General Yuzuru Chat

11 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

I'm also surprised that Brian hasn't spoken much with Boyang yet either.  from the sounds of it, even though this is an unprecedented move by the Chinese, they may be trying to handle it in a very controlled way, as is fairly common for them. Makes me madly curious to be a fly on the wall at TCC right now. 

The one I'm surprised about is that it's Shue that approached Brian at WC. I've always known she's a coach along with her husband heading up Chinese FS, but she's always been so behind the scenes.

a little off topic, but is it true that yuzuru hasn't been off the podium for his entire senior career? i read that somewhere but i don't have the time to fact check it so i was hoping someone would know off the top of their head lol

10 minutes ago, swan said:

a little off topic, but is it true that yuzuru hasn't been off the podium for his entire senior career? i read that somewhere but i don't have the time to fact check it so i was hoping someone would know off the top of their head lol

He was 4th at WC 2013 and 4th again at NHK 2014, iirc ... this is since he is with Brian ... I don't remember very well before

eta:

2010-2011 season, 5th in NHK and 7th in CoR

2011-2012 season he was 4th at CoC and 4th again in the GPF

8 minutes ago, swan said:

I've done a neat summary here..