General Yuzuru Chat

12 minutes ago, Xen said:

What content were you expecting? 

Yuzuru should be proud of us - we are following his teachings about quality being important. 

13 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

This is what ACI does to the Planet. :tumblr_inline_mto5hwcNlg1qid2nw: 

Honestly my favourites were the bodyguard lifting Yuzu fanarts popping up in a second, and Briand thinking that bleeding Yuzuru was part of the costume in CoC. I just can't, I choke up laughing just thinking about it 

5 hours ago, sophiang said:

He said he never use beauty masks....so maybe secret cream by beauty mama?

*Visions of him walking around his flat with a sheet mask on*

I would suspect, though, that staying out of the sun and being in a moist climate has made a HUGE difference in terms of texture and tone. I live in a dry, sunny climate and the damage is  undeniable. Folks, wear your sunscreen and MOISTURIZE, MOISTURIZE, MOISTURIZE. " Hanyu-ize" your skin!!!!  You will thank yourself later.   

:snpeace:

6 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

Poor Yuzu. I bet he really thought he could hold on to the 'skating only for me and for joy'  thing, but bb I think that was the painkiller high. This is just who he is, he'll just have to embrace it like we do. :D  The trouble with skating only for him is that he really really hates not winning. Or not winning by his standards. 

ETA: Can't wait for Brian's next interview: He's only skating for himself now. What his self wants to do is be the very best, get all the +5s, and win gold. All the gold.

What he wants is a repeat of his 2009/10 season when, according to one commentator, he 'won everything in sight'.  

Is this just me, I felt that the "skating for himself" stuff was put out there to lower expectations for Yuzuru as much as anyone else. Like he did have some fear that he might not recover fully enough to compete at the level needed to win after PC, but that fear is gone now.

When he asked in CiONTU to be allowed to continue just a little bit longer, it felt like he could see the light at the end of the tunnel but still wasn't sure he'd make it out. But he did and it is really like he's been reborn! Kuyashii and all. 

Until/unless he changes the layout of his SP, I still believe that he cares about his own performance more than scores, but they're so tied together... The loooooong pause after that question about jumps in the first half made me laugh, but it's a worthy challenge for him to try winning in a different way, and I think he can do it. Certainly no one else is going to try it!

..I am torn here...I really loved him being zen and not having to win anything, to be able to just pursue his artistic vision..as much as I love his murderface and being in killer— mode...I just looked forward  to going  to Helsinki and being relaxed..:grin:. And now..tension..terror..heartbreak..relief...as we all know it!:xD:. Oh well. If he is in fighting mode, I will have to suffer the tension, then..:hachimaki::pbow::embSwan::xD:.

I am going along with him...😊

16 minutes ago, LadySnowblood said:

Is this just me, I felt that the "skating for himself" stuff was put out there to lower expectations for Yuzuru as much as anyone else. Like he did have some fear that he might not recover fully enough to compete at the level needed to win after PC, but that fear is gone now.

When he asked in CiONTU to be allowed to continue just a little bit longer, it felt like he could see the light at the end of the tunnel but still wasn't sure he'd make it out. But he did and it is really like he's been reborn! Kuyashii and all. 

I also think that at CiONTU he is at an uncertain phase of what to do next after finally achieving what he wanted for a very long time. I am still laughing whenever I remember how short his zen phase last though. :embSwan:

As for his "skating for himself", I have similar opinion that it is to lower expectation for him. Not as excuse for if he did not well in next competitions though, but as forewarning if people give shit about his music choices and such. (which still happened even after the claim. Sigh.)

4 minutes ago, LadySnowblood said:

Until/unless he changes the layout of his SP, I still believe that he cares about his own performance more than scores, but they're so tied together... The loooooong pause after that question about jumps in the first half made me laugh, but it's a worthy challenge for him to try winning in a different way, and I think he can do it. Certainly no one else is going to try it!

I wouldn't put it past him to keep all the jumps in first half, but to me that long pause looked more like trolling, "eh, how can I put this so no one would guess I may change it up later???"

Also, Public Service announcement, for those Fanyus trying to recover from attending ACI, don't expect a sense of 'normalcy' to return soon, if ever!

I've attended a handful of Yuzu competitions (majority have still been silver medal finishes but thanks ACI  18 for increasing the ratio of Golds!), and maybe in my case I've been somewhat over exposed (gods forbid!!), but I still feel a bit like I'm recovering from a concussion. I did go back to work and it appears my major brain functions are still okay. :-)

Really, I went into this season figuring its all gravy, (no way he should still be skating or WANT to) but hoped we'd still see greatness with costumes and music that aren't TOO crazy. I guess the magnificence of what he put out there caught me off guard!!! I knew he could do THAT, but I didn't want to be disappointed. No fear of that!!! I'm so full of joy I'm literally barely able to function

:10742290: