General Yuzuru Chat

3 minutes ago, Fay said:

If one slight underrotation within the rules can outdo a fall, no combo and two step outs in the SP, these people have to get themselves brand new brains. 

So I’d kindly ask people not to mention haters here. They are not worth wasting our time on

Thank you!

53 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

Thank you @gladi:img_20:

When you first learned about the name of the piece during choreography, what kind of program did you want to make out of it?

It was around the beginning of summer when we talked about the music. When I learned about the title of the piece from Yuzuru, the first thing I wanted to know was what the piece meant to him. The reason is that this is something that comes out from within him. The title, “Otoñal”, means “Autumn” when translated into English. But he told me, “Something like reflection.” So we decided on that theme as the basis of the story for this program.  We also looked back upon the many things that have happened in his life, incorporating the many memories into the theme, and developed it from there.

When you were choreographing, what did you talk about with Hanyu?

I was thinking that the performance of this program should be something that comes from within him, should be his own story. We spoke about that before starting to choreograph. The first day on the ice, I confirmed with him what “autumn” means to him. I also have my own idea, so when I told him, “To me, autumn means this”, [we realized] his idea was something completely different — “Oh, I’ve never ever imagined it that way!” (Laughs). So we did that, and went forward with his thoughts. When we began creating, we discussed many different things. From that, more and more ideas popped up.

Perhaps that's why the costume is blue (ice) where he sees his reflection in daily practice rather than autumn colours.

What are the highlights (in the program)?

Probably, where he expresses the flow of time. In the opening, beginning with the image of flipping open a photo album and looking back, he expresses the moment when you reminisce about the past. This is him reminiscing about his skating career. Also a “Journey”. And at the root of it all  — “Dream”. And then once again returning to the “Beginning”. Like that.