General Yuzuru Chat

6 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

It's been awhile since I played with fire so I'm just going to spread this here. It's probably complete bogus but I'll take anything right now to stop myself from going crazy for a couple of days. :dpooh:

Wednesday is already practice day at JGP Slovakia with Gogolev competing there, so if Brian will be with him then I think there won't be media day in Toronto this week. 

12 hours ago, Xen said:

Due to the overflow of content earlier in the off-season, prisoners in captivity (aka fans) were getting used to more information, so the sudden silence from the batcave is decidedly hard to get used to. Really though, older ones should be used to this by now-they've been through what, 4-6 off-seasons of cricket chirps. But sadly, this off-season they're like newbies-moaning and begging for news all the time. And with the chorus of newbies, it seems everyone is slightly going nuts. Note, I really shouldn't say anything since I'm one of the older fans, but even my brain is slightly going anxious and cuckoo.

This is only my second off-season but I can sympathize with the veterans here.  It's almost like a kid waiting for Christmas.  The thing it seems to me that makes this off-season what it is is that in earlier off-seasons there wasn't the concern about injuries and physical well-being.  From what people have said the primary wait then was for the new music and programs.  It's the not-knowing how good his recovery is that is the undertone to all the anguish people have been experiencing.  My feeling is that the question of his recovery will not be answered until ACI and perhaps even then he might dumb down the program and only skate full-out in Helsinki and Moscow and beyond.  We learned from last season that Yuzu is ready to keep silent in order to keep his opponents guessing as long as possible.  It worked exceedingly well then and I wouldn't be surprised if it is that strategy being repeated here for precisely the same reasons.  So I guess everyone will just have to bear with the silence and let Yuzu call the shots (as he usually does anyway).  Nobody said that being a Yuzu fan is easy.  Get used to it.

37 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

I'm beginning to wonder if there will be a media day this season ... :smiley-sad016::smiley-sad030::smiley-sad058:

I think it's either the last days of August/first week of September or no media day in Toronto, but we'll see... I feel more resigned these past few days, the first two weeks of August were a lot worse somehow. After all, ACI is just a month away, I hope time will pass faster until then :) 

52 minutes ago, micaelis said:

The thing it seems to me that makes this off-season what it is is that in earlier off-seasons there wasn't the concern about injuries and physical well-being. 

Luckily I wasn't around then but from what I understand this off-season is luxury compared to the 2016 off-season. :laughing:

C'mon, even compared to the drought and the uncertainty and worry between NHK and Olys this is just rainbows and unicorns. I'm super chill.

1 hour ago, sallycinnamon said:

Wednesday is already practice day at JGP Slovakia with Gogolev competing there, so if Brian will be with him then I think there won't be media day in Toronto this week. 

Maybe Brian won't go to Slovakia, doesn't he have the Muskoka training camp (?) this week, or is that just a Javi thing?

*EDIT Still not sure about the training camp, but Brian is doing Beat the Heat this Saturday in Muskoka, yup.

https://www.discovermuskoka.ca/events/beat-the-heat/

3 hours ago, Bilge said:

About social media thing, i’d still follow even if he just open one and never post anything or maybe post one or two news every once in a while but i think its better this way

Where's the option for "when Shoma fell on his quad loop?" :dbana:

44 minutes ago, yuzuonice said:

Maybe Brian won't go to Slovakia, doesn't he have the Muskoka training camp (?) this week, or is that just a Javi thing?

*EDIT Still not sure about the training camp, but Brian is doing Beat the Heat this Saturday in Muskoka, yup.

https://www.discovermuskoka.ca/events/beat-the-heat/

Wow, $60 for the VIP ticket is a pretty good deal if you get to meet and greet Javi and Brian, as well as wine and hors d’oeuvres!!