General Yuzuru Chat

9 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

Thank you for all the footage! I'd say this definitely seems pre-recorded (it could be just partly, but that makes little sense)... so still no idea when media day will be lol Now it could be at any point between now and ACI...

Actually, they showed him the picture the boy took and Yuzu brought up the bad pictures championship tag lol Twitter lurker extraordinaire... (even the interviewer was surprised he knew about it)

This is so great, but also Mr. Hanyu what else have you seen :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

4 minutes ago, chiachium said:

Is media day a TCC event? I thought it was just like a day for Yuzuru to show off his programs? Since other TCC skaters announce/perform their programs at other competitions and ice shows. 

Naahhh media day isn't a TCC thing, it's a Yuzuru thing. Media day just what people like to call the one(1) day in which Lord Pooh shows us mercy and allows mere mortals into his cave to report his various doings........... It's like Christmas for fanyus

1 hour ago, Yuazz said:

I heard Time Traveler bgm.. 

Can't wait to see 

Thank you for sharing.:tumblr_inline_nhkf0oKdhx1qid2nw::thanks: Here is the gist of what was new in the videos:

The theme of 24 TV this year is "The person changed your life," so the announcer asked Yuzu what changed his life. He answered, "In a sense, it is Ice RInk Sendai because if it weren't near my home, I would not have started figure skating." He said he could not imagine his life without starting figure skating.

The boy who took the picture of the parade is Hiroto Honda, who was 4 years old when the quake hit Sendai. He started figure skating 2 years later seeing Yuzu's performance in Japanese Nationals 2013. He wanted to start figure skating because Yuzu's skating was beautiful and he looked so fun while performing.
Hiroto is aiming to encourage people in Japan and give them hope with his performance.

By the way, Yuzu knew about the who's the crappiest cameraman contest held on Twitter after the parade. He knew how it was tough for a little boy to take such a picture in a crowd. 

Also, it seems that Disney on Ice held in Sendai in 2011 too, to encourage kids in the area affected by the quake and tsunami.

I think a few skaters from Ice RInk Sendai is joining Disney on Ice tour after retirement, though I'm not sure they are joining this show. Nanami Sensei also took part in Disney on Ice tour when she was younger.

12 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

24h Zu, last year and 2 years ago! :tumblr_inline_nhkf0oKdhx1qid2nw:

he really checks out of that haircare routine when he's off ice doesn't he aslfkjsa yuzu pls the hair this year is especially..... 

(but ahh this really highlights how hard he was training last year in the off season, he was competition-skinny ; __ ; )

38 minutes ago, sweetwater said:

By the way, Yuzu knew about the who's the crappiest cameraman contest held on Twitter after the parade. He knew how it was tough for a little boy to take such a picture in a crowd. 

Also, it seems that Disney on Ice held in Sendai in 2011 too, to encourage kids in the area affected by the quake and tsunami.

I think a few skaters from Ice RInk Sendai is joining Disney on Ice tour after retirement, though I'm not sure they are joining this show. Nanami Sensei also took part in Disney on Ice tour when she was younger.

Actually, the sempai skater Yuzu was with when the earthquake struck and who helped him get out of the building is also with Disney on Ice. It'd be really nice and sweet and special if he had been among those who did this show (though we'll probably never know, because I don't think they are allowed to reveal themselves...)