General Yuzuru Chat

4 hours ago, micaelis said:

There's already been a bit of speculation on the topic but I thought I'd focus more intensely on the following question - With this very long interval between AIC and Helsinki what do you think Yuzu hopes to accomplish during these upcoming weeks?

He's gonna get BUFF. :0007: Or start to, anyway. Like last fall. He purposely gained a lot of muscle. He's lost some of it since then, and along with it, some energy reserves. He needs to build his body and his stamina back up to where he was before his injury. Lots of rice and protein, lots of off-ice training.

He's also going to work on his spins, as is the entirety of TCC. :laughing: They all need to readjust to the new spin protocols, which means adjusting the rhythms of their programs. And hopefully, he will work on improving his layback, because if it stays the way it is, I would rather he just ditched it and brought the Biellmann back instead. (Though I think the Biellmann will reappear in Origin anyway, because it's a trademark Plushenko spin.)

2 hours ago, fyere0 said:

He's gonna get BUFF. :0007: Or start to, anyway. Like last fall. He purposely gained a lot of muscle. He's lost some of it since then, and along with it, some energy reserves. He needs to build his body and his stamina back up to where he was before his injury. Lots of rice and protein, lots of off-ice training.

He's also going to work on his spins, as is the entirety of TCC. :laughing: They all need to readjust to the new spin protocols, which means adjusting the rhythms of their programs. And hopefully, he will work on improving his layback, because if it stays the way it is, I would rather he just ditched it and brought the Biellmann back instead. (Though I think the Biellmann will reappear in Origin anyway, because it's a trademark Plushenko spin.)

The image of Yuzu pumping his muscles in the Gym.. Wow I want to see that. I always wanted the documentary production teams in Japan to film his off ice training a bit more. We have alot of on ice training videos, but I've never seen Yuzu on a treadmill, or Yuzu on a cycling machine, or Yuzu just doing sit-ups or lifting weights... I would die to see videos of that. :embSwan::devilYuzu:

5 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

@quadaxelwinBrian's said in previous interviews that he believes in 'good, old-fashioned fitness' as part of a skater's regimen so I've no doubt Yuzu does do all those things.  Probably does a LOT of box jumps and squats to train those legs for 4A takeoff.

When I viewed Zhenya's Instastory, she used to post clips of her on a treadmill and said it was her "finish to the day" routine or something. So maybe Yuzu does do daily running? 

Just now, quadaxelwin said:

When I viewed Zhenya's Instastory, she used to post clips of her on a treadmill and said it was her "finish to the day" routine or something. So maybe Yuzu does do daily running? 

I'm sure they do something. Lambiel's group just posted a photo of them on spinning bikes, didn't they? Skating alone probably doesn't give enough volume of cardio work to get the body's energy systems trained properly for competitions. So they've got to put in the work some other way.

2 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I'm sure they do something. Lambiel's group just posted a photo of them on spinning bikes, didn't they? Skating alone probably doesn't give enough volume of cardio work to get the body's energy systems trained properly for competitions. So they've got to put in the work some other way.

I wished the Japanese Media show Yuzu's off ice training schedule in detail, but then again, maybe he wants to keep it a secret? :darklordyuzu:

Trust Yuzu to pull the most Extra of ‘senpai notice me’ moves (though I’m giggling at how Extra he’s going to be in the GP series...we thought he gave up his life for Seimei but this is him unleashing Full Fanboy and we know from experience how much power we can harness when our fan emotions are harnessed :giggle:

I expect him to be making the programs more complex and getting on top of stamina issues. He’s got quite a bit of time before the first GP, I’m sure he’ll use it wisely. 

Side note: Not sure if appropriate to link here but I have an ACI recap up on my blog now with impressions from the comp and Yuzu http://bit.ly/ACISR. If not allowed, please just enjoy some Yuzu photography from me : P