General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, Whee1000 said:

@Hydroblade and Anaheim maybe!

:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: i will definitely get a singles tickettt:hachimaki:

46 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

LOL. Well in a sense, Brian is also a citizen of Planet Hanyu...:4:

There are some videos with the camera positioned in such a way that the seimei ending pose was right in front of our banner:tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid: made me feel all fuzzy inside

I so envy those of you guys who are just driving distant away from the competitions. :sorrow:

Oh the pain when you've saved enough for events tickets but have to x100 the effort to afford the flights tickets :headdesk:

But still! Crossing fingers for all those who decided on ACI that a certain somebody will show up :fingerscrossed:

27 minutes ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Hey, I might be one of those aunty fans.. . comparable in age anyway...:pouty:

And oogling Yuzu on a plinth... isn't that kinda what the parade was all about? :peek:

Yeah I'm pretty sure I'm an auntie, too ( but young at heart!). And I will ogle Yuzu on a plinth (wishing he was in UA) 😂 

-- Announcement --

I'm going to run an update to Invision Community 4.3.3 in about 30 minutes.

The update looks like this: https://invisioncommunity.com/news/product-updates/invision-community-43-r1055/

It's a bit different than our normal updates because there will be product changes and not just bug fixes or whatnot. So the site might look a bit different after the update, and some of our plugins might not be compatible. I'm not sure what exactly will happen (although I don't expect anything major, from reading the link), but we probably won't know for sure until we do the update. If things do break we'll fix them, update them etc. as soon as possible. Just letting you guys know ahead of time in case there are changes that you're not familiar with or if some things suddenly stop working :thanks:

5 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Honestly, at this rate, if Yuzu wins any more stuff, they'll probably make him a UNESCO World Heritage site. 

If not him, then certainly the place where he keeps his stash...:smiley-laughing021:

Oh my, the emoji tab has completely changed. I'm at a loss for choice now...

7 hours ago, BWOZWaltz said:

I have seen several news or social posts regarding Yuzu's case that he is too young to receive or figure skater is not worthy of the award, etc. But I believe they have decided to give the award to Yuzu not just because he's achieved double OGM, also Yuzu's continual effort towards charity work for the disaster area was the major factor as well. 

Agreed! I think people don't understand that FS is a young person's sports. This twitter user elaborated on the age of the gold medalists and it's evident that most achieve it in their twenties. Even more than that... the defense of a gold medal is even harder - if not then it wouldn't have taken 66 years for someone else after Dick Button to achieve it. 

Moment of emotion.

Tomorrow I have my Asian history exam and after spending +12 hours on books plus work time, I felt inspired and after studying the rise of the Warrior social class in feudal Japan I rewatched Yuzuru's Seimei at the Olympics. 

It was perfect from start to finish. For me, his mistakes there were part of the performance, part of the fight... it moved me like it did the first time I saw it, maybe even more. 

The thing he did... the things he accomplished... he really went beyond the ideal, not only his, but everyone's ideal. That performance was everything I tell you.