General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, WinForPooh said:

Poor Yuzu. I bet he really thought he could hold on to the 'skating only for me and for joy'  thing, but bb I think that was the painkiller high. This is just who he is, he'll just have to embrace it like we do. :D  The trouble with skating only for him is that he really really hates not winning. Or not winning by his standards. 

ETA: Can't wait for Brian's next interview: He's only skating for himself now. What his self wants to do is be the very best, get all the +5s, and win gold. All the gold.

Oh I don't think Brian was fooled, no coach in TCC who's got brains and some degree of EQ, believed it. Think they were all just humoring him, entertaining his "new chill mindset" and thinking, "Wonder when that flip will switch." 

17 hours ago, Sammie said:

In his Origin costume in this ad. Looking like a villain, trying to take my soul  :20111123175639e73:

so scary :smiley-scared003::tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw::runaway:

So this season we have the noble Ice King and The Dark Lord, I'm lovin' it:10742290:

1 hour ago, kaeryth said:

TCC chaotic energy😂

46 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

ETA: Can't wait for Brian's next interview: He's only skating for himself now. What his self wants to do is be the very best, get all the +5s, and win gold. All the gold.

:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid::tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid::tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

Our hoarding-gold Dragon-Zu has awakened :devilYuzu::muahaha:

Tho I hope zen-Zu will still say Hi! now and then so Yuzuru doesn't get too intense 😅

Does anyone know why Kikuchi wasn't there? Was it because there were 3 TCC coaches already?

Without his warlock powers spins and scores went wild :hexer::laughing:

40 minutes ago, Xen said:

Oh I don't think Brian was fooled, no coach in TCC who's got brains and some degree of EQ, believed it. Think they were all just humoring him, entertaining his "new chill mindset" and thinking, "Wonder when that flip will switch." 

I don't think anybody was fooled either, but Brian gave those interviews all about it. :laughing: I don't blame him, he had no choice, it's not like he could just say 'Mr. Hanyu says he is only skating for his own joy and satisfaction now, and he seems to be under the impression that he can have joy without both skating excellently AND winning. We will see how long that lasts.' :laughing: 

2 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

: Can't wait for Brian's next interview: He's only skating for himself now. What his self wants to do is be the very best, get all the +5s, and win gold. All the gold.

Learning self-awareness is all part of growing up. Our boy is becoming a man...:softYuzu:a ridiculously competitive, impossible athlete of a man. :1:

On another note: I got home from ACI and showed my mother some of the videos I took of Yuzu's practices at ACI. She was instantly intrigued and shocked by his jumps. She wanted to know how he could keep on skating after each jump "because you'd be so dizzy after leaping up and spinning around in the air that fast. You 'd have to take a moment to recover." You should have seen her face when I explained what Nessie is.

Chalk up another Yuzu fan, even if she did pronounce his name 'Yazari Hanaru'. :dpooh:

@Toni watch Yuzu steal Ghislain to be jump coach when he decides to personally take up coaching. >_>

Also, the section where Ghislain is speaking to the VIP-maybe summarize or keep it under spoilers or something? other than it being confidential and personal, there are sadly Yuzuru Antis who also like to browse our forums and take our stuff out of context. I'm speaking as someone who translated an interview with Zhao Hongbo (Chinese Fed head coach) which got lifted and then warped to justify a Yuzu-anti's stance. =( 

23 hours ago, MeowZu said:

So, here's the thing: 

How do you guys do it? Hahaha how do you not feel gutted when Yuzu doesn't perform well or when he gets underscored? Please tell me how because this is my first time of following him religiously and boy was I sad. Lols. Also, does he really score low during the start of the season? 

In my case, it's PTSD after watching last season. That injury nearly finished me. Now I'm just happy he's still on the ice. And gold is gold, kuyashii or not. To me, the most important things about Yuzu's score in any competition is that he scores the highest overall. The rest simply doesn't matter to me. The judges could give him an overall score of 50 points and as long as they give everyone else 49.9 or less, I'll be happy with it.