General Yuzuru Chat

Hace 4 horas, OonsieHui said:

But also, Yuzu himself has shown many times that he's playful and likes a joke, likes a laugh, including laughing at himself.  Koi dance anyone?? It would be strange to me if we his supporters acted as if we could only be serious in our support of him

It'a very interesting how some people pretend to know what Yuzu would like or not, and just because he has good sense of humor it doesn't means his fans can use him as a clown.  

2 minutes ago, Lenylan said:

It'a very interesting how some people pretend to know what Yuzu would like or not, and just because he has good sense of humor it doesn't means his fans can use him as a clown.  

There are light hearted posts as well as serious ones on this thread, and indeed most of them.  It’s best to ignore and pass over anything which is not to your taste.

Its nice to think of those +100,+200, and + 300 records permanently there, unbeaten under the previous system.

5 minutes ago, xeyra said:

So ISU has reset all records with the new scoring system, so currently Yuzuru is no longer the men's WR holder (it's Sota Yamamoto, actually; all current record holders are the Asian Open Challenger winners). Yuzuru's records, however, will remain unbroken as historical records prior to the 2018-2019 in ISU's statistics site. 

https://www.isu.org/statistics

I'm relieved his WRs all stay intact. Now Yuzu name will be engraved in history as WR holder of an entire long era, no one can take it from him anymore. WRs often will get broken no matter how long (even Yuna's 7 yr record), but Yuzu just GOT it, amazing. He's kinda born to be in history book. 

10 hours ago, MrPudding said:

It’s definitely the peak of off season  :smiley-laughing021:

I've been busy for the past two days with some stuff that had a deadline and finally got that sorted so came here to catch up on the thread and found 8+ pages thinking something must have happened (not media day tho as that would trigger way more pages increase) and found this!! :rofl:

Yuzu's hair style/too long/too short/with ponytail/braids/blonde/perm...

nqi1qpI.png

↑ The above is an AA that often being posted on japanese sites/threads that are talking about hair in a form or another. (I don't read 2ch or 5ch directly but read some matome sites). 

Yuzu's arm hair kind of reminded me that he is an actual person. Millions of Yuzu's images/pictures are on the net that are unbelievably gorgeous/pretty/adorable/cute/handsome/beautiful/awesome/godlike (can carry on but I'll stop) and I sometimes forget that he is a human just like us. But when I see something like his arm hair, it makes me appreciate him even more that he's not a god. Many fans that Yuzu has, they are all different in terms of how each express it but we all share the same love (I hope). You can worship him or whatever but we shouldn't forget that he is a living human and I don't want to lose the sight of that perspective. When we live day to day, sometimes shit happens. I'm sure Yuzu can laugh at himself for his ordinary day's shit when it happens. Being athletes or idols, public figure means there are chances that people make fun of you. I think that's okay and it is not disrespectful if that's done in a way that nobody's hurt and also done out of love for the person. Yuzu is very straight when it comes to skating but everywhere else, he does have a very good sense of humour. Those pics of Yuzu with altered hair colours and things, they look harmless to me. It is really nothing compared to malicious antis posts.

As for the topic about commentators, I do not consider myself as a seasoned or well-informed fs fan so my view is fairly close to casual viewers: It is true for my case that commentators can affect views of performances to a certain degree. But I only rely on them on technical side of things like what type of jumps/combos but I never judge skater's performance with the tech glasses on (as I've never had one). But having said that, since I became obsessed with Yuzu, I started to notice the difference between his skating and other skater's. His skating skill after joined TCC improved heaps compared to pre-TCC even to my untrained eyes. Some things are obvious and others are not so obvious. To me, commentators should help viewers to understand what's going on from more professional perspective. But I believe calling out UR is not really their territory unless the judges called it (even that is questionable sometime...)

I enjoy ESP ITA because of their knowledge of the sport and the passion. They are shamelessly devoted professional fans of the figure skating. And since some of you were talking about JPN commentators, I want to add my tiny 2cents here. I try to watch as many commentators version of the same performance as possible. And JPN one is quite boring to me as some of them just quote what kind of jumps or spins the skater's doing. Or scream out "and now he jumps 4s...and landed!".  It's very objective and not so exciting as you can see what's happening right there...:13877886: I like Sano sensei when he's a commentator. His approach is more subjective as he often gushes out "Ohhh--that's nice, really nice" or "Yes! That jump was really good" or "You may not realise but those kinds of entries are really hard" or something. I can feel his love towards each skaters and their performances. He's like an elderly uncle of Japanese figure skating community. 

Oh I almost forgot, @Xen thank you for your beautiful plea to Thy loyal subjects. I'd love to see The ode in haiku style if possible...:img_20:

1 hour ago, xeyra said:

So ISU has reset all records with the new scoring system, so currently Yuzuru is no longer the men's WR holder (it's Sota Yamamoto, actually; all current record holders are the Asian Open Challenger winners). Yuzuru's records, however, will remain unbroken as historical records prior to the 2018-2019 in ISU's statistics site. 

Well. This is going to be interesting....

38 minutes ago, OonsieHui said:

Well. This is going to be interesting....

