General Yuzuru Chat

59 minutes ago, liv said:

sometimes I think, like for a small competition like this one, maybe they shouldn't announce his participation until the last moment... but that would never fly because they want fans to come, they want the revenue etc.. and it's because of fans that they can even do what they do.

The tickets are so cheap and venues so small that all the tickets are bought up even before Yuzu is announced by fans taking a gamble. If ever he skips ACI, the venue will be so empty. :Poohgaveup:

23 minutes ago, Whee1000 said:

Undoubtedly his parents and family are proud of him but maybe also a bit fearful for him -they probably watched HIM like a hawk.  Those stalker stories are unnerving. No wonder celebrities or sports figures go undercover sometimes. 

I remember Miki Ando saying in one interview that she used to disguise in public because of people taking pictures of her. Imagine what it’s like for Yuzu. So scary.

1 hour ago, enno0287 said:

From what I've read on twitter it was fairly easy to know where the skaters are if you just wait. And since the venue was rather small it was even more easier.

Oh, and they said Yuzu finally has a manager (she's the one driving his car).

Oh, he does? It makes sense, I guess. What with the increased attention after the second OGM and putting on CiONTU and all that.

1 hour ago, SparkleSalad said:

The tickets are so cheap and venues so small that all the tickets are bought up even before Yuzu is announced by fans taking a gamble. If ever he skips ACI, the venue will be so empty. :Poohgaveup:

Which would be a shame, because there's lots of other good competitors who go there too.

19 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Oh, I feel for him! Half the audience got up and left as soon as Chadwick's performance started because Yuzu wasn't there anymore. As a mere spectator, I found it rude... I can't imagine how bad it must have felt being on the ice and seeing that.

I don't like the idea of Yuzu fans being more of a cult than an actual FS fan group, but realistically, there's not a whole lot you can do. There are quite a bit of Yuzu fans who are involved only for him, and nothing else. And while we bemoan about it, let's face up to the fact majority of us who do follow FS overall, even we won't follow FS with as much dedication if he stops competing. Personally I might still watch, but going to live competitions might take lower priority than say, normal life obligations. =(

However, there are people who have somewhat converted to being FS fans and also follow other skaters, due to being introduced to FS via Yuzu.

Re: the person who got the video.

I have video of fans mobbing Nathan Chen in Nagano but I wasn't camping out waiting for any skaters, just resting at the station near where they got dropped off, not realising that anyone was expected to arrive. I heard a commotion so I went to see what was happening and I took the video not to get myself a shot of him but of the chaos. Of course, waiting by the entrance/exit at the venue isn't the same but perhaps her reason for being there may have been different from those who chased after him.

3 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

Lol but how did she get this video? Wasn't she there too then.

I think she just wanted to quietly see Yuzu's car get out but the crazy fans even chased after it. So that's the prob.

LMAOO 4CC 2013 was in Jpn. It was even before Sochi, imagine what he had to deal in Jpn for f*cking 5 yrs w exponentially increasing fame.

1 minute ago, Xen said:

I don't like the idea of Yuzu fans being more of a cult than an actual FS fan group, but realistically, there's not a whole lot you can do. There are quite a bit of Yuzu fans who are involved only for him, and nothing else. And while we bemoan about it, let's face up to the fact majority of us who do follow FS overall, even we won't follow FS with as much dedication if he stops competing. Personally I might still watch, but going to live competitions might take lower priority than say, normal life obligations. =(

However, there are people who have somewhat converted to being FS fans and also follow other skaters, due to being introduced to FS via Yuzu.

I belong to those fans who follow figure skating after I saw Yuzu winning Worlds last year.

And it's true that we can't do anything about those fans who are only there for Yuzu for the gorgeous guy that he is.

He's beautiful, there's no way people won't see it.

I just hope those fans realize that Yuzuru would appreciate them if they respect him and the sport more.

5 minutes ago, enno0287 said:

I belong to those fans who follow figure skating after I saw Yuzu winning Worlds last year.

And it's true that we can't do anything about those fans who are only there for Yuzu for the gorgeous guy that he is.

He's beautiful, there's no way people won't see it.

I just hope those fans realize that Yuzuru would appreciate them if they respect him and the sport more.

Well here's the thing, there are plenty of people who follow him for his looks (not necessarily even his skating), and while they are in the small minority (like <1%), due to the size of the fandom, in absolute numbers they are still high. And sadly, they probably don't pay attention to anything on twitter/forums/weibo/instagram etc. So I do wonder if they actually read Yuzu's interviews. IMO, there's a bit of a projection thing going on, a bit of projecting him as an "ideal boyfriend" image, and it just...rolls on from there. But once they get in the fandom longer, they also calm down- it's pretty funny to me that one of the fans I consider a bit more "fanatic" calmed down so much more when she met another fan whom she considered "too fanatical." XD

What I do think is that majority of fans, if they are normal humans, start by liking him, researching more about him as a person, then move to research figure skating as a whole to understand the sport better. So I would say, give it time and then maybe the cult like wave will calm down. At the very least, it will be contained down to <1%. =)

29 minutes ago, Xen said:

wrong post

Following him is bad but taking pictures and videos in private setting (outside of competiton) is also really bad.

Last year when Yuzuru was in Russia someone filmed him while he was getting out of a car together with his mother and Brian (and someone else, i don't remember) and his meeting with his Russian coaches outside of hotel... it was something private. It was even posted on Planet :dry: There are photos online showing him and his mother at the aiport in Toronto. Or even videos on youtube. And people give those videos thumbs up. Even when you don't follow him and meet him by accident, don't take photos/videos of him or at least don't post them online.