General Yuzuru Chat

32 minutes ago, axelnojutsu said:

So I can distract myself from stressing over ticket sales by stressing over potential programs? :rofl:

What a relaxing off-season after Worlds looks like: finally we can calm down and have a life and go outside and do things and... oh no wait, there's an ice show. But now we can... oh no wait, there's a parade. But now finally we can..... oh yeah the garden party. And another ice show. But maybe now we.... no, not just yet, there's another ice show and oh yeah ice show costumes, and a few million fish memes, alright, check, got that. So maybe now we... yeah no I thought so, there's another ice show. I almost forgot about that one because I was busy stressing about GP assignments. But the good news is that after the last ice show we can finally, finally.... stress out about media day and new costumes and new programs and new jumps and new layouts and judging in general and while we're at it maybe about how global warming is going to melt all ice rinks everywhere.

:13877886:

(no I'm not insane you are)

Should Yuzu stay in Europe between his two GP events?  I'd say 'yes'.  He'll have no trouble finding a rink to train on.  Any rink on his list would almost be willing to pay him to skate there (just joking).  The issue is can he train without Brian or Tracy?  He did it once before (though I can't remember when) where he trained in Japan rather than going back to Toronto.  Brian had given him a training regimen which he followed.  We have to remember Yuzu is so self-motivated and self-critical that he can carry off something like that. 

I know one thing is probably going on right now - the toy retailers in Moscow and Helsinki are ordering in as many Pooh items as they can get.  Another thing - Moscow and Helsinki skate authorities are planning on extra numbers of flower-kids to clean up all the Pooh stuff they know will follow Yuzu's performances.  Yet another thing - skate authorities in those two cities are looking to strengthening security measures there.  Yuzu is an athlete where security issues are real.  He's an athlete who literally has rock-star status and nobody wants anything bad to happen on their turf.  As for hotels in those cities, I think a fair number of the bookings there were not from Yuzu fans but Japanese journalists.  At least they didn't have to spend precious minutes trying to figure out whether they could afford it or not and when Yuzu is concerned and lodging is an issue, mere minutes can be the crucial difference between having a room and 'no room at the inn'.

On 2018/6/28 at 午前2時17分, LadyLouさんが言いました:

While I personally agree with you, I think someone could say 'don't assume things' because what we see is only a part of the picture. We can observe Yuzuru's public behaviour on and off the ice, in interviews*, a few interactions with friends** and so on but we don't know him when he's away from cameras.

To me he's always looked very genuine so I don't think Yuzuru would behave that much differently when not filmed, but I can't be sure, and it would be well within his rights.

So I'd say that his public persona strikes me as that of your usual male dude, childish side and all (not saying that men are all children, mind you:laughing:) and Yuzuru feels no outward demand to prove anything to anyone by behaving any differently. But Yuzuru's private self is unknown to us, and while I do think it isn't that different, I can't be sure, so I understand why people might say: don't take what we know about his personality as a fact without having the whole picture.

idk if I've explained myself LOL

Sorry for dredging this back up but I feel like I needed to respond to this.

If you recall, I mentioned a couple of times that I already got this vibe and the perception that he's an alpha-type from him the first time I laid eyes on him back when I knew absolutely nothing about him and was still very uneducated about the sport, to the extent I (shamefully) bought into the popular view of it and thought male figure skating was a weird sport for any self-respecting straight male to choose as a career, and his appearance and behavior, for all intents and purposes, shouldn't have convinced me otherwise but it did because that's what my gut feeling told me. And having followed him since, he has yet to prove it wrong. I don't usually have a lot of gut reaction to people I see whether it's in real life or through a screen but the rare times I did, I've never been wrong. Yet. I'm coming from a primal/base instinct place here which is why I'm standing so firm on this. I don't need to know the guy personally to feel this way.

So, while I get what you're trying to say here, I'll thank you to not assume that I'm simply assuming things based on superficial observation. Because it's rather far from it. In fact, I think there's more assumption going on with what you're suggesting. Since I know nothing about his private life, I'm not even going to think and wonder about it so much as to assume that it's so different from what he shows the world that it garners the assumption that he may in fact behave a lot less like the dude's dude (remember I'm saying this despite having witnessed his more effeminate tendencies numerous times) we always see. Because if that's true, he's gotta be the world's best actor and the most two-faced athlete there ever was. You may not mean to imply that by saying what you did, I'm sure you meant well actually, but that's what I'm hearing anyway. He's been consistently showing us what we have all seen and unless he's given us a reason to think otherwise, there's no reason to believe that his private self is so different, it may as well be a 180. The possibility of that, well, I won't say is zero but it just makes so little sense to me. However he behaves privately, if--heaven forbid--it ever comes to light and it's different from what we see (like, I dunno, if he suddenly reveals he really enjoys crossdressing or something), I'm still pretty confident I won't think him less of the male I already now see him as.

