General Yuzuru Chat

6 minutes ago, quadaxelwin said:

I was there at 18 Olympics, and the screaming got out of control when Yuzu landed all his jumps in the SP. I've never seen a skating competition where the whole arena screamed during the performance. And this sort of screaming is somehow uncontrollable, because everyone instinctively does it. A bit worried if this sort of screaming during the performance may affect his performance. 

I think the screaming in Pyeongchang could be forgiven as people were basically witnessing a miracle and millions of watchers around the world were probably doing the same thing. At ACI, most of the screaming took place while Yuzu entered the ice or during the applause after the performance, which is reasonable enough. 

1 hour ago, quadaxelwin said:

I had no idea he was jumping flips at ACI? Wow..

About the whole Kuyashii thing:

This is the reason why I think he will go for that 3rd OGM, his personality is very competitive, and I can't imagine him doing 2 seasons with a Quad Axel under his belt and going: That's it. I've accomplished everything there is to do in figure skating personally. 

And also, I don't really trust all his words now. He says stuff to the media that he somehow goes back on. That whole zen attitude and going back to his origin and just enjoying skating without caring too much of WR or winning was shattered in that one sentence "There is no point if I'm not winning" :xD:

I actually thought this time round he will go by his words, but boy I was wrong. How many days did it take for him to say that? :embSwan:

In interviews (the one translated that's linked above) he says he planned 3F in his layout, too. He was doing 3F-2T. He was going for 4S-3T, 4T-3A and 3F-2T as his combos. I suppose it doesn't fit with the integrity of the choreo to do solo 3F and a 3A-lo-3S because that would be higher BV. 

1 minute ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I think the screaming in Pyeongchang could be forgiven as people were basically witnessing a miracle and millions of watchers around the world were probably doing the same thing. At ACI, most of the screaming took place while Yuzu entered the ice or during the applause after the performance, which is reasonable enough. 

Yes! I couldn't hear the music afterwards, I wonder how Yuzu skated to screaming because he did the StSq perfectly during the screams. With no music. 

2 minutes ago, quadaxelwin said:

Yes! I couldn't hear the music afterwards, I wonder how Yuzu skated to screaming because he did the StSq perfectly during the screams. With no music. 

Pretty sure he counts the beats himself, so all he'd need is the opening few bars. He's so spot on to the music every time, he can't be reacting to hearing it because then he'd be a tiny bit behind (sound travels slowly). 

3 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Pretty sure he counts the beats himself, so all he'd need is the opening few bars. He's so spot on to the music every time, he can't be reacting to hearing it because then he'd be a tiny bit behind (sound travels slowly). 

I loved that StSq. But not gonna lie. That StSq was the highlight of the program, and to see it with just screams was a bit surprising. I'm worried that fans will do this again during GPF or Worlds this year. Scream throughout an entire StSq after Yuzu lands all his jumps. I screamed too, instinctively because I was so happy, but like... it was more of a crowd atmosphere thing. The crowd sort of made you think it was okay to scream throughout the whole StSq, when logically, it is a bit off putting. It might make Yuzu more nervous or pressured during the performance, which is worrying. Kudos to Yuzu who kept focused despite of that scream mania though. 

2 minutes ago, quadaxelwin said:

I loved that StSq. But not gonna lie. That StSq was the highlight of the program, and to see it with just screams was a bit surprising. I'm worried that fans will do this again during GPF or Worlds this year. Scream throughout an entire StSq after Yuzu lands all his jumps. I screamed too, instinctively because I was so happy, but like... it was more of a crowd atmosphere thing. The crowd sort of made you think it was okay to scream throughout the whole StSq, when logically, it is a bit off putting. It might make Yuzu more nervous or pressured during the performance, which is worrying. Kudos to Yuzu who kept focused despite of that scream mania though. 

