General Yuzuru Chat

If we're debating this much, I can just imagine Yuzu sitting in his room doing every possible calculation of eventualities. And then proceeding to go to TCC and spending more time closeted with Brian and/or the other coaches and discussing everything again. 

1 hour ago, Xen said:

I'm not too worried about Yuzu, honestly. He'll be fine, especially as he's the crazy guy who can do 2 3A+combo jumping passes in the second half, as pretty much last jumping pass. The part I find stifling a bit, is I expect to see all the second half jumps just get done in the first 20 secs of second half mark, since there's no incentive to do otherwise. Yuzu might be the only one who would have the guts to do something like //jump-jump-jump- Spin-chSq-jump-spin. I expect more uniform //jump-jump-jump-chsq-spin-spin coming out.

On the other hand...wonder how he feels about 4F now.

I'm not a skater, but wouldn't 3 jumps back to back (and even combos) be awfully tiring for the skater ? Isn't it the reason why it doesn't happen already with the current rules ? Or is there a rule I'm not aware of ?

3 minutes ago, Altie said:

I'm not a skater, but wouldn't 3 jumps back to back (and even combos) be awfully tiring for the skater ? Isn't it the reason why it doesn't happen already with the current rules ? Or is there a rule I'm not aware of ?

:offtopic:

Spoiler

With the current rules?

Milan WC 2018.

Osmond:  //3Lo 3F 3S2T2Lo 2A

Wakaba: //3Lz3T 3Lo 2A2T2Lo 3F

Satton: //3Lz2T2Lo 2A3T 2S ChSq1 2A

Bradie Tennell: //2A3T 3Lz2T2Lo 3Lo 3S

LeCavelier (13th): //2A3T 3Lo2T 3Lz1Lo2S...end with 2A

So far for ladies, even at 13th place, a lot of skaters can do 4 jumps already in 2nd half, with quite a number opting to go with 2 combos in the bonus section, and many even doing the 3 jump combo there. So yeah...nothing that most skaters can't do on the ladies side.

Men's side:

skipping directly to no 5 Dennis V: //3Lo 3Lz1Lo3S 2A2T 3F 3Lz

No 11 Keegan Messing:// 4T 3S3T 3A Spin 2Lo ChSq 3F

No 13 Majorov: //3A 2A3T 3T2T2Lo spin 3S

Actually a lot of guys do 3/5 distribution now. And if I look at the protocols, a lot of guys have at least 2 combos in the second half, the only line would be whether they do 4-3 combos in the latter half (think the top guys will squeeze in at least 1).

So it's possible because you could opt to distribute the bonus jumps even closer to the start of the latter half, and you don't need to distribute as many jumps to min/max because there's no point in going beyond 3-4 jumps. So it's actually, stamina wise potentially easier.

Anyways, this really should move into gen skating chat. =/

6 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

what did i miss

Mathematical formula for determining if you're an aunty fan or not.

Moving on to the rules change: I don't see that it will make much difference to Yuzu, he's determined to win under any rules system. As long as the ISU doesn't go back to the old, corruption prone 6 point system or try to use ordinal scoring, Yuzu is capable of winning.

I expect he'll solve it like a math problem and it's going to be fun to see what he comes up with.

Will the rules change force more uniformity of layout? Maybe. Would that be a bad thing? Not necessarily. It will make it easier to compare apples to apples and might make things like over- or underscoring more transparent. If two or more skaters are doing 3A at the same place in their program, we'll start getting an idea of what a 3A at that point in the program should generally be and know who's doing it better or worse.

Personally, what I think will happen is this is going to affect the music that people use for their programs. Some of the old faves might fall out of use, different rhythms might come into play.

Yuzuru is definitely going to be fine no matter what rules they put in place. It is the perk of being a well rounded complete skater with amazing technique and artistry, which should make it easier for him to adjust. IMO it is skaters with clear deficiencies (technical or artistic) who should worry when rules change because it may hit them where it hurts.

Though Yuzu's biggest problem is overthinking and it can happen with any set of rules  :laughing:

8 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

*prays for Carmen and Michael Buble to be banished*

...oh I don't think that's going to happen. Check for warhorses that at the 2-2:40 mark have a good build up for jumps. 

Carmen is well, Carmen. She's going to habenera and l'amour her way for eternity. 

Hace 17 horas, ralucutzagy said:

I didnt saw this before! :heart: he's laying on the ice, right?? :img_20:

De8HlWgUcAEL_3a.jpg

By the way, I love the costume! Gorgeous! :img_21:

The color red really suit him. I hope we see him with another costume with that color.