General Yuzuru Chat

Famous Japanese in Vietnam:

1. Fujiko-F-Fujio (Creator of "Doraemon")

2. ABE Shinzo (Japanese PM)

3. Oshin (Heroine of a Japanese drama)

4. MIURA Toshiya (Former manager of the Vietnam national football team 2014-2016)

5. AOYAMA Gosho (Creator of "Detective Conan")

6. HANYU Yuzuru

7. NAKATA Hidetoshi (Football player)

8. KAGAWA Shinji (Football player)

9. MURAKAMI Haruki (Writer)

10. FUKUZAWA Yukichi (Thinker, educator, founder of Keio University)

They seem to love football and Manga, no doubt.  I was surprised by the name of FUKUZAWA Yukichi.  Why is he so famous?

1 hour ago, SuzyQ said:

1. Fujiko-F-Fujio (Creator of Draemon)

4. MIURA Toshiya (Former manager of the Vietnam national football team 2014-2016)

6. HANYU Yuzuru

They seem to love football and Manga, no doubt.  I was surprised by the name of FUKUZAWA Yukichi.  Why is he so famous?

I forgot who I had been talking to, but wow they guessed right about the ranking! Yuzu at 6 is pretty good.

Kind of surprised to see out of all the Japanese footballers Nakata and my man Kagawa made it. :)

1 hour ago, SuzyQ said:

6. HANYU Yuzuru

Seeing that my fellow countrymen know more about the creator of Doraemon than the PM of Japan :1: I thought Murakami san would be higher than Yuzu due to the no. of times I've come across his name but wow! :68556365:

1 hour ago, SuzyQ said:

6. HANYU Yuzuru

So all of my efforts to preach about Yuzu to everyone I know in Vietnam only results in ranking number 6 for Yuzu ?????

this is a crime !:hachimaki:

2 minutes ago, ruruzest said:

So all of my efforts to preach about Yuzu to everyone I know in Vietnam only results in ranking number 6 for Yuzu ?????

this is a crime !:hachimaki:

I know right. We must try harder :hachimaki::hachimaki::hachimaki:  #6thisnotenough Meme as per profile pic

22 minutes ago, SuzyQ said:

I noticed there was an enthusiastic Yuzu fan(s) in Vietnam long time ago when I saw the video of "Spirits of Athletes - 2012 version" with Vietnamese sub.

Was it you, VyVy99 ?  :coolio:

Oh that! Hahaha it was way back in 2014. The credit goes to our Yuzuru Vietnamese Fanpage on Facebook :68468287: Which is a pretty big one and is getting steadily bigger <3 Though I'd love to translate for V-fans, sadly I don't know Japanese, so I can't help in that field. All I can do is maybe help the new fans by flooding them with sources so they can fall deeper into the Yuzu pit of doom/glory. Also I've sucessfully transformed one of my friends into a fanyu :yes2:

2 hours ago, VyVy99 said:

Oh that! Hahaha it was way back in 2014. The credit goes to our Yuzuru Vietnamese Fanpage on Facebook :68468287: Which is a pretty big one and is getting steadily bigger <3 Though I'd love to translate for V-fans, sadly I don't know Japanese, so I can't help in that field. All I can do is maybe help the new fans by flooding them with sources so they can fall deeper into the Yuzu pit of doom/glory. Also I've sucessfully transformed one of my friends into a fanyu :yes2:

Can I ask you a question? Please ignore if it's too personal or you just don't feel like answering it. I've never been part of an international fandom before and I'm amazed by not just the number of languages people speak but how well they speak them. There are people here who speak Russian/Japanese/English in addition to other languages on this forum. You're from VN, but your English is perfect. I speak two languages, but do so because because I grew up speaking them. The other languages I tried to learn later in life were complete fails on my part and I have lost them both! Please tell me your secret - how did you (and other multilingual posters) pick up and maintain the languages you speak (assuming you didn't speak from birth)? 

1 minute ago, k8y said:

Can I ask you a question? Please ignore if it's too personal or you just don't feel like answering it. I've never been part of an international fandom before and I'm amazed by not just the number of languages people speak but how well they speak them. There are people here who speak Russian/Japanese/English in addition to other languages on this forum. You're from VN, but your English is perfect. I speak two languages, but do so because because I grew up speaking them. The other languages I tried to learn later in life were complete fails on my part and I have lost them both! Please tell me your secret - how did you (and other multilingual posters) pick up and maintain the languages you speak (assuming you didn't speak from birth)? 

I’m ethnically Tatar, was born in Russia, so speak Russian too, and I qualified as a teacher of English. Also acquired basic French and German, but these have rusted down to dust now.