You've also got to figure in the fact that the Olympics are a different beast; everyone's pumped up and excited because of all the other hoopla going on. It's not just a normal figure skating competition. Since I've been to all of one figure skating competition so far, I don't want to make predictions, but if the crowd is mostly like the majority of people who attended ACI (really, the rabid fanyus were a small percentage), the screaming will be at appropriate levels and times.

Although if 4A makes an appearance, all bets are off. That one will raise the roof, I'm sure. 

48 minutes ago, quadaxelwin said:

I was there at 18 Olympics, and the screaming got out of control when Yuzu landed all his jumps in the SP. I've never seen a skating competition where the whole arena screamed during the performance. And this sort of screaming is somehow uncontrollable, because everyone instinctively does it. A bit worried if this sort of screaming during the performance may affect his performance. 

I was there too and I also screamed in elation after all his jumps were landed in the SP and cried/scream during the choreo sequence in the LP. Such happiness can not be bottled. The rest of his performances, you could hear a pin drop except for successful completion of each jumps.

27 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

You've also got to figure in the fact that the Olympics are a different beast; everyone's pumped up and excited because of all the other hoopla going on. It's not just a normal figure skating competition. Since I've been to all of one figure skating competition so far, I don't want to make predictions, but if the crowd is mostly like the majority of people who attended ACI (really, the rabid fanyus were a small percentage), the screaming will be at appropriate levels and times.

Although if 4A makes an appearance, all bets are off. That one will raise the roof, I'm sure. 

True. I've seen Sochi and Vancouver olys, and PC Olys were different. Much more hysteria lol. However, with the rise of Yuzu's popularity, I think Worlds or GPF might be a venue where the crowd indeed "goes wild". I will go wild too if I see Yuzu land a 4A live. I just hope our overlord can keep his focus while the whole arena practically screams their lungs off. 

5 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

I am so thankful fanyus take their time to translate and share. :devilYuzu:

I wish I really knew what Yuzu is thinking. But honestly when he competes in Helsinki will know if he was trolling or not.

Or what really is his status on "winning", we have yet to understand his definition of it. :gla:

11 minutes ago, quadaxelwin said:

True. I've seen Sochi and Vancouver olys, and PC Olys were different. Much more hysteria lol. However, with the rise of Yuzu's popularity, I think Worlds or GPF might be a venue where the crowd indeed "goes wild". I will go wild too if I see Yuzu land a 4A live. I just hope our overlord can keep his focus while the whole arena practically screams their lungs off. 

Imagine if we had 5-6 skaters of each discipline as popular as Yuzu. Figure skating might be the most popular sport in the world, lol. At least, for the number of events there are (not many).

1 hour ago, rockstaryuzu said:

You've also got to figure in the fact that the Olympics are a different beast...

As Kurt Browning said, "They screamed every time he jumped in the warmup, they screamed when he fell in the warmup, they screamed when he blew his nose with a kleenex from his Winnie the Pooh kleenex box" (actually it was a strawberry shortcake, wasn't it?)  :embSwan:

3 minutes ago, TallyT said:

As Kurt Browning said, "They screamed every time he jumped in the warmup, they screamed when he fell in the warmup, they screamed when he blew his nose with a kleenex from his Winnie the Pooh kleenex box" (actually it was a strawberry shortcake, wasn't it?)  :embSwan:

Pooh is back!

1 hour ago, TallyT said:

If he goes to Beijing it would be even worse. If he goes to Beijing, I definitely want to see it live. 

6 hours ago, LadyLou said:

I bet he knows :winky::mischief:

Troll :peek:we all know you said something lolol

3 hours ago, quadaxelwin said:

It's understandable, it's the olympics and really we are all worried because of his injury and he went and deliver something like that :tumblr_inline_mzx8s4JRlX1r8msi5: how can you hold yourself back? I think even for a non-yuzu fan it's glorious enough that they would want to cheer too :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

I was watching at home alone and I screamed so hard my family thinks of disowning me from the family :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:they think me gone loco