General Yuzuru Chat

54 minutes ago, asiacheetah said:

Does anyone know how long that family crest has been around? Do all families have one or only "older" families? Or can you create one if you don't have one?

I remember watching a program discussing about the family crest. If I am not mistaken it said you can make your own if you don't have one. Here's the link if you are interested:

https://youtu.be/s9yRwgFs0Ec

So I dug around a bit for Hanyu family crest and came upon this explanation for the origin of the family name. Is this correct? 

(link)

清和天皇の子孫で源姓を賜った氏(清和源氏)、桓武天皇の子孫で平の姓を賜った家系である平氏(桓武平氏)千葉氏流、中臣鎌足が天智天皇より賜ったことに始まる氏(藤原氏)秀郷流、中臣氏(太古以来の大族。天児屋根命が始祖。主として神事、祭事を司る)などにもみられる。種子島家に仕える臣下にもみられる。関東地方に多く見られる。埴生(はにう、はにゅう)からの転化、埴とは土のことである。

So it's supposedly a very very old family name? 

4 minutes ago, ruruzest said:

It proves that he’s human after all! All of his candid pic have been looked so good ! 

(Embedded from iPad )

Penguin-walk?

To commemorate that there has been a penguin named after him?

:LOL:

5 minutes ago, ruruzest said:

It proves that he’s human after all! All of his candid pic have been looked so good ! 

(Embedded from iPad )

I'm sure all photographers have bad photos of him somewhere, the astonishing bit is they actually published this one. XD

He's what, getting up from mid-bow?

2 minutes ago, TallyT said:

On these larger clear photos you can see the sheer workmanship on the hakama... it's really beautiful.

Guess there's a reason that this workshop was certified as a national treasure!

Exquisite workmanship is not something you find easily.