General Yuzuru Chat

Umm, also remember, Yuzuru himself has shown he is perfectly aware of the fact that you can cheerfully say less than flattering things about people you care about (Nobu, for a few dozen examples. And remember his sweet 'bye' to Javi after the birthday skate from Spain... followed by, basically, a 'that skate was quite baaaddd....') without it meaning the care is in any way dented.

2 minutes ago, TallyT said:

Umm, also remember, Yuzuru himself has shown he is perfectly aware of the fact that you can cheerfully say less than flattering things about people you care about (Nobu, for a few dozen examples. And remember his sweet 'bye' to Javi after the birthday skate from Spain... followed by, basically, a 'that skate was quite baaaddd....') without it meaning the care is in any way dented.

Yuzuru is well aware of drag culture. :laughing:

Oh Dear, isn't it time to cut this... conversation? Let us just accept that we have different opinions on how Yuzu see things and move on.

Personally I think this costume discussion as totally harmless and Yuzu would not be offended even though he read how we spent our time to discuss it. (And I am sure he knows about this forum. The guy is happy to say nothing via social media to his fans but surely he knows how to use the internet and lurking here and there when he has time)

Most importantly, the guy knows better to expect all fans to accept all his costumes. Heck, even costumes as beautiful as Notte Stellata and Haru Yo Koi cannot be accepted by everyone. It never stop him to wear those, right? 

hace 9 minutos , Erin said:

Why would you think that Yuzu would think that? Is that how you think of him? Someone stupid who can't differentiate fond dragging from hate? I'm pretty sure his Japanese fans have been dragging him far longer than we do here and i sure hope Yuzu knows that it's only dragging and not hate. 

Do you want a forum that only sing him praises? Like a cult? That would be... creepy. I'm no blind follower. And Yuzu is not a god. An alien perhaps, but not a god.

No, that one can find something disappointed doesn’t mean one is stupid. I'm sure Yuzu is clever enough to take good from bad but still, I can't help to think he is human and could feel disappointed. And being less agressive than his haters in Japan don't make people who criticize him here better. 

I almost forget that people goes to forums to have fun themselves at the expense of famous people. So let them be, have fun with critics and jokes all around whatever he does or wears. I give up. 

5 minutes ago, Lenylan said:

No, that one can find something disappointed doesn’t mean one is stupid. I'm sure Yuzu is clever enough to take good from bad but still, I can't help to think he is human and could feel disappointed. And being less agressive than his haters in Japan don't make people who criticize him here better. 

I almost forget that people goes to forums to have fun themselves at the expense of famous people. So let them be, have fun with critics and jokes all around whatever he does or wears. I give up. 

‘Being less aggressive than his haters in Japan doesn’t make people who criticize him here better’ 

Do you, in all honesty, think that people not liking the WoW costume is the equivalent to the vile things some Japanese haters have said? If so then, yeah I’m glad you give up. 

8 hours ago, Lenylan said:

"Have fun themselves at the expense of someone famous". I don't see it like that. I see it like "my little brother has once again done something both funny and adorable at the same time that i can't help but tease him about it". I hope you can see the difference. If not, then i give up too. 

And i was not talking about his Japanese haters, i was talking about his Japanese fans who post on Twitter funny stuff that drag him. 

I agree with xeyra that perhaps this simply isn't the thread or forum for you. [Admin edit: Negative mention of other platforms]

3 minutes ago, Lenylan said:

Criticism does not equal agression. This forum is not less aggressive than the Japanese ones because it's not aggressive to begin with. Mild and pretty rare criticism incorporated  into warm jokes that's what we get here

1 hour ago, Lenylan said:

I just hope Yuzu never know about this forum or tries to see what there is here because it would be very disappointed tbh. I'm picturing him saying "ah... this comes from people that support me" 

And no, if the costume of Wings of words looked horrible for some, for others like me it wasn't, so it's not a fact. 

