General Yuzuru Chat

12 minutes ago, Xen said:

True....but if you had to, would you rather Yuzu interpret Carmen, or Yuzu interpret Rooooxaaaannneee

Personally, I'm a bit biased, because I absolutely love Tessa & Scott's Tango de Roxanne... (and also, as a newer fan, I haven't had the chance to get that sick of warhorses)

Yuzu is not gonna do Roxanne or Carmen. I don't see him doing a warhorse in this stage of his career ... maybe only if it's something that he really desires and then I'm okay with any of his choices ... Yuzu is gonna do something different, amazing and is gonna surprise us all! This is what I believe! :tumblr_inline_n0o1fhfhFY1qid2nw:

If I have to choose between Carmen and Roxane .... sigh .... I don't want to. lol

17 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

try www.wanikani.com. I'm using it to learn kanji and it's pretty fun.

As for Yuzu's 2018 programs...honestly I'm feeling a surprise vibe. I think we're going to see something 100% new and fresh from him this time. 

I bought a wanikani lifetime subscription around new years, but I'm about 1000 kanji in already from other sources and wanikani starts you from scratch, so it's very hard to be motivated with it. And some of the radicals are different than what I've been associating them with so I don't really care for that adjustment.  Yeah review is good but that's time I can spend learning the other 1000+ kanji I don't know.  

17 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

There was an interview he gave (in 2015 or 2016, maybe?) to a Japanese interviewer (my memory is suggesting it was for Kenji's Room, but I"m not sure) where the interviewer asks him, in English, "How's your English?" and Yuzu replies in Japanese that it's 'questionable'. He's also on the record (in one of the P&G commercials I think) as saying that he  finds it a relief to speak Japanese with his mom when they're at home in Toronto because being surrounded by English all the time is a strain. I'm pretty sure that no matter how much he's improved, he finds English a constant challenge. 

I can relate. Even though Canadians are officially supposed to be bilingual and I understand French well enough to watch TV in the language, if I spend too much time ( more than a couple days) in a purely French environment, my brain gets tired and it makes me really cranky. 

You know, when I was in Korea for the Olys and had to pretty much rely on my friend for everything, I found it a bit stressful myself. I don't like not understanding what I'm hearing around me.  But when I went to Japan in between for a couple of days, when I got there it was actually a bit comforting.  No, I'm not fluent in Japanese but I understand a whooole lot more than Korean and I can speak it at an intermediate level so I can say what I need to say to be understood. And just the other day my coworker took me to birthday lunch and there was a large group of Japanese people next to us (the World Bank is nearby and Mitsubishi is in my building).  I couldn't hear exactly what they were saying, but hearing the Japanese sort of triggered me to want to initially speak in Japanese, so I was actually fighting a bit to speak in English.  

And also, speaking of learning Japanese, my teacher totally rocks! She just got back from Japan and gave me this:

Does she know me well or does she know me well? 

Not to switch topics, but ACI's schedule has been released!  There are no juniors so it's a much shorter competition. I'm pleased!  :68556365:

1 hour ago, asiacheetah said:

Does it say if all post office will sell it or only certain locations?

It says "post offices all over the country & the post service's online shop."

I looked at the post service's press release on this, and it says "post offices throughout the country (except for some simply equipped small post offices)." So I think you'll be fine if you go to a big, easy-to-find post office. Or just order online.

Yuzu speaking English in interviews is hard for me to watch. I can relate to his struggle trying to say what he wants to but can't find equivalent words in English or suitable/familiar phrases. And when I see that, I can't help but feeling his kuyashii feeling. When he speaks in Japanese, he is so articulate and well spoken yet in English he struggles so much. I think he can communicate with coaches and people at TCC better because it is after all, what they talk about is something he knows very well aka figure skating. Things they talk about is pretty much routinely discussed matter as well. But at interviews, journos ask him questions that require more of his thoughts and that is hard for him because he has to think that in Japanese first then try to put it into English. Being perfectionist as he is, I can imagine his thoughts going through like 100 miles per hour trying to cover everything and end up over-thinking for how to say it. If someone just tell him to answer questions in more like set format without too much thinking, it'd be much easier but somehow I don't think Yuzu would settle for that. He cannot help being an 'extra' in whatever he does. Bless him...:animated-smileys-angels-151:

5 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

Yuzu is not gonna do Roxanne or Carmen. I don't see him doing a warhorse in this stage of his career ... maybe only if it's something that he really desires and then I'm okay with any of his choices ... Yuzu is gonna do something different, amazing and is gonna surprise us all! This is what I believe! :tumblr_inline_n0o1fhfhFY1qid2nw:

If I have to choose between Carmen and Roxane .... sigh .... I don't want to. lol

I'm with you on that, but if I were forced to choose, I'd rather see him do Roxanne. IMO it suits his fire and energy better than Carmen does.

But I really feel like warhorses are beneath him at this point in the game...