General Yuzuru Chat

49 minutes ago, salty said:

it's such an absolutely heartbreaking skate and i wish he'd never done it and instead went straight to the hospital right when the collision happened . . . but i cant deny that watching that made me the hardcore fan i am today

I know what you mean, I knew before I saw it that he'd struggled through and still medalled but I watched it with heart in my throat and a chorus of "oh Yuzu why???" in my head...

But it probably should have warned everyone writing him off preOlympics not to underestimate how he could and would push through injury no matter what. It was not wise, but it was - as people have learned over and over again - so incredibly Yuzu....

8 часов назад, TallyT сказал:

If you had to pick just one program by Yuzuru as a memory to take, which would it be? - and if you want to make it even harder. which one performance? :idk:Make it up the the end of the last quad (Olympics 2018, as we haven't seen Otonal & Origin at their best, but when we do.....)

I'd take young Romeo from Nice 2012 anytime, that's the program I fell in love with from the first sight :img_20: (let's say it's like a first love and I'm getting sentimental))

And if I need only last quad I'd say H&L from Helsinki or LGC from GPF to keep me entertained :68468287:

8 hours ago, TallyT said:

So a little quiz born while I was watching a favourite Japanese movie, the premise of which is that in the afterlife people are allowed to choose one - just one memory to take with them (it's called After Life, and it is an exquisite movie, by the way).

If you had to pick just one program by Yuzuru as a memory to take, which would it be? - and if you want to make it even harder. which one performance? :idk:Make it up the the end of the last quad (Olympics 2018, as we haven't seen Otonal & Origin at their best, but when we do.....)

Can I choose something that's not a programme/performance? I actually want to take his PC practice sessions because I could watch him do stroking exercises while looking so blissfully happy forever. Plus point TCC family interactions!! 

But if it HAS to be a programme, I have to go with Requiem to Heaven and Earth. That was breathtakingly beautiful in all the right ways and the emotions just poured into and out of his skating. 

But just for fun I will take H&L world's 2017 just so I can hear our fav Italian uncles yell about how he's the best ever and the judges should be ashamed of themselves! 

5 hours ago, TallyT said:

You can, it was up to the last quad, anything earlier is fair game :knc_yuzu2:

Earlier than the last quad? In that case it has to be Parisien Walkways, because that was the performance that first made me notice him. But I find when I watch it these days, all I can see is how far he's come since then and how much his skating has progressed.

If it's any program at all, then GPF LGC. Because if I'm not mistaken, that's the cleanest performance of that program. And that program is absolute dynamite. Probably the best thing Jeffrey Buttle's ever choreographed.

3 hours ago, salty said:

the masochist in me says to pick Coc '14 

im so sorry, it's such an absolutely heartbreaking skate and i wish he'd never done it and instead went straight to the hospital right when the collision happened . . . but i cant deny that watching that made me the hardcore fan i am today, no program has ever made me feel the way i do watching him go through that ugh, though i wish there wasnt any footage of Yuzu after he got the scores, i feel nauseous hearing him cry like that and i refuse to watch anything after he sits down at the Kiss n Cry.

(and no POTO program has ever encapsulated the tragic character of the Phantom like that performance, with all the falls and tears and drama it is THE most faithful interpretation of Phantom)

hmmm but also ive only watched that performance maybe two or three times because it is truly really hard to watch so I'd probably pick Haru yo koi (Shizouka 2nd day) above anything else cuz that skate nearly brings me to tears every time - that entry to the Ina Bauer where he touches his ears then spreads his arms out????? Speechless

I agree with you - that performance is gut-wrenching in the extreme. 

6 hours ago, robin said:

Helsinki H&L just bc I was there and I don’t think I ever felt more joy about a jump being landed than for the 4S-3T and the 3Lz that day. 

Same! I uhm kind of cried at that moment and after the last jump that was it i lost it there

PW Sochi - First love, forever love

H&L Worlds 2017 - Most epic rebound. This is (for now) my all time favorite program by a very small margin 

Seimei GPF 2015 - Taking the sport to a new level 

Chopin PC - Most rewatched 

Seimei PC - confirmed GOAT

Notte Stellata PC - Most complete exhibition

RJ Worlds 2012 - Discovered late, new late favorite

+ any perf he won without kuyashii 

With Yuzu, there's no best only better. Sorry I had to cheat like everyone else did lol 

27 minutes ago, Bilge said:

Same! I uhm kind of cried at that moment and after the last jump that was it i lost it there

“kind of cried”, yes. lol. I didn’t really see anything anymore after the last jump bc of the tears. H&L that day was magical and beautiful and I am soooo glad Yuzu could showcase his perfect vision of figure skating!! I’ll forever cherish that program <3 

I think I'm gonna go with H&L from Worlds, Pyeongchang SEIMEI, or Requiem from GPF. All three are programs that I watch literally all the time because they're so good. H&L and SEIMEI bc god can you even find better performances that solidify his status as GOAT than those two??

But for Reqiuem, I just really love the emotion he puts into the GPF performance. While it wasn't a clean performance, it was how he moved that really got me hooked. The sharp and powerful movements really highlighted the frustration he must have felt during the aftermath of the earthquake. It also shows how much control over his edges he truly has when he skates. Like that one move where he gets onto one knee and just slides while turning??? Gorgeous 10/10 +5 GOE A+

Also that immediate 3A after the popped one is so funny to me, please never change Mr. Hanyu :LOL: