General Yuzuru Chat

Just now, rockstaryuzu said:

Oh, God. The poor guy!

But how did anyone stalk him to his hotel, when the competition was held in the same city where he lives full time? I mean, presumably he wouldn't have stayed in a hotel but at home. Is this another one of those 'lost in translation' things? 

she was not talking about ACI for the hotel thing , it already happened that some 'fans' harassed him into his hotels ( and more importantly knowing his rooms ) and elevators too .

Just now, SydneyH said:

she was not talking about ACI for the hotel thing , it already happened that some 'fans' harassed him into his hotels ( and more importantly knowing his rooms ) and elevators too .

Ah, she meant at other competitions. Now I get it.

Well, I had a really weird encounter with a stalker-type chick myself at ACI....not going to go into details, just to say that my conversation with her started out fairly normal and then took a nosedive into her delusions that left me shook, to say the least. She was trying to maneuver me around so that I wouldn't be able to get a glimpse of the Yuzu news conference but she wasn't there in any official capacity herself... very very weird, left a bad taste in my mouth, and as soon as she glommed onto one of the other skaters while he was walking out, I made a break for it and left. And basically hid so she couldn't find me again. I hope, whoever she is, that she gets the mental help she needs...

1 minute ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Ah, she meant at other competitions. Now I get it.

Well, I had a really weird encounter with a stalker-type chick myself at ACI....not going to go into details, just to say that my conversation with her started out fairly normal and then took a nosedive into her delusions that left me shook, to say the least. She was trying to maneuver me around so that I wouldn't be able to get a glimpse of the Yuzu news conference but she wasn't there in any official capacity herself... very very weird, left a bad taste in my mouth, and as soon as she glommed onto one of the other skaters while he was walking out, I made a break for it and left. And basically hid so she couldn't find me again. I hope, whoever she is, that she gets the mental help she needs...

yeah I encounter that type of person during previous competitions too , quite scary , I remember someone being in restricted area she technically couldn't access but well I was like  'don't create a scene girl , as long as she's just creepy and not dangerous it's fine' luckily some time after she was not there anymore and nothing happened . That kind of situations are always quite distressful .

2 minutes ago, SydneyH said:

yeah I encounter that type of person during previous competitions too , quite scary , I remember someone being in restricted area she technically couldn't access but well I was like  'don't create a scene girl , as long as she's just creepy and not dangerous it's fine' luckily some time after she was not there anymore and nothing happened . That kind of situations are always quite distressful .

But why were you in the restricted area? Do you volunteer at competitions or something? I'm just genuinely curious, sorry. 

For myself, all I was hoping for was one last glimpse of Yuzu in the distance as he walked out...pretty harmless...but after my experience I don't think I'll bother trying for that again.

Just now, SydneyH said:

for this one I was with my federation , so that's why . 

Ah. I see. Well, the truth is, I think it's difficult for competition organizers to keep everyone out of the skater areas no matter how hard they try. A lot of times the arenas are still being used by other users at the same time. Like in Oakville, all the community recreation programs were still going on, even with the competition there. 

1 minute ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Ah. I see. Well, the truth is, I think it's difficult for competition organizers to keep everyone out of the skater areas no matter how hard they try. A lot of times the arenas are still being used by other users at the same time. Like in Oakville, all the community recreation programs were still going on, even with the competition there. 

even more in minor competition like this one , everything is smaller and way more difficult to keep in line .

Sorry to go off the tangent a lil on the topic of discussion. Somehow I landed on Yuzu's R&J 1.0 program at Worlds (guess bc of JULIEEETTTT) and gosh he was literally flying across the ice. Yeah he had stamina issue but it didnt bother me and like near the end, it just felt like he was fighting for it and that somewhat played out the character of Romeo. While his scores werent that high back then, it still such a complete program with a high rewatch value (and this is what most Yuzu's programs are known for). Origin reminds me of this program in that it is overflowed with passion/drama/rawness and it requires his body to constantly moving to the music, which was felt during practice. Unfortunately, he didnt deliver it yet at ACI but I'm sure he will find it by Worlds. I can't wait for Origin to peak urghhhhhh 

How do they know that is how he will leave the arena? And how did they know that particular vehicle was his? Who was driving?  I would guess that they'd be better at this cloak/dagger exit/entrance by now. It should not have to be though of, but obviously it's an issue. Poor guy. I remember hearing that Kei Nishikori is only in Japan 3 weeks or so during the year and has to wear disguises in public and change practice times because of the fan attention...sounds something like Yuzu's situation.

sometimes I think, like for a small competition like this one, maybe they shouldn't announce his participation until the last moment... but that would never fly because they want fans to come, they want the revenue etc.. and it's because of fans that they can even do what they do.

37 minutes ago, liv said:

How do they know that is how he will leave the arena? And how did they know that particular vehicle was his? Who was driving?  I would guess that they'd be better at this cloak/dagger exit/entrance by now. It should not have to be though of, but obviously it's an issue. Poor guy. I remember hearing that Kei Nishikori is only in Japan 3 weeks or so during the year and has to wear disguises in public and change practice times because of the fan attention...sounds something like Yuzu's situation.

sometimes I think, like for a small competition like this one, maybe they shouldn't announce his participation until the last moment... but that would never fly because they want fans to come, they want the revenue etc.. and it's because of fans that they can even do what they do.

From what I've read on twitter it was fairly easy to know where the skaters are if you just wait. And since the venue was rather small it was even more easier.

Oh, and they said Yuzu finally has a manager (she's the one driving his car).