I don't really understand why you think he is being disrespected here. We joke a lot and tend to exaggerate but we are also gushing 99% of the time and as you said what some of us don't like, others do. We just discuss it, share our opinions, and move along while remaining civil. Honestly, if the kind of criticism we have here is as bad or disrespectful as you are making it to be, then my family really hate me since I have been criticized excessively by them all my life :laughing:  (except I know it was all coming from love with no malice or hate).

As for Dory, it is just a nickname given to the costume because of the color scheme and nothing else. Even the Haru yo koi costume was compared to a fish at some point because of the ruffles and we are all (mostly) in love with it. The whole thing is just for fun and I don't see why Yuzu would be upset by it. People have been complaining about the boob skirt (R&J 2) for years now and that never bothered him or made him change himself.

We are a bunch of people with a mutual appreciation for an amazing skater and a wonderful human being, which makes us friends (at least that is how I feel). We welcome you here and hope you can change your opinion of the planet by interacting and talking with us more. May I suggest you spend some time going through the different topics on the forum to see how much we love and appreciate Yuzu and each other :tumblr_m9gcv6So5s1qzckow:

ETA: I just realized that you have been a member since May 2017 and now I am more confused.. Maybe this is really not the kind of place you would be comfortable in but I will say it again, you are welcome here to chat with us and to disagree and we would love to have you around, but please be respectful of the people here, there is no need to attack others or hurt their feelings 

9 minutes ago, Neenah said:

As for Dory, it is just a nickname given to the costume because of the color scheme and nothing else. Even the Haru yo koi costume was compared to a fish at some point because of the ruffles and we are all (mostly) in love with it.

There is a whole thread comparing yuzu’s costumes to fish or pokemon and i really do enjoy it:biggrin: (on twitter not here but anyway)

@Lenylan I'm also curious so I checked out your profile and found out you've been a satellite since May 1, 2017. I hope you got to see how much love and support for Yuzu have been expressed here since then. May I ask what prompted you to say now that we should only say good things about Yuzu? Was it really just because of the Dory costume? I hope we can make you feel at home here once again. 

39 minutes ago, vanadiezz said:

Personally I think this costume discussion as totally harmless and Yuzu would not be offended even though he read how we spent our time to discuss it.

I think, being a remarkably level-headed young athlete, he is probably simply bemused and probably amused if he ever sees what vast amounts of virtual words are expended all over the internet in discussing every last stitch and sequin, way more than all the other men (hell, probably all the ladies) combined...

6 minutes ago, TallyT said:

I think, being a remarkably level-headed young athlete, he is probably simply bemused and probably amused if he ever sees what vast amounts of virtual words are expended all over the internet in discussing every last stitch and sequin, way more than all the other men (hell, probably all the ladies) combined...

He does wear a lot of sequin, so a lot of verbiage about it is expected. :laughing:

2 hours ago, Neenah said:

Do you guys see it?

9N0zInF.jpg

source: screen shot made by me

Hopefully this hasn't been shared before and I totally missed it because I am very proud of my discovery (yes, I need to get a life)

that kid is sooooo cute, I can't:tumblr_inline_mzx8zzarLt1r8msi5:

it took me some serious effort to see that, it's hard to focus on the background with a gorgeous Zu right there in front of your eyes :eeking:

you've got some serious skills, teach me your way sensei :bow:

3 hours ago, dotsquare said:

They're saying the height of Ronaldo's jump while he was celebrating his goal was so high he could probably do quads if he tried. Classic Japan :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

Nope, he wouldn't be able to rotate fast enough :P  try again, Japan!

5 minutes ago, Bilge said:

There is a whole thread comparing yuzu’s costumes to fish or pokemon and i really do enjoy it:biggrin: (on twitter not here but anyway)

I love that account (and some fishes are really beautiful).

There's also an account comparing Nathan to Nike trainers LOL (strangely fitting:laughing: and it's funny how, insetad, Yuzu is compared to things of nature, beautiful things)

under spoiler for those who don't want to keep reading about the criticism topic

Spoiler
18 minutes ago, Lenylan said:

I just hope Yuzu never know about this forum or tries to see what there is here because it would be very disappointed tbh. I'm picturing him saying "ah... this comes from people that support me" 

And no, if the costume of Wings of words looked horrible for some, for others like me it wasn't, so it's not a fact. 

that's a bit harsh and uncalled for and I guess we're just going to agree to disagree on this, and I'm sorry for that but it's also ok.

tbh, a forum is meant for people with a common interest to discuss (other than for gushing:laughing:), not as place where the guy the forum is about needs to go to boost his own ego . And I don't think Yuzuru is the kind of person who needs blind love, from all his personal experience he knows every person has different tastes and opinions, he knows his fandom is very diverse and everyone has different opinions too and he knows there can be disagreement but it doesn't mean it's either 100%love or 100%hate. Without the ability to take criticisms and use them to improve he wouldn't even be the Yuzuru we all know and love, it's only fair a forum about him would try to follow the same kind of dynamics, being open to discussion and criticism and self-dragging...we do that a lot, too, when we joke about losing hair and being crazy and our wallets weeping and so on)

If Yuzu were to read this forum, I hope he'd enjoy it, find some interesting comments, ponder over how he can further improve and even have a good laugh. Even at himself. It's not like there isn't a constant outpour of love in so many posts and threads... I think he'd be proud to see the diversity of opinion, and how so many people from every corner of the world can find a common ground in appreciating him.

I believe the intention behind words matters a lot when fans give nicknames to Yuzuru's costumes... and of course some costume look good to some and questionable to others, but thanks to people who say why they appreciate a costume, other people can come to do the same or become neutral... so thank you for your input about WoW.

tbh there's hardly any costume of Yuzu that isn't both disliked and loved to death, so it's not like the WoW costume it's a first... but it's easy to identify it with a nickname like Dory, and it's also kinda of affectionate&familiar. As other said, it's the kind of thing you do in your family or between close friends

example: my dad used to call my sister "little toad" (I swear it sounded cuter in italian LOL), but it's not like he really thought she was a toad. it would have been different if a stranger came there and said "hey you little toad", I'm sure both my sis and my dad would have taken issues with that:laughing:

Heck, a famous football player like Messi is nicknamed as the Flea, I don't think he'd feel disappointed with his fans using the term all the time...

48 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Yuzu has read horrible things about himself on the internet - but surely he read none of them here. 

There are hundreds of thousands of comments of love and support for him here, and if he ever got to read them, I have no doubt it made him very happy. Only knowing that there is a whole site on the internet dedicated to him, where mature people from all over the world talk about not only him, but skating in general, should make him very proud that he's been able to motivate people the way he did. 

Yes to this. And I believe he'd be very happy and proud to know that thanks to him more people are getting in love with figure skating and thanks to him they're also broadening their horizon when it comes to different opinions and cultures. Discussing things is the best way to challenge one's views.

12 minutes ago, TallyT said:

Amused, bemused, and maybe fuel him to make an even more outrageous one? Like being kuyashii about his costume? :rofl:

4 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

I love that account (and some fishes are really beautiful).

There's also an account comparing Nathan to Nike trainers LOL (strangely fitting:laughing: and it's funny how, insetad, Yuzu is compared to things of nature, beautiful things)

I like the one that compare Yuzu with cats and Shoma with dogs too.  :10636614:

All this time I thought Dory was a cute nickname for Yuzu's WoW costume. Never thought it could be thought of as any other way. :sadPooh: (I personally prefer the name to boobskirt or lettuce.)

Anyway, I remember a tumblr edit of WoW's costume with a grayscale color scheme, which with washing out the stark differences between blue and yellow, made the costume tolerable. Lo and behold! *Sota Yamamoto came through in HF Nagano. Lol maybe he as a fan noticed.

*edit: to correct name T_T