General Yuzuru Chat

6 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

Even the falls, because you want to encourage them. 

The falls have very distinctive cheering, I noticed.  The whole audience goes "Oh!" with a sympathetic dropping intonation, then claps as the skater gets up. It's really nice, like audible kindness.

Anyway, after all is said and done, Yuzu does say that audience participation gives him energy to compete, so he'd probably find it strange if the crowd was perfectly calm and composed and didn't scream. Performance (and skating is definitely performance) is always about a give-and-take between the performer and the audience. Yuzu's putting his energy out there for our enjoyment...the least we can do is give it back with energy of our own. 

:9:

About recognizing 4A: I rewatched the programs again and figured out where I think he's likely to put it:  at the first gong sound in the Origin music. So if I'm right, Yuzu's  first competition 4A will be announced by a gong. No way we could possibly miss it. :LOL:

The prep time going into his 4T after his 4Loop isnt much, so Im afraid it would be hard for him to change it to a 4Loop if hes going to do a 4A (like his lutz loop layout last season). His prep steps into a 4Loop are quite long and he usually does it at the left corner side of the rink. Hard to imagine a 4A and 4Loop starting layout. 

7 hours ago, dotsquare said:

My biggest fear right now is not being able to tell 4A from 3A. I'll probably mistake his 4A for the World's Highest and Longest 3A :13877886:

I guess I began doubt myself every time when watching his 3A jumps since this season...His 4A-ish-but-not-yet 3A just drives me crazy...

46 minutes ago, holina said:

That’s where I think he will put the 4A too.  He pretty much skates along the entire length of the rink before that jump (the first jump in Origin) and that would be his prep. He just needs to skate faster than in ACI Origin!

Just to point out that BOrser was the one who stated sagely that Hanyu likes to skate fast (I think the quote was "skate fast, and skate loose", re when Hanyu first arrived at TCC). So no problems there, I would think!

45 minutes ago, makebelieveup said:

The prep time going into his 4T after his 4Loop isnt much, so Im afraid it would be hard for him to change it to a 4Loop if hes going to do a 4A (like his lutz loop layout last season). His prep steps into a 4Loop are quite long and he usually does it at the left corner sideeven  of the rink. Hard to imagine a 4A and 4Loop starting layout. 

That's assuming he'd keep the 4Lo at the front of the program. 4A, 4Lo would be ridiculously extra, even for him. By my not-so-educated guess, he'd probably let the 4A stand on its own and /or follow it up with something a little smaller, then move the 4Lo to another part of the program or swap it out entirely. If memory serves, he has a 3Lo in there somewhere too, maybe he could convert it?

Frankly it seems that the challenge with 4A isn't just landing it but making it fit into a program.

18 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I don't know about a quint, but after seeing both programs I feel like Yuzu is trying to make his ultimate program, one that shows off all his abilities together. And then skate it clean. So maybe that's where the 4T3A is coming from.

Praying that he stays healthy all season, because if he does...just imagine what we'll see by the time Worlds roll around!!!:knc_yuzu1:

I'm praying he stays healthy way beyond this season.  If he does, just imagine what we'll see by the time Beijing rolls around!!!

19 時間前, rockstaryuzuさんが言いました:

I don't know about a quint, but after seeing both programs I feel like Yuzu is trying to make his ultimate program, one that shows off all his abilities together. And then skate it clean. So maybe that's where the 4T3A is coming from.

Praying that he stays healthy all season, because if he does...just imagine what we'll see by the time Worlds roll around!!!:knc_yuzu1:

With Origin...who knows? Maybe he's trying to take revenge on never having skated LGC clean and not being able to skate the Hanyu Ultimate Extravaganza® on the Olympic stage all in one go. And Otoñal's like the not-so-calm calm before that storm or something.

19 時間前, makebelieveupさんが言いました:

"Right now Im not fixated on scores anymore"...

meanwhile

Announcer: Yuzuru Hanyu has earned in the free program 165.91...

Yuzu: *laughs* *shakes his head*

Announcer: earning him a total score of 263.65

Yuzu: *laughs hysterically and disgustedly at his own score

Interview

Yuzu: Sorry that I only manage to get around 260 at my first competition again...

Lol. Even if he meant what he said about not caring before, it's kind of out of his hands now. 263 is his current personal best--with an FS tech score that's actually pretty lollable for someone of his caliber--and a guy's gotta keep his reputation. With this, he's somehow managed to land himself in a chasing position. Again. Not that he hadn't already started the season as a chaser, being lower ranking on the world standing now, heh.

18 時間前, ZuCritterさんが言いました:

abord-nessie.jpg

I...really wish I hadn't seen that.

5 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

Actually there was a confirmation from Japanese newspapers (that highlighted it in bright, burning red letters LOL) that he said "くそ!" with a fair amount of stressing of the second syllable

I was always told くそ meant "sh*t", but does it mean something else as well?

I think it's funny that if you draw out and emphasize the  そ (ku-sooooooooooooooooooooo), then it reminds me of when people draw out "shi*t" and it sounds like "sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttttt") .  

I will stop now. 

There's already been a bit of speculation on the topic but I thought I'd focus more intensely on the following question - With this very long interval between AIC and Helsinki what do you think Yuzu hopes to accomplish during these upcoming weeks?

My feeling is that he wants to do stamina training since he said after AIC that he just wasn't up physically to handle his new programs.  The other element, I think, is to work to insert whatever surprise aerial work into his programs and get them so he handles them confidently.  I don't think he was planning on the stamina training but this last weekend was a wakeup call for him on that issue.  The jumps he might debut I've a feeling were the major part of his plans for this long layover from competition.

54 minutes ago, micaelis said:

There's already been a bit of speculation on the topic but I thought I'd focus more intensely on the following question - With this very long interval between AIC and Helsinki what do you think Yuzu hopes to accomplish during these upcoming weeks?

My feeling is that he wants to do stamina training since he said after AIC that he just wasn't up physically to handle his new programs.  The other element, I think, is to work to insert whatever surprise aerial work into his programs and get them so he handles them confidently.  I don't think he was planning on the stamina training but this last weekend was a wakeup call for him on that issue.  The jumps he might debut I've a feeling were the major part of his plans for this long layover from competition.

Yes, time to put those 4 hours of training back on schedule...