General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, Xen said:

Well I was thinking maybe Aug 29th - Sept 6th, some time between those dates are the ones I'm eyeing for some reason. 

Granted, this is hypothetical, if I were Yuzu I'd probably rest and do more off-ice conditioning first after arriving in Toronto, and not go jump happy first. Ankle probably needs a bit of time to recover, since the amount of skating during the ice shows was a lot. So real training probably only picked up around late July (was that when the medical report about his healing progress being as expected came out?), which means getting back his quads and crazy transitions probably will happen after Mid-Aug. And I somewhat suspect he wouldn't open media day without his 4Loop being back. 

Yeah, late August would also be my bet if it's not next week. Like you said, his usual start would be somewhat delayed bc of rehab and the ice shows. They would have the actual media day and a 1000% have a strict embargo on any content being released until the designated date (it takes time to produce the articles/news features so they wouldn't be releasing the material right after media day). And if any media outlet breaks that embargo...good luck ever getting access to Yuzu again tbqh. They're not going to break it, not even for a 4A.

Personally, I'll bet he'll wait until he has something beyond what he's shown last time we saw him at FAOI, so very possible it'll be after he's recovered another quad. So I agree with your timeline - he may have the actual media day mid/late August, for a potential late August release. 

Why are people assuming that he needs all the jumps for media day? He already has new information (his programs) to disclose and that is huge by itself. It's not like he has to give the journalists everything. Wouldn't they (and us) be happy with the music and choreo as well as interviews?!!!!

or is that just the fan in me talking :laughing:

Just now, Neenah said:

Why are people assuming that he needs all the jumps for media day? He already has new information (his programs) to disclose and that is huge by itself. It's not like he has to give the journalists everything. Wouldn't they (and us) be happy with the music and choreo as well as interviews?!!!!

I just want the programs and choreographer. 

Just randomly tweet it out Yuzu! :smiley-talk005:

3 minutes ago, Neenah said:

Not all the jumps. But from what we know about Yuzu, I wouldn't be surprised if he wants to show that he's made material improvements to his jumps from the last time we saw him, and also have a good grasp on his programs so he can present its best version (even if the media won't be disclosing everything). Timeline-wise, it is a little tight (also rehabilitation probably has its own quirks)

I'm thinking a lot of what Yuzu's planning this season might not be finalized by ACI, with that appearance being simply a means of getting his feet (skates) wet.  There's basically six weeks between ACI and Helsinki.  That's almost like having another summer and unlike last year's disaster, this pause is scheduled.  Yuzu might be using that month and half gap to do the real work for this season because by that point we can assume Yuzu's fully healed.  It's not that he's not done real work already but I can't imagine he is not planning those weeks away from the competition to really perfect his programs.  Yuzu hates just spinning his wheels.

44 minutes ago, Bilge said:

Uuuu shiny! but what was it for, i mean what was the occaiton or is it just random seimei appreciation fireworks XD

In Japan, throughout the Summer there are many fireworks shows and competitions. For competitions, I think they often use music so it's kind of like a fireworks performance. I'm guessing this is what this was, a competition entry. But not sure...

54 minutes ago, micaelis said:

I'm thinking a lot of what Yuzu's planning this season might not be finalized by ACI, with that appearance being simply a means of getting his feet (skates) wet.  There's basically six weeks between ACI and Helsinki.  That's almost like having another summer and unlike last year's disaster, this pause is scheduled.  Yuzu might be using that month and half gap to do the real work for this season because by that point we can assume Yuzu's fully healed.  It's not that he's not done real work already but I can't imagine he is not planning those weeks away from the competition to really perfect his programs.  Yuzu hates just spinning his wheels.

Programs develop over the course of the season so it's natural for there to be choreographic changes (eg. LGC/Seimei between ACI and the first GP) between ACI and the GP and he has the advantage of the first GP being relatively later in the season. So yeah, we could see some jump layout changes etc. in the time, but I don't really remember Yuzu changing up his jump layout very frequently or significantly (the only time I remember him doing so was after Skate Canada in 2015 out of kuyashii lol) - I think he likes to aim for his final layout and slowly chip away at it until he gets it. It'll depend how things go by the time ACI rolls around. 

10 minutes ago, ruruzest said:

This could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship ( or has it already existed ...) :sadPooh:( Yuzu ! Open WeChat account for Boyang please ! ) :knc_brian2:

snort. this was a whole confusion this morning and a lot of unnecessary emo tears were shed because @SparkleSalad unleashed chaos : P (but the cutest kind).

Here's the clip: 

I am going to say that our Archives are a gem. A gem. 

When you go back and take a look at say Oly Men's Short thread? It is A++++ comedy gold. We were sort of chill until the last two groups and then satellites lost it. I think by the time we had This is Sparta post I was wheezing. Seriously, fantastic pick me up if you need one.  

Though new satellites might be a tad ahem, speechless at that mayhem. We really don't bite though. Really. We drink. And yell this is Sparta. And we are totally sane - ish :68468287:

24 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

I am going to say that our Archives are a gem. A gem. 

When you go back and take a look at say Oly Men's Short thread? It is A++++ comedy gold. We were sort of chill until the last two groups and then satellites lost it. I think by the time we had This is Sparta post I was wheezing. Seriously, fantastic pick me up if you need one.  

Though new satellites might be a tad ahem, speechless at that mayhem. We really don't bite though. Really. We drink. And yell this is Sparta. And we are totally sane - ish :68468287:

I’m still too scared to think back on the FS aftermath :59227c768286a__s:

Scarred for life by Olys trauma

3 minutes ago, axelnojutsu said:

I’m still too scared to think back on the FS aftermath :59227c768286a__s:

Scarred for life by Olys trauma

Awww but that's why the SP is perfect, it was just pure fun. And fainting, heart palpitations, scraping people off the floor and dogs eating earrings :68468287:

2 hours ago, Neenah said:

Because it's Japan. The moment he's not absolutely ready to do a 4Lo in front of the media, cue panic. :laughing: