General Yuzuru Chat

Personally, I don't really care if he never has a 4CC gold under his belt. He has achieved so much in his career already and I think it's pretty obvious by now that he's the undisputed #1, so I hope that if he goes to 4CC he does it for himself and without any pressure, and that he prioritizes his health above everything else!

5 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

We'll see more of the Cherry Blossom Fairy this season!

That's the same source as before. The text says "New exhibition number", while the voice-over says "New show number". So depending on what they mean, it could be or it could not be. It's not any new clip confirming the information, nor does Yuzu say that it's his ex for next season.

Personally, I believe it will be, as it fits in very well with the other programs, but I just want to point out this isn't the confirmation it appears to be, it's not that clear, just in case it's not, so people won't be too disappointed ^_^

2 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

That's the same source as before. The text says "New exhibition number", while the voice-over says "New show number". So depending on what they mean, it could be or it could not be. It's not any new clip confirming the information, nor does Yuzu say that it's his ex for next season.

Personally, I believe it will be, as it fits in very well with the other programs, but I just want to point out this isn't the confirmation it appears to be, it's not that clear, just in case it's not, so people won't be too disappointed ^_^

Yes, it's the same tweet from June so it's nothing new, it's better to wait and see at this point. But personally I also believe it could be his next EX for the season, especially Worlds being in Japan and also because it's a gorgeous program, it could be a perfect EX (and as you said it would fit really well with Otonal and Origin!) :tumblr_inline_nhkf0oKdhx1qid2nw:

8 hours ago, quadaxelwin said:

Well the Japanese media certainly loves 

orimpiku "Ni Nen Pa"

or GPF "Yon Nen Pa"

It's just another achievement title. Consecutive titles are hard to achieve likewise too.

I remember Japanese commentary always emphasizing it was Yuzu's "Yon nen pa" when he won GPF in 2016. 

They emphasize it more than any other media in my opinion :xD:

Passing by with a tiny Japanese lesson because I'm a nerd and I love how much sense this word makes. It's "ren pa" with the kanji 連覇. The 連"ren" is the same kanji for the word 連絡 "renraku" - to communicate/get in contact, and the same kanji as in the word 連れていく"tsureteiku" - to take along. "ren" means something like "take along/connect/join," and the "pa" is like "supremacy/champion" so you can think of "renpa" like supremacy being strung/brought together -- or more concisely: connected champion, AKA consecutive champion. So "nirenpa" = two wins back-to-back, "yonrenpa" = fourpeat champion. :tumblr_inline_nhkf04zUM41qid2nw:

8 hours ago, Anki said:

Olympic gold is worth about 4 Worlds gold just by regularity and the extra amount of pressure skaters have to endure 

14 hours ago, monchan said:

Depends of lvl of skaters each period. European Men are not strong these days, it's basically Javi w friends. It's another story w ladies thou, true bloodbath of Russian ladies. Still, it's a very important (must-attend) event for all European skaters for its historic prestige.

GPF is ALWAYS a highly competitive event (even if some top skaters withdraw etc, the comp is still super intense). While ECC or 4CC are just local events with competitiveness depending on local skaters' lvl, GPF most of the times picks out the hottest skaters atm (thru preliminary round aka the GPs).

I agree but in world standings og and wc are same while 4cc/ecc has higher point than gpf:/

13 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

I've been singing that damned baby shark song in my head but like...

Yuzu-ru ru ru rurururu

Yuzu-ru ru ru rurururu

Yuzu-ru ru ru rurururu

YU ZU RU

:13877886:

Why are you doing this to me now i cant stopㅜㅜ

8 hours ago, quadaxelwin said:

How I see Yuzu, he doesn't seem to hunger for the 2022 Beijing Olympic Gold as much as he hungered for PC OGM. He never speaks about it openly, and I don't think he has secretly set his mind on it just yet.

I think its because him being a logical person. I mean 2times ogm is possible (impossible for most but well he has his own standards) so he wanted it. But 3 time is a bit... I’m not saying he cant, actually i think he can, but his approach to that is more cautious since there are many other factors like his physical contition by then etc

46 minutes ago, lazuliblade said:

Passing by with a tiny Japanese lesson because I'm a nerd and I love how much sense this word makes. It's "ren pa" with the kanji 連覇. The 連"ren" is the same kanji for the word 連絡 "renraku" - to communicate/get in contact, and the same kanji as in the word 連れていく"tsureteiku" - to take along. "ren" means something like "take along/connect/join," and the "pa" is like "supremacy/champion" so you can think of "renpa" like supremacy being strung/brought together -- or more concisely: connected champion, AKA consecutive champion. So "nirenpa" = two wins back-to-back, "yonrenpa" = fourpeat champion. :tumblr_inline_nhkf04zUM41qid2nw:

Thank you:7938863: i was wondering that so it was helpful

Also jack with “beautiful and worth watching” this time:D

7 hours ago, monchan said:

I dont care 4cc anymore at this point, oly is far off, and nats is given (i dont want to imagine how kuyashii he is if lost in Nats, like super pissed? There goes his domestic reputation, which is kinda a shame for a jpn. Losing is unlikely thou). I just keep my sole focus on worlds and gpf. 

