General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, SydneyH said:
  Hide contents

well if you think that knowing that Yuzuru is looking serious and that he is being picked up by Yumi-san and a driver and that him and Zhenya don't share an apartment is something relevant then maybe , when I say it's pointless it's because it really is (and yes Iron Klaus can drives me nuts too lol ) 

See, that kind of journalism (and I use the term loosely) just makes me crazy. What does it matter who he's living with or not living with? There's this distinct undertone to that kind of coverage that implies the fans somehow own him, and I find that distasteful. I know it's a thing with Japanese idol media coverage but an athlete should be a different matter. 

On top of that, anyone following Zhenya's social media can clearly see that she's living with her mom and hanging out with Jason Brown. Zhenya's a scary level of open about her life. I don't see the need to dig and pry into the lives of these people beyond that.

I don't think this is "so late" compare to his usual standard. The media day didn't happen in this particular week like the past few years, but till now, it just a few days late. People seems to forget he's coming back from injury, so far he and his team taking thing slowly and carefully. And with new programs and rule changes, he might need a bit more time before skating in front of media.  

5 minutes ago, Katt said:

I don't think this is "so late" compare to his usual standard. The media day didn't happen in this particular week like the past few years, but till now, it just a few days late. People seems to forget he's coming back from injury, so far he and his team taking thing slowly and carefully. And with new programs and rule changes, he might need a bit more time before skating in front of media.  

I know, it's just that we are all getting quite impatient because all other skaters have announced their new program music! I just wanted to see an article with the names of the music no more or less. 

18 minutes ago, quadaxelwin said:

I just wanted to see an article with the names of the music no more or less. 

It wasn't the case in the past years, so hardly worth waiting.

And not all skaters did announcements, afaik, Gabrielle and Guillaume even said that they has no intention to tell music before competitions. So each team decides what way is better for them.

13 minutes ago, quadaxelwin said:

I know, it's just that we are all getting quite impatient because all other skaters have announced their new program music! I just wanted to see an article with the names of the music no more or less. 

Yes I get why some getting impatient. But I think Yuzuru will reveal when he's ready to share it. I don't want he feel the pressure of having to announce thing because of fans or media's demand. Just wait a bit more. We can do it :grouphug:

While I agree with most opinions here that Yuzu is an athlete and not an idol and should be treated as such, the reality is that that is sadly not going to happen any time soon. And the more 'mysterious' he is (which in normal terms means very private), the more tabloids will try to find something scandalous about him. IMO, the brightest thing about this is that they can't find anything, because his life, by tabloid standards, is very boring. But it's really hard for them to believe that, so they keep digging trying to find something. I don't know if being more open about his private life would change anything, because it's pretty clear that his life is just skating, studying, games and headphones. Which is fine if it's what makes him happy.

I don't think there is anything anyone can do to prevent this from happening, sadly. He was huge after Sochi, grown bigger and bigger and now he is beyond huge in Japan. The same popularity that allows him to touch a lot of people and influence a lot of people has as a dark side the fact that he has reached idol status (his looks also help, I'm sure) and he will be hounded by tabloids trying to find anything interesting. He's famous and that's enough, it doesn't matter to them why he's famous.

I have a particular dislike for tabloids, since I believe they played a huge part in destroying the reputation of a former idol I like and they even went after another musician, who is one of the most private people ever. But they exist and I don't think they'll go away anywhere.

It's bad when they make up stories, because I think those hurt Yuzu the most, and of course, being stalked is never fun, but it's sadly probably something he will have to get used to. As long as tabloids have enough money to send paparazzi to Canada for complete non-stories like this, at least. One can hope they'll give up soon enough, but...

ETA: As for the revelation of programs, I've been joking about him not revealing them until ACI, but it'd actually be kind of cool if that were to be the case. Personally, I wish he'd just tells us, though lol "I'll reveal it on XX.XX" or "I'll reveal it at ACI". Just give us a date to look forward to rather than wonder if it'll be next week or the following week or next month etc. But Yuzu does things the Yuzu way and we'll just have to deal with it lol

There was a previous media day that only happened in September, which was after his lisfranc injury. Considering he probably received his programs only when he came back from FaOI, adapting to new rules and getting himself back into competitive shape, I think expecting the media day to only be late August, early September is probably best. Especially if, like after Boston, he is getting two new programs. 

2 minutes ago, xeyra said:

There was a previous media day that only happened in September, which was after his lisfranc injury. Considering he probably received his programs only when he came back from FaOI, adapting to new rules and getting himself back into competitive shape, I think expecting the media day to only be late August, early September is probably best. Especially if, like after Boston, he is getting two new programs. 

Noooooooooo!!!:13877886:

49 分, KatjaTheraさんが言いました:

ETA: As for the revelation of programs, I've been joking about him not revealing them until ACI, but it'd actually be kind of cool if that were to be the case. Personally, I wish he'd just tells us, though lol "I'll reveal it on XX.XX" or "I'll reveal it at ACI". Just give us a date to look forward to rather than wonder if it'll be next week or the following week or next month etc. But Yuzu does things the Yuzu way and we'll just have to deal with it lol

Lol. Everyone would know by ACI at the latest anyway. That's a sure thing that needs no announcement. So what does it matter whether or not he announces when he's going to announce them?

It's pretty funny how we all go through this every season, with each season that comes after worse than the last. As much as we are calling him a troll for making us wait and what not, I can't help but think that this whole getting worked up thing (though to be fair, not everyone here is as some are only coolly speculating, which is like a fun way to past the time, I suppose) is more something we're doing to ourselves than something he's doing to us. Like somebody else has mentioned, it's probably a good idea to savor the whole experience now by the second because one day, we're not going to have even this anymore. I really agree with that. Puts a lot of things into perspective.

Although I'm wondering if some of us already know this and are only whining about the wait precisely because it's actually part of the process of enjoying this sweet torture? The human mind, after all, is a very curious thing and I'm convinced that no matter how far technology advances, it's probably something that can never be replicated in AI form.

42 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

As long as tabloids have enough money to send paparazzi to Canada for complete non-stories like this, at least. 

7 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Guess the Japanese media (or some of them) are already in Toronto, lying in wait for media day. Seems unlikely that this would have come from any local photographer, I doubt they'd have enough level of interest for a figure skater.

Media arrived for media day would be the licenced ones, not having to stoop to taking private-time photos. Unless there was a shady individual amongst them who likes making some money on the side.

I think it's very likely those photos were taken by a local paparazzo. Local tabloids may not have interest, but Japanaese do, and a pap just needs to know that. In today's time, a client for a pap is just an e-mail and a few clicks away.

So were these pictures of him off of Tcc property? If so, then yes, that is annoying and bothersome and really ticks me off.  

Unfortunately, everything about him physically,  plus that added 2nd gold that has elevated his fame, combined with almost nothing known publicly about his private life (despite him saying repeatedly he lives quietly in Toronto) , will really heighten interest in him and could make it worth it to follow him around here.  In a time where people find it necessary to post what they ate for breakfast, his lack of connection must drive the papps crazy.... if they were to spot him doing *anything* away from the rink and not involving skating? gold for them. I hope it is just a one time thing and if not, let Toronto have a cold winter to keep the papps away....