secret. 

Joking apart, I would be interested in knowing how you build up a core that can handle a lot of the stuff figure skaters do. And not just Yuzu. Think of Shoma's cantliever. How do you even work out to be able to do that? 

4 hours ago, ruruzest said:

yes you can Yuzu!:knc_brian1:

Brian did his last (public) triple axel at the age of 39, so yeah. It's a real myth that skaters have to be super-young. It's just easier for young people to devote that much time and energy to a sport, which is why so many drop out by their mid-20s. 

1 hour ago, Geo1 said:

Yes, he must've felt the same as Keegan Messing the year before at the ACI when he was third and shared the podium with the 2 top guys in the sport, Yuzuru Hanyu and Javier Fernandez.

Yuzu was only 17 when he won the bronze medal and shared the podium with Patrick Chan and Daisuke Takahashi at the 2012 World Championships in Nice. He showed unabashed joy at winning the bronze medal. That was in April 2012. In December 2012 at the Grand Prix Final in Sochi, Yuzu beat Patrick Chan and shared the podium again with Daisuke Takahashi winning gold and Patrick Chan in third place. A year after that, in December 2013 at the Grand Prix Final in Fukuoka, he beat Patrick Chan cleanly in both the short program and free skate to win his first GPF. Two months after that, Yuzu, barely 19 years old, won his first Olympic gold medal. Yuzu really is extra special.

Well, Keegan's a lot older (I think he's 26 this year, something like that) but that would still be a thrill.

7 hours ago, Sombreuil said:

Given Xylitols track record be very grateful....remember the white bodysuit with gold lace which even he couldn’t carry off?

The top wasn't working, but the bottom did showcase leg-lines decently. 

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Well, Keegan's a lot older (I think he's 26 this year, something like that) but that would still be a thrill.

Roman Sadovsky was born on May 31, 1999 and is 19 years of age. Keegan Messing was born on January 23, 1992 and is, as you say, 26 years of age. Yuzuru was born on December 7, 1994 and is four and half years older than Roman and almost 3 years younger than Keegan.

In a way, it might have been more of a thrill for Keegan because at his age, he probably thought that he was over the hill and would never have imagined sharing the podium with an Olympic champion and 2 double world champions.