General Yuzuru Chat

50 minutes ago, Danibellerika said:

I think learning Spanish helped my Japanese pronunciation. I hear Mandarin is harder upfront due to the tones (and Cantonese for that matter which I hear has 9 tones compared to Mandarin's 5), but over time it becomes easier. Japanese is the reverse as the grammar becomes complicated. Complicated enough for there to be 3 grammar dictionaries 600-800 pages each:

https://www.amazon.com/Dictionary-Japanese-Learning-Language-Intermediate/dp/B01M3T4NJP/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1528913161&sr=8-3&keywords=dictionary+of+japanese+grammar&dpID=51jrz1XkO2L&preST=_SX218_BO1,204,203,200_QL40_&dpSrc=srch

I have them all. Gotta read it like story time, over and over :rofl3:Like an epic fantasy trilogy.  Lord of the Rings ain't got nothing on these!! 

The King and the Queen!! All is well in the world, folks!! These two could write a book about defying odds! 

Omg, I want to cry. And buy some grammar books. :13877886:

1 час назад, Danibellerika сказал:

Japanese is the reverse as the grammar becomes complicated

I agree. At first I thought that kanji will be the hardest part (it still is),  but when the grammar became more complicated I thought wtf I didn't write for this :59227c768286a__s:  And I'm still learning more simple one. Especially when you have several ways to explain for example why smth happened and need to use different ways in different cases.

To be less OT I now understand better why English is hard for Yuzu it's very different from Japanese and it's not like he ever was that much interested in it, had more fun things to do :rofl3:

I can relate, I like studying Japanese cuz I like Yuzu and Japanese culture, whish I was that much invested into my work stuff:rofl3:

26 minutes ago, Lunna said:

I agree. At first I thought that kanji will be the hardest part (it still is),  but when the grammar became more complicated I thought wtf I didn't write for this :59227c768286a__s:  And I'm still learning more simple one. Especially when you have several ways to explain for example why smth happened and need to use different ways in different cases.

To be less OT I now understand better why English is hard for Yuzu it's very different from Japanese and it's not like he ever was that much interested in it, had more fun things to do :rofl3:

I can relate, I like studying Japanese cuz I like Yuzu and Japanese culture, whish I was that much invested into my work stuff:rofl3:

It's weird to say but now that I have found more effective ways of studying kanji it's not quite as difficult anymore (still not a complete walk in the park though, but it doesn't feel quite as hopeless as before).  At this point grammar feels more challenging. I just regret not studying kanji earlier on when I was first learning Japanese.  Schooling likes to hold it off for too long, using hiragana as a crutch.  I used to think it'd be easier if everything was only in hiragana. And I was reliant on manga style with furigana above the kanji so that I wasn't as motivated to learn it. But now that I can read kanji, looking at sentences totally in hiragana has become harder since it's hard to tell where one word ends and another begins.  

As for Yuzu, I hear he wants to learn Russian too. I am curious from his perspective if he will tell us which one is more difficult to learn between English and Russian.  Russian also seems really complicated, harder than English. He shoots for the moon, I tell ya!:satellite:

Er... Russian is a difficult language. Both from a pronunciation point of view and grammar. I once described the vagaries of using numerals with nouns (ok, not quite using different numerals with different class of nouns, I grant you that, but the system of noun cases after a numeral is something you will have some difficulty grasping, I guess). And you have to decline everything - nouns, adjectives, numerals... 

Perfective/non-perfective verbs and verb forms are also said to be very hard. Though there aren’t so many verb grammar forms. 

1 час назад, Danibellerika сказал:

As for Yuzu, I hear he wants to learn Russian too. I am curious from his perspective if he will tell us which one is more difficult to learn between English and Russian.  Russian also seems really complicated, harder than English. He shoots for the moon, I tell ya!

Well, proper Russian is even hard for native speakers :headdesk: but for simple communication maybe it's not that awful. When Yuzu spoke a couple of words in Russian it was very cute :tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp: and Japanese that are learning Russian mostly have not that bad accent

On 6/11/2018 at 1:58 AM, skateIT said:

Anyone else order CiONTU merch internationally? It seems merch has been delivered in Japan, and some who used jp homemaker have received notification that their's has shipped. I used cdjapan and no news so far, but I'm hoping it will also be shipped soon!

On 6/11/2018 at 3:00 AM, Hydroblade said:

I haven't received anything from CD Japan either. At least I know it's not just me :P

Slightly off topic, but I remembered these posts as I checked the CDJapan website just now and found this notice: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/info/20180601.

So it looks like we can expect some delay... 

1 hour ago, Sammie said:

I never seen this before. He looks amazing in that color.  :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

23 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Why wouldn't they zoom out! That reminds me of the Chelsea kit. 

It's the old samurai blue kit, and so much better than what they have now. :crazyshit2:

This video is old and I guess him cheering for the football team is coming up again because World Cup begins tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

It's the old samurai blue kit, and so much better than what they have now. :crazyshit2:

This video is old and I guess him cheering for the football team is coming up again because World Cup begins tomorrow.

:thanks: Of course, that makes about a million times more sense! :laughing: 

5 hours ago, Rainna said:

Slightly off topic, but I remembered these posts as I checked the CDJapan website just now and found this notice: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/info/20180601.

So it looks like we can expect some delay... 

Thank you for sharing this, I'm so disappointed in them though. Had I known they were moving warehouses, I would have used another proxy. :tumblr_m9ranru0Dx1qdlkyg: I want my Continues with Wings merch!!!