General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, Erin said:

I don't understand. :59227c768286a__s: 

First were the comments of some Japanese people on the street, saying things like "He feels like a dad!" (probably referred to the Shogi player), "He is a treasure", "He is a prince!" (probably referred to Yuzu lol), and then they presented both Yuzu and the Shogi player, whom both received the Honorary People's Award and went to the Imperial Banquet. But mostly they are interested by the fact that they share the same Kanji in the surname, only, they are read differently. The Shogi player's surname is pronounced 'Habu' (which is the more common reading), while Yuzuru's surname is read as you already know c: And the recorded woman's voice was like "There's a problem: how should we read these kanji??" 

Seriously, this season feels weird to me.. Last season, I was so focused every competition,  tes, pcs,  bv,  consistency, SB, PB etc..

But this season, I feel some emotional distance about competition. maybe too long time since serious competition and post Olympic emptiness.

the biggest difference is maybe yuzu's attitude about competition. Still, I have really unfamiliar feeling that he rarely show his eagerness to win. ("絶対勝ちたい") of course, word record, too.

I always have thought his willing to win a.k.a competitive spirit is his biggest weapon. At the same time, I totally understand his feeling. though.

others (chen, uno, boyang and other young guns to 2020 Olys game) are new start stance for another 4 years. they experiment  their ability in new scoring system . And they will have to upgrade their technical bv (more various quads, success rate)+ pcs.

but yuzuru... his motivation 4A and his tribute to his idol skaters.  Through various interviews, I think yuzu knows this skating world much like no one else. Maybe he predicts young skaters will surpass him with high bv . If not, he realize he always can't win..umm I don't know . maybe too many thinks.  I really hope his calm mind set leads good performances and no -regret season for fanyu. I always think  "You have to accept that you can't have everything."  myself.  Anyway can't wait for ACI! I 'm curious about his sp which was revealed 5 seconds...

I almost imagine first pancake though:acceptable:

5 hours ago, kiches said:

Honestly I was :judgmental: by that comment from

Orser. I think it came some time after Boston but if you look at Javi’s track record, he doesn’t seem to have a great record of competing very well/evenly (Boston being the exception, and perhaps the 2017 Worlds SP - but we all know how that ended). I do think Yuzu was pretty intense this last quad as he threw everything into winning that 2nd OGM. I also hope he’s been released from that burden now and can skate without any sense of desperation. 

My interpretation of that comment was that Javi skates more often closer to his best level at competitions than Yuzu because Yuzu gets too intense/nervous/etc. I think that Yuzu's and Javi's practise best is quite far apart from each other and Javi always seemed to know that. Brian sees their practises and knows exactly how well they can skate if they keep their head together and maybe Yuzu doesn't skate as well as he could as often as Javi does. Maybe Javi has a quite a lot of "interesting" run throughs in practises. I have a feeling that Yuzu's best and worst practise run throughs are quite close to each other, at least at the end of the season and Javi migh have had a bigger gap between his. 99% of the times you don't have your most flawless skate at competitions and the skate you have falls right in the middle of your best and worst practise(unless you completely bomb) so you want to close that gap as small as possible and raise the bar for your best. I love to watch the last couple weeks of practises before worlds even more than the actual competitions because the level of skating is just so good and I would just love to be a fly in the ceiling of TCC.

It seems I missed the discussion about what plushies to throw where and sewing (giant) Nessies on the exact day I was working on the costume for my LGC Pooh :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

I am also now tempted to try to sew sakura plushies, nevermind that I wouldn't have the space to bring them to Helsinki.

The Lord of The Rink idea is A+, can we make that happen as a banner?