General Yuzuru Chat

17 時間前, dotsquareさんが言いました:

Maybe it's different now, but in the 2015 Asaichi interview, he did say his costumes had to be hand washed, and that if he had back to back performances he would just hang them out to dry out the sweat. He never specified who actually did the hand washing, but it's probably his mum :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

Oh yea, I remember that appearance and what he said. But he had less than two days and I highly doubt he sent it back unwashed and dripped dry so I just drew the next logical conclusion. I mean, it's what I would have done, considering I won't be needing it anymore for a while and it needs to be cleaned and somewhere else fast (there's still the transportation and setup time to consider and all. Niigata ain't far, it's practically the next prefecture over, really, but the city itself is still a couple of hours' drive away).

18 hours ago, dotsquare said:

Maybe it's different now, but in the 2015 Asaichi interview, he did say his costumes had to be hand washed, and that if he had back to back performances he would just hang them out to dry out the sweat. He never specified who actually did the hand washing, but it's probably his mum :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:

1 hour ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Oh yea, I remember that appearance and what he said. But he had less than two days and I highly doubt he sent it back unwashed and dripped dry so I just drew the next logical conclusion. I mean, it's what I would have done, considering I won't be needing it anymore for a while and it needs to be cleaned and somewhere else fast (there's still the transportation and setup time to consider and all. Niigata ain't far, it's practically the next prefecture over, really, but the city itself is still a couple of hours' drive away).

It's interesting topics do come up everyday...

I did a quick search and this author stating dry cleaning for those delicate.bling costumes aren't recommended.

Instead, some interesting method using vodka... :sparkles.001:

https://www.racked.com/2017/3/10/14790558/rhinestone-beaded-bedazzled-vodka

3 minutes ago, Pamigena said:

Wasn't there something about him getting skin irritation from rubbing alcohol? Spraying his costumes with vodka sounds like a mean thing to do then :laughing:

it evaporates, just like any other liquid. Eventually. 

2 minutes ago, Pamigena said:

Wasn't there something about him getting skin irritation from rubbing alcohol? Spraying his costumes with vodka sounds like a mean thing to do then :laughing:

He mentioned being sensitive to alchohol in the same Asaichi interview with regards to his surgery. 

In all seriousness it’s probably fine if he sprays alcohol in solution on his costumes since he’ll wear it again after it dries. A high isopropyl alcohol should evaporate very quickly. 

On 6/12/2018 at 9:53 AM, SuzyQ said:

Welcome to the infamous bizarre world of Japanese :176:

Just joking :biggrin:    Japanese may be unique but it's spoken by humans not aliens, although its uniqueness is actually a barrier for Japanese as well to master other languages.   Yuzuru is a good Japanese speaker, very logical and persuasive, but still he is struggling with English.    

I received a standard English education at school in Japan for 8 years and stayed with a host family in London for a year.  After started working, I took a training course for interpretation twice a week for almost a year.  I'm still struggling with the difficulty in handling a foreign language.  I also took French course for 2 years, but now I only remember several words.  It's true, if you don't use it, you forget it easily.  Many multilingual people in this thread.  I really admire them. 

Chinese and Japanese use Chinese characters.  But mind you there are differences in many ways just like a trap.

For example,

手紙 in Japanese means a letter, but I heard it means toilet paper in Chinese.

愛人 in Chinese means a lover, but a mistress in Japanese.

As I said, because we use same characters, we have to be very careful.

Anyway, Japanese learners say the pronunciation is not so difficult compared to English or Chinese.  So, everyone, no fear :DancingAlien: 

I think learning Spanish helped my Japanese pronunciation. I hear Mandarin is harder upfront due to the tones (and Cantonese for that matter which I hear has 9 tones compared to Mandarin's 5), but over time it becomes easier. Japanese is the reverse as the grammar becomes complicated. Complicated enough for there to be 3 grammar dictionaries 600-800 pages each:

https://www.amazon.com/Dictionary-Japanese-Learning-Language-Intermediate/dp/B01M3T4NJP/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1528913161&sr=8-3&keywords=dictionary+of+japanese+grammar&dpID=51jrz1XkO2L&preST=_SX218_BO1,204,203,200_QL40_&dpSrc=srch

I have them all. Gotta read it like story time, over and over :rofl3:Like an epic fantasy trilogy.  Lord of the Rings ain't got nothing on these!! 

6 hours ago, ruruzest said:

photo bombing ! Pay attention to Me ! 

The King and the Queen!! All is well in the world, folks!! These two could write a book about defying odds!