Nationals is not a given... 

7 hours ago, monchan said:

Nats title is always piece of cake for yuzu even when he didnt do well so its not necessarily important for his competitive spirit. Its important for him as a Japanese thou, considering his love for his country and after all, normal Jpn might not know wth is grand prix or 4cc. 

Ofc as pro athletes, worlds, 4cc, gpf are where to get true recognition in the field and he has to pay good effort to get result. Worlds and oly are important to him both as an athlete and a Jpn. 

I dont care 4cc anymore at this point, oly is far off, and nats is given (i dont want to imagine how kuyashii he is if lost in Nats, like super pissed? There goes his domestic reputation, which is kinda a shame for a jpn. Losing is unlikely thou). I just keep my sole focus on worlds and gpf. 

I don't think nationals is going to be easy at all this time, for several reasons.

1) It happens to be a showdown between the reigning OGM and OSM. Yuzu used to bomb and still win nationals with a large margin, but that was before. The last nats he went to was in 2015, and by now his competition, namely Shoma, has grown a lot. 

2) Nats is shortly after GPF, in the middle of the season, a time when Yuzu is usually tired and very prone to injury & illness. 

3) Figure skating always has something to do with politics, be it scoring, pressure, perception or consequences. And with an domestic competition it's domestic politics. Shoma has Nagoya, the biggest figure skating powerhouse in Japan, behind his back, while Yuzu doesn't. (Ofc he himself is a larger skating power than the rest of Japan combined lol, but not politically.) 

4) Traditionally Japanese skaters take nationals very seriously. Many have said that there's this very special crushing pressure associated with nats that even outweighs worlds.

5) The JPN media is going to hype so much. I don't even want to imagine if Yuzu loses what some of them will say.

So I think I'm going to be nervous to death when this years nationals come close.  :tumblr_inline_mh8pweVDqw1qid2nw: :59227c768286a__s: :59227c768286a__s: :59227c768286a__s:

Hace 1 hora, KatjaThera said:

:4:I thought they showed now an extended version where they confirmed it or something like that... I want so bad HYK to be his ex this season:sorrow:

27 minutes ago, Danibellerika said:

Nationals is not a given... 

Yes? But isn't it the easiest one for him, no? The Jpn Nats has the tendency of 'senior comes first', and give scores that don't make sense lol, I know they like Shoma a lot but I don't see he'll overtake Yuzu soon. Not when his 2nd OGM is still fresh.

20 minutes ago, PomeloPooh said:

I don't think nationals is going to be easy at all this time, for several reasons.

1) It happens to be a showdown between the reigning OGM and OSM. Yuzu used to bomb and still win nationals with a large margin, but that was before. The last nats he went to was in 2015, and by now his competition, namely Shoma, has grown a lot. 

2) Nats is shortly after GPF, in the middle of the season, a time when Yuzu is usually tired and very prone to injury & illness. 

3) Figure skating always has something to do with politics, be it scoring, pressure, perception or consequences. And with an domestic competition it's domestic politics. Shoma has Nagoya, the biggest figure skating powerhouse in Japan, behind his back, while Yuzu doesn't. (Ofc he himself is a larger skating power than the rest of Japan combined lol, but not politically.) 

4) Traditionally Japanese skaters take nationals very seriously. Many have said that there's this very special crushing pressure associated with nats that even outweighs worlds.

5) The JPN media is going to hype so much. I don't even want to imagine if Yuzu loses what some of them will say.

So I think I'm going to be nervous to death when this years nationals come close.  :tumblr_inline_mh8pweVDqw1qid2nw: :59227c768286a__s: :59227c768286a__s: :59227c768286a__s:

There is one more thing - Dai's fans. Yuzu will have more PCS than Dai - it will be ugly. Less PCS - they will repeat about it to the end of their days. Literally the same PCS - again, riots.

I only hope both Dai and Yuzu will never see this :tumblr_inline_mzx91uuLRI1r8msi5: