General Yuzuru Chat

So a little quiz born while I was watching a favourite Japanese movie, the premise of which is that in the afterlife people are allowed to choose one - just one memory to take with them (it's called After Life, and it is an exquisite movie, by the way).

If you had to pick just one program by Yuzuru as a memory to take, which would it be? - and if you want to make it even harder. which one performance? :idk:Make it up the the end of the last quad (Olympics 2018, as we haven't seen Otonal & Origin at their best, but when we do.....)

3 minutes ago, TallyT said:

So a little quiz born while I was watching a favourite Japanese movie, the premise of which is that in the afterlife people are allowed to choose one - just one memory to take with them (it's called After Life, and it is an exquisite movie, by the way).

If you had to pick just one program by Yuzuru as a memory to take, which would it be? - and if you want to make it even harder. which one performance? :idk:Make it up the the end of the last quad (Olympics 2018, as we haven't seen Otonal & Origin at their best, but when we do.....)

Only last quad? But I wanted to choose young Romeo :tumblr_inline_n0o1ffHUs91qid2nw:

2 hours ago, TallyT said:

Just one!? I think I'd have to die & re-born about 10 times to have 10 after lives :68468287:

2 hours ago, TallyT said:

Okay....if we have to pick just 1 program from the last quad...I'll pick Olympics 2018 Chopin. 

Yes, Seimei in the LP was the winning program, but I think after months of worry, frustration, people doubting his ability to even compete well, Olympics Chopin was the biggest statement Yuzu could have made to shush everyone. It was mercilessly clean, and so well done, at a level that other men could ever dare hope to reach. Fitting that he said to Brian "I'm back." Because it was very Yuzu-esque: a "Don't you dare doubt me" type of performance, beautifully done, effortless skating, that makes you wonder, was he really injured and barely able to skate for 3 months. Granted afterwards we knew better, that he really wasn't fully back-just 40% back- but watching Chopin you would not believe it, not a single misstep or wobble was seen. 

4 hours ago, TallyT said:

Phantom of the Opera GPF 2014

Because in that particular performance Yuzu resurrected a season that up until then had been an unmitigated disaster.  Had he not fallen late in his FS he would have broken the FS record (which he did anyways the next season, and  twice, for that matter).

Gosh... Since I’m still a Seimei hardcore fan I should choose Seimei GPF 2015 or Olympics 2018 but the performance I watch almost every day is Olympics 2018 Chopin.

And I’ll hide in my pocket Worlds 2012 FS :10814716:

If you had to pick just one program by Yuzuru as a memory to take, which would it be? - and if you want to make it even harder. which one performance? :idk:Make it up the the end of the last quad

Haru yo koi... Niigata version. 

I think that's the most suited performance to accompany someone in the After Life. Its softness is unparalleled and its emotions are pure and raw. 

(Either that or LGC because 'we're gathered here today to get through this thing called life')

the masochist in me says to pick Coc '14 

im so sorry, it's such an absolutely heartbreaking skate and i wish he'd never done it and instead went straight to the hospital right when the collision happened . . . but i cant deny that watching that made me the hardcore fan i am today, no program has ever made me feel the way i do watching him go through that ugh, though i wish there wasnt any footage of Yuzu after he got the scores, i feel nauseous hearing him cry like that and i refuse to watch anything after he sits down at the Kiss n Cry.

(and no POTO program has ever encapsulated the tragic character of the Phantom like that performance, with all the falls and tears and drama it is THE most faithful interpretation of Phantom)

hmmm but also ive only watched that performance maybe two or three times because it is truly really hard to watch so I'd probably pick Haru yo koi (Shizouka 2nd day) above anything else cuz that skate nearly brings me to tears every time - that entry to the Ina Bauer where he touches his ears then spreads his arms out????? Speechless

1 hour ago, Murieleirum said:

Haru yo koi... Niigata version. 

I think that's the most suited performance to accompany someone in the After Life. Its softness is unparalleled and its emotions are pure and raw. 

(Either that or LGC because 'we're gathered here today to get through this thing called life')

How about “requiem of heaven and earth” ci

yeah mine would be either that one on boston but then i’ll be crying all the time so i’ll go with olympic chopin (which i already watch everyday but i can go on with that on the afterlife too)

20 minutes ago, Bilge said:

How about “requiem of heaven and earth” ci

yeah mine would be either that one on boston but then i’ll be crying all the time so i’ll go with olympic chopin (which i already watch everyday but i can go on with that on the afterlife too)

Requiem makes me feel the life struggle more than the heavenly beauty life can be with Haru yo koi. 

6 hours ago, TallyT said:

Helsinki H&L just bc I was there and I don’t think I ever felt more joy about a jump being landed than for the 4S-3T and the 3Lz that day.