General Yuzuru Chat

18 minutes ago, Paskud said:

After 4a is 5t and 5s. And another "little things" to polish.

And there is totally new challenge - 4min FP. There can be situation where he will have (or already has) 4a but can't put it in program too easily because it's even harder than before.

I seriously doubt he will attempt quintuples, because his ankles are not good enough to attempt flips and lutzs yet. I think he might venture his goals towards various modes of artistic expression instead! Like trying new music genres and choreo and so forth. 

27 minutes ago, quadaxelwin said:

I seriously doubt he will attempt quintuples, because his ankles are not good enough to attempt flips and lutzs yet. I think he might venture his goals towards various modes of artistic expression instead! Like trying new music genres and choreo and so forth. 

You know, I don't believe he won't revive lady 4lz somewhere in future.

9 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

That might be harder than landing quint because he can't swim :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

He can always learn how to! I heard swimming is good for ankle sprain rehabs. Wonder why he hasn't tried it before? lol. I know there is a swimming pool in TCC, but I bet Yuzu never used it. I'm sure once he learns, he will excel at it. The boy has superior athletic nerves and muscles. 

8 hours ago, ruruzest said:

this sounds really great even for tech-challenged fan like me!!!

:knc_brian2: 

...It sounds like he obtained some of that needed 17 cm in height and 1 extra meter in distance.

I'm shaken and stirred.

Edit: I'm at work and my brain is playing the videos of his LP and Sp clips. Without the benefit of youtube open. Heeeellppp.....

46 minutes ago, quadaxelwin said:

He can always learn how to! I heard swimming is good for ankle sprain rehabs. Wonder why he hasn't tried it before? lol. I know there is a swimming pool in TCC, but I bet Yuzu never used it. I'm sure once he learns, he will excel at it. The boy has superior athletic nerves and muscles. 

I think it's more that he can't swim, because of very low body fat. But not sure...

3 minutes ago, quadaxelwin said:

So he won't float in water because his body fat is too low?

Probably, yes. And he'd probably have to work much harder to stay afloat, which combined with his asthma, might not be a good idea. But I'm really not sure. We just kind of concluded it was so ^_^; His body fat is around 3-7%, depending when in the year it is, it seems.

4 hours ago, quadaxelwin said:

I'm sort of surprised and yet sad that Yuzu is attempting Quad Axel this season. I thought he would take at least 2 seasons before he planned to put it into his programs. I fear that this may mean Yuzu is planning retirement soon... Because his only goal and motivation was 4A, not Beijing 2022 OGM. I really want him to go to Beijing, but if he doesn't want to, we can't ask for more. He is already a 2 time Olympic Champion after all. 

he's said he wants to get a +5 on his 4A

we.......still have a 2 season minimum. We'll see after that. Hopefully, this season is really fun and inspiring for him :P

3 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

Probably, yes. And he'd probably have to work much harder to stay afloat, which combined with his asthma, might not be a good idea. But I'm really not sure. We just kind of concluded it was so ^_^; His body fat is around 3-7%, depending when in the year it is, it seems.

I think if there was a ranking on who was the athlete in the world with the lowest body fat, Hanyu would rank in the Top 3 at least... I've never seen an athlete so slim in my life. Except Anna Scherbakova, but then again she is Jr... 

42 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

Nahh it won’t be a problem its even better actually (its a sport afterall, strong muscles are better) once he start moving he can swim easily if he wants to

5 часов назад, Paskud сказал:

And there is totally new challenge - 4min FP. There can be situation where he will have (or already has) 4a but can't put it in program too easily because it's even harder than before.

Yuzu's FP 4 min and SP too will be hard even without 4A this season cuz they're so packed that every mistake can throw him off rhythm and music like Prince SP. But I'm sure Yuzu knows what he's doing so can't wait for ACI :68556365:

2 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

He could probably do it pretty easily in the sea, since staying afloat in salt water (especially if the salinity is high) takes next to no effort.

1 minute ago, Lunna said:

Yuzu's FP 4 min and SP too will be hard even without 4A this season cuz they're so packed that every mistake can throw him off rhythm and music like Prince SP. But I'm sure Yuzu knows what he's doing so can't wait for ACI :68556365:

I think he's waiting for stamina to adjust to the new system. But for now, I think it's safer for stamina and all if he goes with a 4 quad layout for now. (yep, just wait for him to prove me wrong *sigh*). This is why my hypothetical layout for him with a 4A only has 4 quads-matches with his jump rhythms and lighter on the stamina.

Watching the LP clip again, I used to love that out-of-nowhere 3F. Now it's an out-of-nowhere 3Lo and I'm in love with it, it might be replacing the 3F in my heart. >_< How can people make a 3Lo look so effortless? He finishes the rotations so much before he lands it's ridiculous.