I mean, that's just the way I see it. If you view it differently, that's entirely your prerogative.

Re: GP assigments

There were so much talk of Sc and  nHK, for a few moments, I actually entertained the notion that he may very well end up going to the then-homeless GP and whatever 2nd GP that would be most suitable in relation to it and the GPF...which ofc left only RC. But then dismissed it almost as soon as it finished forming cos I was thinking that Japan would probably really want him skating at home despite the high chances of pitting him and uno against one another. Now I wish I had given that thought more of a chance so that I can feel smug now. But alas, I decided to go with the masses ultimately >_<.

Useless factoid: I don't keep track of my post count but happened to come aross it yesterday when I was rummaging around for an older post I wrote and saw that I had exactly 666 posts right before this one. I had every intention to keep it that way for as long as I could and well, you can see for yourself how well I did. I think I also harbored the intention to contribute more one-liner posts at one point but that turned to dust almost as soon as I announced it. I'm sorry I'm so bad at foruming...

On 2018/6/28 at 午後11時15分, Danibellerikaさんが言いました:

@Fay mentioned how Meryl and Charlie and Tessa and Scott haven't been mentioned yet. So they could be the top 2 (pretty anti-climatic IMO) but whatevs.  Gotta promote the home team after all...

#1 is up. It's not anti-climactic. I'm good with it being where it is because it is the biggest thing that led to other big things. :)

It's weird that they have W&D in the main pic but no mention of them anywhere, tho...or maybe there was and I just didn't read closely enough. I admit I only skimmed through a lot of the entries...

3 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

#1 is up. It's not anti-climactic. I'm good with it being where it is because it is the biggest thing that led to other big things. :)

What an... interesting way to make a choice that will please everyone yet still bring Nathan on the spotlight. 

7 分, vanadiezzさんが言いました:

What an... interesting way to make a choice that will please everyone yet still bring Nathan on the spotlight. 

Lol. The spotlight isn't undeserving. It's not like the entry's all about him and he *is* one of the foremost skaters that depend almost entirely on his arsenal of quads to be as competitively high up as he is (enough to give well-rounded skaters with quad juice themselves--like hanyu and fernandez--a run for their money after all). So not mentioning him when the entire entry is about quads would seem avoidant...

And sides, they mentioned him alongside everyone else who drove the revolution forward. I don't see a problem here at all.

@Coquelicot: I can't seem to find the comment section on my phone. Is it only viewable via PC?

19 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Lol. The spotlight isn't undeserving. It's not like the entry's all about him and he *is* one of the foremost skaters that depend almost entirely on his arsenal of quads to be as competitively high up as he is (enough to give well-rounded skaters with quad juice themselves--like hanyu and fernandez--a run for their money after all). So not mentioning him when the entire entry is about quads would seem avoidant...

And sides, they mentioned him alongside everyone else who drove the revolution forward. I don't see a problem here at all.

@Coquelicot: I can't seem to find the comment section on my phone. Is it only viewable via PC?

Yep, agree. I just find it funny that almost all of their articles are focusing on a single person, yet number 2 and 1 suddenly took a point of view of situation to include many people on it.

Well, at least no Boyang erasure this time. LOL.

Oh, and I am quite sure they change the title on number 3 to Yuzuru Hanyu wins back-to-back Olympics, achieves rock star status. I do not remember there is mention about Yuzu wining a back-to-back Olympics before (since I was hoping that back-to-back story can make it into number 1).

And now Virtue and Moir fans get offended LOL. Did they make the complete list before starting to post number 30? 

18 分, Coquelicotさんが言いました:

Hmm I just tried clicking into the tweet on my phone, and the comment section is showing up.  Are you clicking on the tweet?  The Icenetwork article doesn't have a comment section, but the tweet does.

Oh okay I see 'em now. Lotsa huffy ice dance fans..tho I can't say I don't see where they're coming from. Some of  them seem to think they are bigger news than the quad revo but I'm guessing that's mainly salt for not having V&M be included in the list at all. It is very odd tho because some of the items listed are really quite negligible by comparison...

@ralucutzagy: He's mentioned in the #1 entry along with all the other quadmeisters, which is about the same amount of spotlight as Chen and Uno got. Really, as far as the focus on men's go, they really didn't do too badly this time around. To me, anyway.