General Yuzuru Chat

Guys. Guys, grab your tinfoil hats. I've got a new one.

So.

Soooo.

How about, he's having trouble with overrotating his 4T because he's going for - yep - a quint?!

(I'm kidding. I'm not serious. It's a joke. It's just really funny to think 'well with the pre-rotation unavoidable in a toeloop, it's practically just a quarter of a rotation more than Nessie. I need sleep. The Hanyu has broken my brain.)

32 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

So.

Soooo.

How about, he's having trouble with overrotating his 4T because he's going for - yep - a quint?!

(I'm kidding. I'm not serious. It's a joke. It's just really funny to think 'well with the pre-rotation unavoidable in a toeloop, it's practically just a quarter of a rotation more than Nessie. I need sleep. The Hanyu has broken my brain.)

don't be me from last season, when I mentioned that a 4A was just half a rotation more than other quads. For reference, 4T when accounting for PR on the take off and allowance of 90 degrees on landing, is actually around 3.5-3.75 rotations in the air. 4A still has him take off with a bit of PR,  and he could opt to have a bit under perfect for landing, so minus the take off PR, it's actually about 4-4.25 rotations in the air. See where we're going?  

37 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

So.

Soooo.

2 minutes ago, Xen said:

don't be me from last season, when I mentioned that a 4A was just half a rotation more than other quads. For reference, 4T when accounting for PR on the take off and allowance of 90 degrees on landing, is actually around 3.5-3.75 rotations in the air. 4A still has him take off with a bit of PR,  and he could opt to have a bit under perfect for landing, so minus the take off PR, it's actually about 4-4.25 rotations in the air. See where we're going?  

I hate you both so much right now. 

You're as bad as Mr "Its-just-one-more-rotation" Hanyu

Okay, I'm late to the party but congrats to Yuzuru on having two exciting programs that will for sure grow as the season continues! It's already looking beautiful -even with the mistakes and the COSTUMES are utterly gorgeous! I'm completely in love with the colors, sparkles and overall designs of both costumes! :tumblr_inline_mfy936EPNF1qid2nw:

The SP "Otoñal" costume reminds me of Hope&Legacy somehow mixed with Chopin and one of his earlier exhibition program costumes, The Final Time Traveler. His "Origin" costume really reminds me of one of my favorite costumes of his which was the first version of the Phantom of the Opera (the laced, red/black version) and also looks as if the new FS costume is designed as a 'dark version' of his beautiful Notte stellata costume. Seriously amazed with the costume designs this season, wow!! :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw::tumblr_inline_mueoe3Yabh1qdlkyg:

Yuzu has always been hard on himself, no doubt he'll have tons of things he wants to improve on as mentioned in the interviews —however the quality of his performance and the way he captivates the audience with his presence/performance has always been the special part of his skating. 

Q&A after Autumn Classic 2018, 22 September 2018

translated by nanoka12

Q: What were the takeaways from this competition?

A:  What I thought was good about entering this competition is that as expected my feelings of wanting to win have become very strong. After the (PyeongChang) Olympics ended my emotions had relaxed slightly and part of that had remained in me, but this has really lit a fire. From my heart I want to be become even stronger.  

Right now it is such that there is only wanting to win. As I am really full of feelings of frustration and regret. Perhaps that is most like myself. Honestly I want to practice to the extent that I can tell myself that I have worked hard.

Bonus:

Q: If you were to describe yourself as an animal?

A: I think the cat? (laughs)  Willful, follow my own pace, and erm, well as I really do things as I wish, it is also with the meaning that perhaps I need to become more grown up. 

I feel I've been so busy lately that I've been absent too long, so please do excuse me if I'm a tad late or repetitive with my comments. After all, I've been a tad naughty - I almost forgot about Yuzu and ACI this weekend. Emphasis on almost. However, watching the YT clips, I had three thoughts: damn I love the music, screw the ACI silver curse, and damn was Brian right about the first pancake not being well done. Now I can't wait to see the sugar added, the fire adjusted, et cetera, et cetera.

And on the positive side, I do think that my forgetfulness and absenteeism helped to prevent my nerves from being as frayed as some of the satellites...

PS: is this the first time Yuzu has done layback spins in his competitive programs? He did a few of them in the FaoIs earlier, I know...

6 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

giphy.gif

(true trouble is that his brain probably does work in the - it's just one more rotation - way)

(I shall now go hide in a corner)