General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, Lenylan said:

Yes, people can express their opinion, but if this forum doesn't have his name on it, i wouldn't say a thing or even I wouldn't be here in the first place. It's the fact that this forum is supposed to supporting him what make the critics even more annoying. 

I would just like to say that had the "criticism" come from an anti, we fanyus would be up in arms to defend whatever it is about Yuzu the antis are criticizing. I think that it is because this IS a forum for Yuzu that we can freely express our opinions about his choices. Where else but in our home? It's a fond dragging, like when i see my nephews and nieces wear or do something so funny to me that i can't help but fondly tease them about it. I also do it with my friends, and them with me. 

So what i'm trying to say is, please don't think that we don't sincerely support Yuzu just because we say we don't like one of his gazillion costumes. But now that i've thoroughly brainwashed my self into thinking that Dory is actually pretty, i'm happy to say that i once again love ALL of Yuzu's costumes. 

ETA: I "learned" to like Dory due to the help of our fellow satellites here. They gave their different opinions about it. So i think that expressing our opinions here is fine since we're all family here. We can give different perspectives. I really appreciate all the satellites here who share their thoughts. They're very insightful and make me think beyond my own beliefs. Sometimes the topic can be quite sensitive (at least for me) but i really think everything has been discussed maturely. 

I hope this would not discourage you from staying in this forum where we fellow fanyus cry, laugh, be proud, and facepalm about Yuzu every minute of everyday.

Since we're raising our person views on this topic, here's mine. Lots of love satellites! 

1) everyone here loves Yuzu

2) love does not and should not mean unconditional acceptance of all choices. That is disrespectful and dangerous. When we love someone we want the best for them, and that can and should include positive, helpful criticism. A mother who loves her child would not let them do whatever the heck they want and cheer them on no matter what they do. A mother who truly loved her child would discipline them, would teach them, would raise them right. 

3) we are a supportive safe community! A place where we can cut loose and respectfully raise differing opinions, fears, worries in safety and without fear of judgement. And also joke and troll and say things that, as someone  else commented, would make us mad if it came from a random anti. But within this safe space, we KNOW that it all comes from a place of love, and that does change things.  

4) the mods do an amazing group of keeping things within the boundaries of being respectful :)

TLDR: 

different opinions and disagreements, even with Yuzu, are fine, as long as it's all done respectfully and from a place of love! 

:kitty:

hace 51 minutos , Moria Polonius said:

I'm not sure if this is it, re dragging, but I think lots of fans feel the need to "humanize" their idol, not to treat him like a total god, knock them off the pedestal a little. That way we can go into full fawning/worship mode without feeling like total creeps. Hence the Dory, the boobskirt, the sea lettuce.

I don't considere to ask for respect for someone who is working hard to show the best to the audience is to make him and idol or god. Precisely because he is an human being he deserves the respect that I should have for any person I know

hace 52 minutos , xeyra said:

Plus being someone's fan doesn't and shouldn't mean being completely blind to their faults. Wings of Words' costume was terrible, it's okay to say so! I didn't like the song either, so it wasn't a program I appreciated all that much, it happens.

I just hope Yuzu never know about this forum or tries to see what there is here because it would be very disappointed tbh. I'm picturing him saying "ah... this comes from people that support me" 

And no, if the costume of Wings of words looked horrible for some, for others like me it wasn't, so it's not a fact. 

5 minutes ago, TallyT said:

My three and a half cents? Yuzuru is as we say, human, and all humans have faults.  He has to.  But from where we and the rest of the world sit they are unusually few and far between, he's an utterly extraordinary young man both on the ice and off... if the worst thing we can do is lovingly decry his more OTT outfits, both we and he are doin' all right with the fannishness, folks.

(Most of my other idols big and small take a fair bit more indulgence - and inspire way more gentle mockery - on a sadly regular basis. But I still love them heaps.)

16 minutes ago, Lenylan said:

I just hope Yuzu never know about this forum or tries to see what there is here because it would be very disappointed tbh. I'm picturing him saying "ah... this comes from people that support me" 

And no, if the costume of Wings of words looked horrible for some, for others like me it wasn't, so it's not a fact. 

So do you think fans should universally praise and support every single action he makes ever?

15 minutes ago, Lenylan said:

Yuzu has read horrible things about himself on the internet - but surely he read none of them here. 

There are hundreds of thousands of comments of love and support for him here, and if he ever got to read them, I have no doubt it made him very happy. Only knowing that there is a whole site on the internet dedicated to him, where mature people from all over the world talk about not only him, but skating in general, should make him very proud that he's been able to motivate people the way he did. 

18 minutes ago, Lenylan said:

Why would you think that Yuzu would think that? Is that how you think of him? Someone stupid who can't differentiate fond dragging from hate? I'm pretty sure his Japanese fans have been dragging him far longer than we do here and i sure hope Yuzu knows that it's only dragging and not hate. 

Do you want a forum that only sing him praises? Like a cult? That would be... creepy. I'm no blind follower. And Yuzu is not a god. An alien perhaps, but not a god.

25 minutes ago, Lenylan said:

I guess you take being a fan of someone completely differently from me, and believe a fan forum should be filled with unconditional acceptance. That's not how the world works and much like you believe Yuzuru would be disappointed at finding a forum that has fans of his who criticize some of his choices, I happen to believe he wouldn't like to find only people who say 'yes, amazing!' to everything he does.

By the way, I didn't say the costume being horrible was a fact, I said it was okay to say so if one thought it was. I happen to dislike it and so I said so. I'm sorry, Yuzu, that I don't love everything you do or wear, but still love you!

8 hours ago, skateIT said:

So do you think fans should universally praise and support every single action he makes ever?

No, but I think if one doesn't have anything good to say, better don't say anything or change the name of the forum [Admin edit: Negative mention of other platforms]

21 minutes ago, Lenylan said:

I doubt he would be disappointed  . And being the perfetionist he is he would definitely appreciate  constructive criticism from from people who love and support him.  Saying the costume could be better  has never turned anyone to a hater or contradicted a fact that we support him.

1 minute ago, Lenylan said:

No, but I think if one doesn't have anything good to say, better don't say anything or change the name of the forum and it would be goldenskate II

I fail to see the difference. ‘Only praise and support all his actions’ and ‘dont say things that aren’t good’ get you the same end result. 

1 minute ago, Lenylan said:

No, but I think if one doesn't have anything good to say, better don't say anything or change the name of the forum and it would be goldenskate II

I don't think the issue is us in this forum not being silent if we don't like some of Yuzuru's costumes or programs. I think it may be simply that this isn't the type of forum for you, or at least this thread isn't. It's okay, I'm sure there'll be other places where one can speak only positive things about Yuzu and keep silent whenever they don't like something. There's also the News and Updates section, where there'll be only facts and no opinions.