General Yuzuru Chat

Some Notes about Choreography of “Origin”

translated by: lorandomuffin

Except for the content in 11-min interview with Shae-Lynn Bourne, I found something really interesting in this blog. (The writer, Momo, luckily had an opportunity to directly listen to Shae-Lynn after ACI, and has got the consent and some confirmation to share the post.)

The choreography referring to “Kojiki” (An Account of Ancient Matters, which is the oldest extant chronicle in Japan) was the advice from Shae’s husband, Bohdan Turok. Originally, she intended to use Greek mythology to create the program. Choosing “Kojiki” is more appropriate because it’s closer to Yuzu’s cultural background.

18 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Except for the content in 11-min interview with Shae-Lynn Bourne, I found something really interesting in this blog. (The writer, Momo, luckily had an opportunity to directly listen to Shae-Lynn after ACI, and has got the consent and some confirmation to share the post.)

This is a real worthwhile read. 

Shae has an amazing mind. I think that's why she and Yuzu work so well together. Jeff might challenge him, but Shae challenges him not just physically, but also intellectually-how to express this creation and melding of the divine, the spiritual and mortal in a physical plane, in the form of figure skating. That's why his programs from her recently have been so interesting-she gives him an idea, some hints, and it's up to him to figure out how to actually express this abstract concept and image. 

3 hours ago, Arwen said:

He did carry Javi's and Nam's plushy tissue-boxes. But Javi and Nam hadn't them for long, if my memory serves me right.

Yeah a lot of skater tries the plushy tissue box thing but end up giving up either embarrassed or dosent want to bother carrying around a plushy tissue.  

While for Yuzu it’s essential for Pooh to be there. Even at the Olympics he brought Pooh with him even though its in his hotel room. :68468287:

47 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

I learned a little bit Japanese early Shinto myth last week. The opening movement of ground upward is like the King Jimmu descendants from the Heaven by Sun Goddess Amaterasu and creates his earthly Kingdom. The lord of Yamato!

8 hours ago, MeowZu said:

Has this been posted already? Hahaha look at this brat lol whoever ends up with him should definitely attend Mama Hanyu's masterclass on how to deal with Yuzu

0:50 is the bit that kills me, the way he waves the gloves :rofl:

1 hour ago, kaeryth said:

:peekapooh:the Kojiki has the story of that time when Amaterasu went into hiding at Ama no Iwato, right?

2 hours ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

I gotta wonder...does he recycle costume gloves? I mean he's bound to have spare ones lying around. Are the current ones part of his R&J 2.0 ensemble? Soooo curious...

Yuzu has a long history of recycling programs.  Recycling gloves is quite believable.

Just now, ElectricDaisies said:

:offtopic2: but does anyone know what the box (?) that Yuzu always has under his training clothes during practice is? 

I assumed it was related to his asthma, but was that ever confirmed? 

I think that's his music player (?) — I remembered watching a video (of a TV show) on Dailymotion and he showed his music player, it looks boxy — since the trousers has no pockets maybe that's where he puts his music player (???) (...with a holder of sorts :think:)

22 minutes ago, ElectricDaisies said:

:offtopic2: but does anyone know what the box (?) that Yuzu always has under his training clothes during practice is? 

It's most likely a heart monitor and/or pulseoxymeter. It's been discussed before, that most athletes wear heart monitors when exercising and I also threw in the idea of a pulseoxymeter because measuring his oxygen saturation could also be a good idea, with his asthma. But most likely it's just a heart monitor.

So, I was bored and randomly checking wiki pages for several skaters. Guess what I found! The ISU world record for other skaters excluding Zuzu had their historic records and new system records, while for his page, they just put his ACI 2018 score. I wonder why? :14066882:

1 hour ago, Ferrer said:

So, I was bored and randomly checking wiki pages for several skaters. Guess what I found! The ISU world record for other skaters excluding Zuzu had their historic records and new system records, while for his page, they just put his ACI 2018 score. I wonder why? :14066882:

Because anybody can edit a wikipedia and Yuzu fans always want to be up to date? Shoma and Kolyada's wikipedia pages don't provide their new system records in their basic info so I guess nobody bothered to edit it, or the fans of Shoma and Kolyada don't like their new scores and don't want to edit them just yet.

5 hours ago, ElectricDaisies said:

others have already answered but, if you're interested, the previous discussion in this thread starts from this post.

We did quite a bit of research on the subject :biggrin: :gla: