General Yuzuru Chat

5 minutes ago, Xen said:

I think he's waiting for stamina to adjust to the new system. But for now, I think it's safer for stamina and all if he goes with a 4 quad layout for now. (yep, just wait for him to prove me wrong *sigh*). This is why my hypothetical layout for him with a 4A only has 4 quads-matches with his jump rhythms and lighter on the stamina.

Do you think he will ever attempt more than 4 quads? He might aspire to it but certainly this season he will go slow because of rehabilitation. He has more difficulties than the average skater to stay healthy... he has to protect his body a bit more. 

5 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Do you think he will ever attempt more than 4 quads? He might aspire to it but certainly this season he will go slow because of rehabilitation. He has more difficulties than the average skater to stay healthy... he has to protect his body a bit more. 

To be fair to him, with the new rules and the stamina requirements, I'm not sure who would actually manage to land more than 4 quads cleanly in a LP, especially if they also want to take advantage of the second half bonus and such (that would mean 1 quad is in the second half). If we consider the amount of transitions Yuzu is adding in, and geesh, hydroblading as a mere transition, it's a bit crazy to try it this season.

I do think at some point he'd want at least 5 quad types in his SP and LP combined, because I don't think he'd want to really give up the 4Lz. And who knows about his 4F (! maybe).  But it seems from the clips, the boy's been on a steady rehab diet of edge jumps. Not only is that 3Lo gorgeous, I think his 4S looks even bigger than last season. =/

Lol maybe once he's gotten nesside (either this season or next) he might actually consider 4F just so he'll be the first person to truly have ALL the quads! (and honestly for him a 4F might be harder than a 4A lol)

2 minutes ago, Xen said:

To be fair to him, with the new rules and the stamina requirements, I'm not sure who would actually manage to land more than 4 quads cleanly in a LP, especially if they also want to take advantage of the second half bonus and such (that would mean 1 quad is in the second half). If we consider the amount of transitions Yuzu is adding in, and geesh, hydroblading as a mere transition, it's a bit crazy to try it this season.

I do think at some point he'd want at least 5 quad types in his SP and LP combined, because I don't think he'd want to really give up the 4Lz. And who knows about his 4F (! maybe).  But it seems from the clips, the boy's been on a steady rehab diet of edge jumps. Not only is that 3Lo gorgeous, I think his 4S looks even bigger than last season. =/

But he did say he felt uncomfortable jumping flips and lutzs. Not pain, but still uncomfortable. I think he needs much more time to properly heal before he can attempt quad lutz again. 

1 minute ago, quadaxelwin said:

But he did say he felt uncomfortable jumping flips and lutzs. Not pain, but still uncomfortable. I think he needs much more time to properly heal before he can attempt quad lutz again. 

my guess is next season. This season for Nessie, next season (if god willing his ankle holds) get back lady lutz. 

1 minute ago, quadaxelwin said:

yes, he did, and it's fine for him to not try it this season if he doesn't want to. If he's in it for the long haul, it's best to let that side properly heal up before he goes for quad versions of either. The picking would be insane on the 4lz since he's got such a deep LBO edge. If he wants a 4F, a proper one without ! or e calls, and steps, he might need more stamina than a 4Lz (maybe even 4A for him) even.

1 minute ago, OonsieHui said:

my guess is next season. This season for Nessie, next season (if god willing his ankle holds) get back lady lutz. 

My God.. his ankles... We really need him to take a vacation in the Dead Sea or something, anywhere in the world, saunas, hot pools, you name it, to rest his ankle between this season and the next :embSwan:

6 minutes ago, IULIANA said:

https://www.ifsmagazine.com/hanyu-skating-for-himself-this-season/

Maybe it has been posted, but here it is, bc it contains a little clarification about Yuzuru s intention to put the 4A  as the first jump in his free.

:13877886:

So my guess of his layout plans for worlds might be correct? *mutters*

Spoiler

4A-4T-3Lo-4S-4T3T-3A1Lo3S-3A2T

Well if he does this, either the 4Lo will be replacing the 3Lo, or my safer guess is that it goes into the SP. Oh...so that's why no clips yet of a full SP layout run through.

