General Yuzuru Chat

39 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Doesn't matter tbh. Not really. Not after he's repeated Chopin for the third time and Seimei for the second time. He'd get so much flak, from fans and non-fans alike. I am pretty sure he knows that. 

It's a new quad and he'll do new things, just wait. Now what those are ... I mean he could easily go for two warhorses, or at least in the FS, due to the rules change to play it safe. Now that I can see. 

There's nothing that says he can't do another Prince song. There's plenty of nose-bleed inducing goodness there to choose from. I already cast my vote for Little Red Corvette, but I could see Jeffrey trying to convince him to do When Doves Cry or Kiss too...

envisions Yuzu 'not intending to be sexy' to the strains of Prince singing:

You don't have to be rich
To be my girl
You don't have to be cool
To rule my world
Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
I just want your extra time and your

Kiss,
Oh oh

dies. 

:13877886:

1 minute ago, Sammie said:

I was half joking about recycled Prince sp. I really think he going to do new programs. It’s the new quad and maybe he wants to show people a new Yuzu. So Jazz sp and a warhorse for the free.... :acceptable: 

Nah. he's done warhorses. Besides, are there any that are 4 mins instead of 4min 30? 

Jazz seems to be a bit of a theme at TCC. If we're talking warhorses, it would be cool to see Yuzu try his hand at Rhapsody In Blue. 

@rockstaryuzu

Before I forget, in re to the FS and a warhorse - the principal reason why I find this highly likely is due to the rule change. It isn't a bad idea to stay in the safe zone while fiddling with them and trying to see what works and what doesn't. This season in general will be a giant adjustment in terms of scoring, for both skaters and judges and it's not unreasonable to play safe and position himself on the top from the start.

The SP though can still be a 'play' zone for him, if he so chooses. In general, I think he would ease himself into choosing perhaps more out of the box choices. We'll see, we'll see. Or hear, that is.

Soon hopefully. Skating gods, please. 

7 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

Before I forget, in re to the FS and a warhorse - the principal reason why I find this highly likely is due to the rule change. It isn't a bad idea to stay in the safe zone while fiddling with them and trying to see what works and what doesn't.

Agreed, but given the change in length of the programs, even the warhorses aren't going to be the same. The music will have to be altered to fit the program length and in general it'll all have to flow with a different rhythm (in terms of the overall dynamics of the program), so are warhorses even going to be that safe or useful of a choice? That's my thinking. 

4 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Agreed, but given the change in length of the programs, even the warhorses aren't going to be the same. The music will have to be altered to fit the program length and in general it'll all have to flow with a different rhythm (in terms of the overall dynamics of the program), so are warhorses even going to be that safe or useful of a choice? That's my thinking. 

Should be, yes. It's different music cuts anyway, which might actually give it a fresh feel now that it's shorter, and he is very good at fiddling with those. 20, 30 times if that is what it takes .... 

:D