General Yuzuru Chat

14 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

I get that people perceive differently based on the culture they grew up in, I wasn't trying to say that they were wrong in their perceptions. I only wanted to express mine, which is shaped by the environment *I* was brought up in.

TBH, I think this is similar with my post? To accept that people may have different perception based on differences on cultural background?

While I also said that it will all be perceptions and not the truth (Again, due to differences with cultural backgrounds used during assessment). I add this not to point out who is right or wrong, but to suggest people to read it with a grain of salt to avoid long debates.

I hope this may add better understanding on my earlier post.

22 minutes ago, micaelis said:

He didn't have sparkles for POTO2 and both shirts (dark and sky-blue) for PW.  There might have been more but these are both that first suggested to me.  POTO2 is, in fact, my favorite of all his costumes.  As for POTO2, he did have a fair amount of gold fabric, just no sequins or rhinestones.

Pleats in blue PW are full with purple sparkles. :D

1 minute ago, BWOZWaltz said:

I thought there were sparkles on PW. There are pleated parts on the shirt that had plenty of sparkles. They're hidden but are still sparkles:D

Yes. The sparkles was spread out and pinks sparkles are in the pleated parts of the blue PW :68468287:

5 分, vanadiezzさんが言いました:

TBH, I think this is similar with my post? To accept that people may have different perception based on differences on cultural background?

While I also said that it will all be perceptions and not the truth (Again, due to differences with cultural backgrounds used during assessment). I add this not to point out who is right or wrong, but to suggest people to read it with a grain of salt to avoid long debates.

I hope this may add better understanding on my earlier post.

Yeah, I don't have any problem with what you were saying for the most part but I also got the impression towards the end that you might be implying that I wasn't able to differentiate between masculinity and having an indomitable spirit.

4 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Yeah, I don't have any problem with what you were saying for the most part but I also got the impression towards the end that you might be implying that I wasn't able to differentiate between masculinity and having an indomitable spirit.

Nope, my later part is simply to share my opinion on how I see Yuzu, from my point of view.

14 分, vanadiezzさんが言いました:

Nope, my later part is simply to share my opinion on how I see Yuzu, from my point of view.

My interpretation of everything else you said is in line with this but the last bit, based on your word choice, suddenly took on a distinctly different tone and it suddenly sounded as though you were correcting something you think I said, just like quite a few people here have done. So I decided to use your post to launch into a last ditch effort to reillustrate my point. 

Hmmm...because I don't deny that those who were debating had some interesting points, I'm going to actually start one:

Cultural differences aside,  I'm in fact very puzzled as to why some people here are so resistant and uncomfortable about the idea of Hanyu being conformed as male because that's very clearly what he is, *despite* all the softness he has that coexists with the steel that is his core. It's making me think that these people are the ones trapped in the very box they are trying so hard to not be in. What's wrong with calling a spade a spade? Why does him identifying as a masculine male and him having a soft side have to be mutually exclusive?Just because he has a soft side to him doesn't have to mean he is somewhere in between. Femininity doesn't belong only to females, just as masculinity doesn't belong solely to males. I get that you're trying not to label the guy but don't you see that that's just another way of labeling someone? *scratches head*

Thing is, if you're merely talking about his more delicate programs and feathery skating style, then I get it, but if you're talking about his overall personality, that's where I'm stumped. I mean you've seen the way the guy carries himself most of the time. The guy is physically male and carries himself like one. Just because he turns soft and cutesy sometimes, why is he suddenly neither the way Weir seems to be neither? He walks and talks like a pretty typical dude most of the time. And I'm stating this as fact. Even his cutesiness doesn't necessarily have to be a feminine trait. It simply comes across as child-like to me, and doesn't necessarily conform to one gender. 

And why do people automatically jump to the conclusion that I'm discounting dominant females when I was simply talking about Hanyu coming across as an unmistakably dominant male to me? What has one got to do with another? I am genuinely curious. 

Yes, this time, I'm actually asking for it so for those who wish to discuss the issue, have at it. =D

1 hour ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

+everyone who felt what I said was "wrong"

The system of all these terms is too complex. How much time must be spent to understand it.

What is fey? 

What is cisgender?

Oh, I think Yuzu is a straight male and interprets things through those lens. His " masculine" behavior comes from this.

15 minutes ago, Coquelicot said:

Olympic Channel Podcast with Plushenko and Boitano. Just started listening to it, but Boitano is talking about him taking too much time off?  Like, Yuzu doesn't plan to take time off I don't know where he got that misinformation.  Desperate for a soundbite maybe?  Not to mention both Yuna Kim and Plushenko were able to take time off and come back pretty successfully.  Maybe they weren't quite as good as they were, but they were definitely competitive.  

Just for a slightly different point of view, because I know many of you are older than Yuzu, but as a 16 year old girl, he is very much a 'typical guy' to me. It might be because he's so much older, but the way he dresses off the ice and the way he talks is pretty on par with the college guys in my area, and I live in Asia at the moment.

He may show a more feminine side in his programs, like in haru yo koi, but he still screams 'I'm a male in my early twenties and I should be in college' to me. He has a very boyish charm, but doesn't seem that different from any other person his age.

He's very driven and admirable, and combined with his skating and boyish charm is probably why I have such a massive crush on him *hides*:tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp:

Like I wish guys like him were interested in me.

Just IMO, he seems straight and very, very comfortable being male.

Disclaimer in case of misunderstanding: I do not in any way think that being anything other than cis and straight is abnormal in a bad way, da da da da da...have no intention to offend anyone.

2 時間前, moonkatさんが言いました:

The system of all these terms is too complex. How much time must be spent to understand it.

What is fey? 

What is cisgender?

Oh, I think Yuzu is a straight male and interprets things through those lens. His " masculine" behavior comes from this.

Even after looking up the definition in dictionaries, at the end of the day, I feel the definition of fey is still something that is open to interpretation. I don't think I'm wrong to find Hanyu's skating style fey. But I also don't think those who find Weir's style more suitable for the term wrong either, even though his style doesn't particularly fit my notion of the term.

And I'm aware that gender identification isn't something quite so simple for some but as far as Hanyu goes, he's pretty firmly in the male territory. * And even though I get that this may rub some the wrong way--though given the topic at hand I'm not sure why it would, not everything has to be gray--I'm not stating this as an opinion. He's so firmly a dude's dude, I genuinely don't think it really garners this whole debate of gender identity. Which is always complicated and sensitive. I really don't think it has much to do with Hanyu himself. 

His orientation has absolutely no bearing on what's being discussed here and would only serve to derail the topic at hand so let's not bring that into the discussion. Not that it's even up for one since that is entirely his own business. I think he's hopelessly attracted to electronics and a complete slut for audio devices and their peripherals and that is the extent of my thoughts about that particular topic.

*This is different from what I was talking about earlier regarding my perception of him as an alpha-type. That one remains my perception. But the male bit, that one I'm stating as fact because it's really pretty darn obvious.