Edit: just realized worlds 2019 is right around my birthday. Well, I never thought I'd be anticipating a potential heart attack and hair-loss as a birthday gift, but hey, what did I know. Strangely I look forward to it too. :13877886:

Wait a second. I remember when Yuzu first won his 2nd OGM, Japanese reporters would flock to him and ask "Are you planning to compete in Beijing olympics?" And Yuzu avoided the question like the plague.

And said he had no intention just now.

But then in the Press conference, he said if he goes to Beijing, he will go to win. And I remember Fanyus laughing at how this guy's Zen attitude doesn't last long lol.

I know Beijing is ages away, but if he were to really go, I do hope he goes without being pressured to go. I know Team Japan has Shoma as the next Japan No.1 Male Skater in the line up, but their obsession with Hanyu to get a 3rd OGM is very evident. (They never stop asking him, given the chance to). 

Well, it will be more than legendary if he goes and managed to win the third gold. Media asked it because he will still be young enough to be a three-peat at 27 y.o.

However, since he said himself that if he going there he will want to win and not just to sing his swan song, his physical condition will be the deciding factor. That is why he doesn't give a certain answer. 

As for Shoma... I am rather sceptical that he will be as strong a competitor like Hanyu (no hate here, just trying to be objective). He is currently depended on the judges' mercy with his jumps problems being overlooked. Whenever ISU finds another golden boy, he will be dropped like a hot stone. I believe he himself is aware of this, hence his summer jump training camp. Kudos to him, and I hope he managed to correct his technique. 

1 hour ago, quadaxelwin said:

I wonder. There are 3 months to GPF. He might start to train Lutz and Flip again by then, or maybe even by November. Being optimistic, his conditions should improve month by month. If they don't improve and he still feels uncomfortable... it's bad news, it would mean that it's kind of permanent. I'm sure Yuzuru's doing everything to avoid that possibility. Of course, his skating is still the best and perfect without those two jumps. But I think he would feel very frustrated and limited in his expressive freedom, and I share the feeling. When you can do something and then you can't do it anymore, it's all kinds of kuyashii. I'm sure he's resisting the temptation to go back to train Lutz and Flip every day with the utmost effort. It's probably very hard. 

On 9/3/2018 at 2:33 AM, vanadiezz said:

Well, it will be more than legendary if he goes and managed to win the third gold. Media asked it because he will still be young enough to be a three-peat at 27 y.o.

However, since he said himself that if he going there he will want to win and not just to sing his swan song, his physical condition will be the deciding factor. That is why he doesn't give a certain answer. 

As for Shoma... I am rather sceptical that he will be as strong a competitor like Hanyu (no hate here, just trying to be objective). He is currently depended on the judges' mercy with his jumps problems being overlooked. Whenever ISU finds another golden boy, he will be dropped like a hot stone. I believe he himself is aware of this, hence his summer jump training camp. Kudos to him, and I hope he managed to correct his technique. 

Ofc w his competitive spirit yuzu would go for the top of the podium. Going Oly is such an exhausting journey theres no way he would make it little like only a goodbye stage or so. 

[admin edit: speculation]

On 9/3/2018 at 4:02 AM, monchan said:

[admin edit: speculation] 

I'm confused by a few things with this because:

1) How is it that JSF considers Shoma Japans ace when Yuzu is the one consistently delivering the big wins? Is it more of that Japan politics cause of the region thing?

2) Where was/is this political backing/favour for Yuzu? (if we take it as JSF is now backing Shoma since they consider him the one to take over from Yuzu.) Yuzu has never been shown favour in terms of overscoring (except for COC 14' but thats an entirely different matter), quite the opposite really. he's consistently underscored. 

Yuzu is still Japan's ace. The way I see it, it is not all about JSF politics. ISU needs to boost some people to keep Yuzu from dominating the field. Shoma is one of the logical choice since he is artistic enough to satisfy some fans, especially those who do not like Yuzu. But the situation may change since US now has strong competitor too.

Also, even though Shoma has strong political backup from his fed, but in terms of coach I think Brian has much stronger influence.