Considering Lombardia, and the insane scoring there, more than likely we'll get something that will hold for a bit in both men and ladies. Unless Zu repeats his ACI pancake.

In general, I am very pleased his records in this old system will remain as they are. Now he can be all kuyashii and work on the new ones forever and ever, amen. Um, nvm. 

1 時間前, xeyraさんが言いました:

So ISU has reset all records with the new scoring system, so currently Yuzuru is no longer the men's WR holder (it's Sota Yamamoto, actually; all current record holders are the Asian Open Challenger winners). Yuzuru's records, however, will remain unbroken as historical records prior to 2018-2019 in ISU's statistics site. 

Dayuuum. And he was rearing to beat his own records too. That 111 he scored back at the Olys must be a new and permanent kuyashii for him now, hahaha. And H&L shall now be the most underscored highest score forever more. That's like two world records in one. Forever. Congratulations, Hanyu.

But this would also mean he can literally try to establish a new record at every comp he shows up to for now. It'd almost be like a repeat of the 2012-2013 season for him. Lol. Fun times.

7 分, Yatagarasuさんが言いました:

Considering Lombardia, and the insane scoring there, more than likely we'll get something that will hold in both men and ladies. Unless Zu repeats his ACI pancake.

Orrrrr maybe not. But he should be able to manage at least one...

2 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Orrrrr maybe not. But he should be able to manage at least one...

Both new programs, with who knows what in the layouts so I don't know but I'd bet on the SP before I'd bet on the FS. Fingers crossed! It's certainly going to be exciting. And he's not going to be happy not to have his name up there!

Lombardia really shouldn't be a Challenger, or anything really, but what can we do. 

16 分, Yatagarasuさんが言いました:

Lombardia really shouldn't be a Challenger, or anything really, but what can we do. 

If it weren't for Lombardia and their love for all things Uno*, lol, he might have had a chance for the FS earlier on as well. Well, perhaps in one of the later comps of the season then. Sigh. Hanyu, the poor lil 2xOGM underdoge. Nothing ever comes easy for him. >_< 

*Just realized his name is literally no.1 in Italian, haha! Of course, there are no guarantees the guy will perform clean with the new shortened timings, just like it's almost a sure thing Hanyu won't be clean, but to Uno's credit, he *does* tend to be pretty steady right at the start.

@BWOZWaltzIf we're talking about this...why'd they go for the arms and not the legs? His arms have got nothing on his legs. Nothing.

10 minutes ago, BWOZWaltz said:

Yuzu's arm hair kind of reminded me that he is an actual person. Millions of Yuzu's images/pictures are on the net that are unbelievably gorgeous/pretty/adorable/cute/handsome/beautiful/awesome/godlike (can carry on but I'll stop) and I sometimes forget that he is a human just like us. But when I see something like his arm hair, it makes me appreciate him even more that he's not a god. Many fans that Yuzu has, they are all different in terms of how each express it but we all share the same love (I hope). You can worship him or whatever but we shouldn't forget that he is a living human and I don't want to lose the sight of that perspective. When we live day to day, sometimes shit happens. I'm sure Yuzu can laugh at himself for his ordinary day's shit when it happens. Being athletes or idols, public figure means there are chances that people make fun of you. I think that's okay and it is not disrespectful if that's done in a way that nobody's hurt and also done out of love for the person. Yuzu is very straight when it comes to skating but everywhere else, he does have a very good sense of humour. Those pics of Yuzu with altered hair colours and things, they look harmless to me. It is really nothing compared to malicious antis posts.@Xen thank you for your beautiful plea to Thy loyal subjects. I'd love to see The ode in haiku style if possible...:img_20:

Your post shows an interesting perspective as a fan. Personally I've always found it a bit odd when people throw around the word "perfect" or "god-like" to describe Yuzu (not that he hasn't had perfect performances before!). When I read/hear Yuzu described this way there's a disconnect for me, because I've always thought he's gained such a following because of the opposite. To me, it's his very human struggles and setbacks on his path as an athlete and a person that has really resonated with people. I find I easily connect to that aspect of him in his skating. There's an honesty that comes across and a connection to the audience that I feel is pretty unique to Yuzuru. It pulls me in and the the experience can be exhilarating and moving all at once, but I think what makes it poignant is the humanity behind it. Or in other words, he wears his heart on his sleeve when he skates and it's a very human thing for me.

Going back quickly to the topic of commentary for figure skating, I think commentators do have a responsibility to put effort into doing their job well and to stay informed and to have enough experience and skill to properly call details like under rotations, steps, and even levels. In the case of the 4T at the 2015 GPF, I think the mistake made by some commentators was mislabeling the jump as under rotated when what they really meant was that he got less rotation than his usual standard, but the jump was still well within the necessary rotation. I can understand that when things are happening live, commentary mistakes can happen, but it is important that they commentary team get things correct. Often that commentary is a person's first exposure to figure skating, and it's really easy to confuse new potential fans. The first commentary I heard for Yuzu was Scott and Sandra during the Sochi team event SP, and although I appreciated Scott's enthusiastic response, he mistakenly called the counter 3A a rocker and that stuck in my head for a long time until I learned enough on my own. The biased commentary I think is expected and not surprising if talking about opinion, but I do want technical details to be correct.