General Yuzuru Chat

7 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

His words makes me nervous... plushy the oracle :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

While I appreciate his confidence in Yuzu and would obviously love a 3-peat, I hope things like this don't make Yuzu feel obligated to stay in the sport longer than he himself feels like...

22 minutes ago, Coquelicot said:

Nooo I missed it!  What else did Plushenko say?

He talked about Yuzu's completeness as a skater and how he is the best and how he is his favorite. He loves Yuzu's jumps (in terms of great quality), spins, choreography.  He mentioned how other skaters may just have the jumps but not the choreography.  He also mentioned the evolution of quads and how in Vancouver he was the only one that did one (though I'm pretty sure Daisuke went for it but he might have fallen)  but guys are jumping them all now, like Chen. He thinks Yuzu can do the 4a and knows he was working on it before PC.  He thinks Yuzu is from another planet and thinks he could be in Beijing and possibly win it.  But he at least thinks Yuzu is going to strive for it.   Did I miss anything?

ETA:  No Plushenko wasn't the only one doing quads in Vancouver.  Evan was just able to win despite not having one:  http://www.isuresults.com/results/owg2010/owg10_Men_FS_Scores.pdf  - and looking at this, Lambiel tried for more quads. Plushy should have done a second toe instead of a 2A like he was able to do in the prior Olys. 

2 hours ago, axelnojutsu said:

While I appreciate his confidence in Yuzu and would obviously love a 3-peat, I hope things like this don't make Yuzu feel obligated to stay in the sport longer than he himself feels like...

On the contrary, they seem to be friends now so maybe he’s saying that because he has more personal insight on what yuzu’s plans are? I mean, I doubt he’s drawing his conclusion/prediction from the same information and interviews that we all see, he knows him and probably has more info. Idk, just a thought that came to me this morning.

6 minutes ago, skateIT said:

On the contrary, they seem to be friends now so maybe he’s saying that because he has more personal insight on what yuzu’s plans are? I mean, I doubt he’s drawing his conclusion/prediction from the same information and interviews that we all see, he knows him and probably has more info. Idk, just a thought that came to me this morning.

I don't know if Yuzu has told him anything actually. I just think Plushy is being enthusiastic. He probably sees a lot of himself in Yuzu when it comes to competitive drive and let's not forget they are the same ages for their Olympic cycles. Plushy was 19 in 2002 (OSM), 23 in 2006 (OGM), 27 in 2010 (OSM), 31 in 2014 (Team Gold, but could have had a singles OBM with no team event if he got anything close to his team score).