General Yuzuru Chat

5 minutes ago, Danibellerika said:

LOL, yeah it's Madame Tussauds. I just realized I'm wearing the cardigan I wore that day when I visited.  Thankfully it was a light day so my friend and I had it all to ourselves lol.  Yuzu's is cool, but Mao's is really cool as they have her spinning on a revolving table.  

I thought Mao's was really cool, too! And definitely looked more like her than Yuzu's looked like him ^_^; It was quite empty when I went, too (midday on a weekday, killing time before my flight in the evening ^_^; ), but that salaryman was quite the figure. His female partner was fun, too. I quite envied them for their IDGAF attitudes lol. I just took a selfie with the Yuzu statue and I still can't decide which of us looks worse lol

As someone who only has time to check the planet maybe once a day, I'm hungrily waiting for the day that I'll come on and see like 30 new pages on the general thread. Because then I'll know.....YUZU'S NEW PROGRAMMES ARE ANNOUNCED!!! 

2 hours ago, Sammie said:

:salty:

:knc_yuzu2:

Three major categories of men's good looks among Japanese these days are:

▼ しょうゆ顔(shoyu face) - typical Japanese face with subtle facial features. 

▼ 塩顔(salt face) - similar to shoyu face but with fair complexioned and clear smooth skin.  Slender built. But underneath the fragile appearance are lean muscle and strong mentality.  This duality appeals a lot to girls.

▼ ソース顔(sauce face) - like Worcestershire sauce that came from western world, this face is more western like with double eyelid large eyes, higher nose and large mouth.  Darker skinned.

This site adds more categories such as ▼酢顔(vinegar face), ▼砂糖(sugar face)▼みそ顔(miso face)▼マヨネーズ顔(mayonnaise face), ▼ケチャップ顔(ketchup face), etc.  The last ▼オリーブオイル(olive oil face) is for 速水もこみち because of his massive use of olive oil in his cooking show.  I never heard of these categories other than the first three though.

https://matome.naver.jp/odai/2144177926661256801

Years ago macho type men with wild sauce face were quite popular among Japanese, but over the years what they like to see in men changed.  Currently salt face men are the most popular among girls.  Yuzu is a typical 塩顔男子(salt face man).

11 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

ETA: I think that's not from the exhibition, it's from Madame Tussauds, where you, indeed, can touch the costume, the bracelet and the statue. (When I was there a middle-aged salaryman had a picture taken while crawling on all fours between Yuzu's legs... :8:)

That is...  a small part of me would like to know what he was thinking, the rest definitely doesn't want to think about it....

2 minutes ago, TallyT said:

That is...  a small part of me would like to know what he was thinking, the rest definitely doesn't want to think about it....

*pats*

Most of the time, that is the wise choice. Goodness knows I don't want peeps to think too hard about what's in my head sometimes :angel3-smiley:

9 minutes ago, Rainbow said:

Three major categories of men's good looks among Japanese these days are:

▼ しょうゆ顔(shoyu face) - typical Japanese face with subtle facial features. 

▼ 塩顔(salt face) - similar to shoyu face but with fair complexioned and clear smooth skin.  Slender built. But underneath the fragile appearance are lean muscle and strong mentality.  This duality appeals a lot to girls.

▼ ソース顔(sauce face) - like Worcestershire sauce that came from western world, this face is more western like with double eyelid large eyes, higher nose and large mouth.  Darker skinned.

This site adds more categories such as ▼酢顔(vinegar face), ▼砂糖(sugar face)▼みそ顔(miso face)▼マヨネーズ顔(mayonnaise face), ▼ケチャップ顔(ketchup face), etc.  The last ▼オリーブオイル(olive oil face) is for 速水もこみち because of his massive use of olive oil in his cooking show.  I never heard of these categories other than the first three though.

https://matome.naver.jp/odai/2144177926661256801

Years ago macho type men with wild sauce face were quite popular among Japanese, but over the years what they like to see in men changed.  Currently salt face men are the most popular among girls.  Yuzu is a typical 塩顔男子(salt face man).

Okay, I have to ask, or I'll die with curiosity - what on earth is a mayonnaise face???