General Yuzuru Chat

Hace 8 horas, Naonica said:

Here's the YT link.

I don't know if it was secondhand embarassement that I felt or if I was just swept away by that cheesy smile at the end?

To quote one fine Shoma Uno: "Typically Yuzu-kun."

OMG I can't with the secondhand embarassement :Poohgaveup: :embSwan:

but the ladies rules :hand:

1 hour ago, Sammie said:

Follow this thread. We are being exposed on twitter  :peekapooh:

Glad to know that if I'm crazy I am in good company...:laughing:

And it's funny, I wonder why he can inspire such strong devotion (&similar behaviour) across different generations, countries & in general very different background:surprised:

11 hours ago, Naonica said:

Here's the YT link.

I don't know if it was secondhand embarassement that I felt or if I was just swept away by that cheesy smile at the end?

To quote one fine Shoma Uno: "Typically Yuzu-kun."

Yuzu's singing voice is more fleeting than 4A...

In the making of this video, after the close up shoot Yuzu exclaimed 'Oh I so want to skate!'.

I think he was more embarrassed than anybody else for doing the video shoot but being professional like he is, he just did it.

Shoma looked a bit confused. Maybe he was still sleepy:tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

8 hours ago, TallyT said:

But the way he bounces around backstage at comps, listening to his music and singing along, if he was THAT bad someone would have let it slip...

Me, I'm disappointed that Shoma (who looks like a schoolboy being made to dress up and really not happy about it :68468287:) didn't sing, I think that would have been even more priceless.

In the backstage all other athletes are on their own headphones/IEM, and I bet Yuzu is not the one to sing at the top of his lungs either, so I think the distraction is minimal(?)

I guess his singing voice would be okay (parts of the song is not that hard and he is super aware on music notes and his talking voice is quite normal too) but I could be wrong. 

Shoma looked so awkwardly cute in the video that I am quite okay to see him not singing on it. :10814716:

10 minutes ago, Neenah said:

Too many things happening today... I am so confused  :14066882:

Maybe Saturday should be renamed Yuzuday!! I've been up since 6am and all I have done today in nearly 5 hours is watch Yuzu-related stuff/read about Yuzuru!

(and drink coffee of course):sipping:

20 時間前, vanadiezzさんが言いました:

Half of me think that his singing voice must be so bad even auto tune cannot fix it. :rofl:

While the other half think that he just does not have time to actually make the separate voice recording part. :tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp:

20 時間前, Fayさんが言いました:

I somehow dread hearing his singing voice - because the experience might turn out to be like my Soviet childhood cartoon. 

Baron Munchhausen asking a peacock to sing...

Aw...I don't think he has a bad singing voice. From the very fleeting examples I've heard, he sounded like he had an okay voice but had trouble carrying certain notes (usually the high ones, like someone here mentioned). Otherwise, he sounds like he could carry a tune about as well as the average karaoke goer? I mean not the bad singers whose singing sounds more like caterwauling but the average ones who have a range they can handle but then go off-key when the music ventures out of their comfort zone. I'm one of these common ones.

But he doesn't seem to like showing the world stuff he can't excel at or at least is reasonably confident in (if he had any say in it) so I doubt we'd be hearing him sing any time soon. I think he'd sooner do an entire interview in English, lol. Lesser of two evils and all that.

3 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Aw...I don't think he has a bad singing voice. From the very fleeting examples I've heard, he sounded like he had an okay voice but had trouble carrying certain notes (usually the high ones, like someone here mentioned). Otherwise, he sounds like he could carry a tune about as well as the average karaoke goer? I mean not the bad singers whose singing sounds more like caterwauling but the average ones who have a range they can handle but then go off-key when the music ventures out of their comfort zone. I'm one of these common ones.

But he doesn't seem to like showing the world stuff he can't excel at or at least is reasonably confident in (if he had any say in it) so I doubt we'd be hearing him sing any time soon. I think he'd sooner do an entire interview in English, lol. Lesser of two evils and all that.

English interview is more likely IMO. He actually speaks pretty well, just vocabulary issue. I gradually got into a bad habit - whenever he said “I feel”, I started to pray that the next word is not “happy”. If it’s not happy then I instantly feel happy.