General Yuzuru Chat

11 minutes ago, dotsquare said:

He's so unbelievably precious :10636614: That's the kind of smile that could make Brian's hair grow back :LOL:

I was thinking the opposite, to be honest. It's the cheeky smile of "I just did something...", and if I were Brian, I'd be thinking "oh dear, what did he do now, and what is he planning now?"

:LOL:

3 hours ago, yuzupon said:

Many people might not remember or simply wasn't there when it happened. But I remember when Zu moved to TCC there was such an uproar bcz he was already achieving high and people doubted the move to Orser would turn out well. Of course those who doubted were proven wrong, but there was a reason the uproar happened: Yuzu was already an elite skater under Nanami Abe.

Can we please properly appreciate what Nanami-sensei did with Zu (bearing in mind this all happened without full support by JSF, bcz Sendai) and not diminish it? TCC is great for Zu, but he wasn't a nobody when he moved there.

I've never seen any Hanyu fan not giving Nanami-sensei proper appreciation. She has always been held in very high esteem, just as she deserves.

5 minutes ago, Moria Polonius said:

I've never seen any Hanyu fan not giving Nanami-sensei proper appreciation. She has always been held in very high esteem, just as she deserves.

In the context of what my post was about, it was just a reminder that if you say Yuzu wasn't an elite skater when he moved to TCC, you imply that what Nanami-sensei did with him was not as great as it was.

4 часа назад, yuzupon сказал:

Many people might not remember or simply wasn't there when it happened. But I remember when Zu moved to TCC there was such an uproar bcz he was already achieving high and people doubted the move to Orser would turn out well. Of course those who doubted were proven wrong, but there was a reason the uproar happened: Yuzu was already an elite skater under Nanami Abe.

Can we please properly appreciate what Nanami-sensei did with Zu (bearing in mind this all happened without full support by JSF, bcz Sendai) and not diminish it? TCC is great for Zu, but he wasn't a nobody when he moved there.

Of course there was uproar, especially in 2012-2013 season when Yuzu's programmes were... questionable compared to previous one + 4S as a planned fall was criticized a lot.

I think all Yuzu fans appreciate Nanami-sensei, also we shouldn't forget Tsuzuki-sensei cuz Yuzu had right technique from childhood.

For now Brain was the most successful with skaters that had right technique when came to him, so I think he can be good for Boyang, will be interesting about Med, cuz she has some problematic jumps, but at least they have a year together until winning now juniors will come to seniors.

5 hours ago, yuzupon said:

Exactly right for your point in the first paragraph. I don't get people who don't recognize that Yuzu has been among the elites even before he moved to Brian. He's been dubbed 'the future' and even got bronze at Worlds. If it wasn't already elite, then I don't know what is. He might hadn't been always consistent, but he's there.

As for Nanami-sensei, I think all of us have a huge respect to her. She has been with Yuzu ever since his early junior (or even novice?) days. She has helped instilled some valuable principles in Yuzu's mind (I remember Yuzu said Nanami-sensei advised him to 'always have a mindset of a beginner' or something, so he will not easily satisfied with his achievement).

46 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

so where's faoi next stop :peekapooh:gets ready for salchow next

Isn't FaOI Kobe the show that Orser is said to usually go to? And the one that people have speculated that he will be heading for again this year (given his comments that he'll be in Japan at an ice show in mid June).

Good timing, coach! Hope he's got a good cap to keep his hair in place! :smiley-laughing021:

38 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

...or even CoD :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

Fixed for my reference. :P

@LadyLou, thank you for your glossary!!!!!!! :headdesk2: