General Yuzuru Chat

re: glossary

nagging @Hydroblade again for the pancakes chart and the cacti moodboard, if anyone else has the links thank you in advance (well, I did save the links somewhere but my pc is so chaotic rn I don't even know where to start searching:facepalm:)

Also, anyone has that tweet with pics of the Yuzu fanboys + Yuzu all wearing a sparkling white shirt? They were all side by side with Yuzu in the centre, iirc the other guys were Mitsuki and Sota

Among costumes, I'm going for both DoryYuzu and Yuzudory since it looks like we can't settle for one:laughing:

But would you like The Yellow Duster too? (it looks like that costume unleashed our imagination:biggrin:)

Some more questions for knowledgeable satellites:

• Zazura is it from commentators mispronouncing Yuzu's name or fans' own creation?
  • Sources for the Paprika accident? ETA nevermind, found, Gotta thank @OhYuzu for answering that question some (thousands) pages ago:biggrin:
  • How would you define the Harem? @Xen, looking at you because to personify jumps as Court ladies is your idea:P
  • also your contribute on Machine-gun talk
  • CoD was Combo of Death or Combo of Doom? And how was it renamed? I remember something in the other place involving @Yatagarasu
  • Is ther a name for season 2014-15? iirc it has something to do with Hell but I don't think it's that used so I am confused:laughing:
  • Yuzu's demonic gaze is called DemonEyes, right? Or Demon!Yuzu? DemonLook?:tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid: (also, is there a pic with side by side Nice and Helsinki demon eyes?)
  • is fan uncle a legit term? (meaning, is it ok for the glossary? Also, are they middle-aged or I'm doing like Yuzu who called "ossan" people over 30? o_O)  Also, other than photographers and commentators are there other people?
  • do any of you has a video of Yuzu being a racehorse (speeding up as soon as he gets on the ice at practice, leaving others biting dust:biggrin:). I have the scene in my eyes but I can't remember from which practice it could be...
  • a REALLY GOOD pic of a Yuzu scrunchy smile?
  • a definition for Lord Zu please (or a VERY GOOD pic:10636614:)
  • what was that twitter thread comparing Yuzuru with cats? (needed for Space Kitten)
  • how would you define "squishy"?
  • what's the Japanese word for Quintuple jump?:slinkaway:

3 hours ago, Bilge said:

Sochi sp was uploaded a year after to be exact

Btw i'm curious what do you guys think? Which season you'd choose? I can't really

I was really undecided between TheReturnOfTheKing season and 2017-18, but I went for Olympic season because it's the most recent and the only one I've followed form start to finish and despite all the rollercoaster it had a happy ending (and Yuzu's Oly practices and Oly fluff in general made me deliriously happy), tho I would have picked all seasons if I could...

23 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

CoD was Combo of Death or Combo of Doom? And how was it renamed? I remember something in the other place involving

Combo of Doom :13877886:Maybe specify that it only applies to 4S+3T combos of the 16/17 season since it was conquered by Yuzu in Helsinki! (WTT free doesn't count obv)

With the other stuff I am sure more resourceful members can help you better than me

11 minutes ago, Floria said:

It seems that Brian didn't ask Yuzu about Boyang coming to TCC.

Interesting.

What I find most interesting however is that he wanted to see Hanyu's reaction. He certainly has a different dynamic with Yuzu vs. Javi. It's most likely strictly business and yet he also probably knows Hanyu's mentality as an athlete best and maybe even considered that Hanyu wouldn't care, or wouldn't say anything if it's not a question but a statement.

Also, is it too intrusive to wish an interviewer will (at some later date after the season starts) ask Hanyu about his new rink mates and his thoughts/feelings about it? We can guess, but I'm just awfully curious.

16 minutes ago, Floria said:

It seems that Brian didn't ask Yuzu about Boyang coming to TCC.

"I didn't really ask [Hanyu] for permission," Orser said. "I just threw it out there to get his reaction, and I didn't really get one. I'm sure if there was an issue, I would have heard about it by now."

this is kind of a crazy attitude to me considering all the communication issues they've had in the past lol but hopefully it's all fine

1 hour ago, LadyLou said:

• what was that twitter thread comparing Yuzuru with cats? (needed for Space Kitten)
  • what's the Japanese word for Quintuple jump?:slinkaway:

Quintuple jump is Go-kaiten jump (5回転ジャンプ) 

Twitter hashtag is #羽生くんの画像をアップすると近い構図の猫の画像が送られてくる

:kitty:

6 minutes ago, valkyrie said:

this is kind of a crazy attitude to me considering all the communication issues they've had in the past lol but hopefully it's all fine

I was thinking the same thing. Ultimately it's Brian's business so his decision but I interpret this as he wanted to bring in Jin and is just hoping hanyu won't object. My guess is that he doesn't want to be beholden to someone who might retire at any moment

14 minutes ago, valkyrie said:

yeah it doesn't sound good tbh. I won't think too much about it but :slinkaway:  I wonder if Brian and Yuzuru haven't talked about the future, were the last updates about Brian waiting for Yuzu's plan?

1 minute ago, Old Cat Lady said:

I was thinking the same thing. Ultimately it's Brian's business so his decision but I interpret this as he wanted to bring in Jin and is just hoping hanyu won't object. My guess is that he doesn't want to be beholden to someone who might retire at any moment

This reminds me: just throwing it out there, some people speculate that one reason for why Orser is bringing in other top skaters because, including Javi, even Yuzu after this season is a big question mark, and (yes this being a business) if someone promising reaches out first, why not?

3 minutes ago, Old Cat Lady said:

well ultimately i don't know what goes on behind the scenes and i can only hope they've reached the point where they can be on the same page communication wise, even if it looks a bit weird from an outsider's perspective. i just don't really get why he'd explicitly ask about evgenia and not boyang, when it's boyang that yuzuru is going to be competing against...

I think the different approach is for a different reason. From Brian's own words, even with Javi, he didn't outright ask him. He told him Yuzu wanted to come and asked what he thought. And Javi was like fine, but not giving much of a reaction, either. But Javi's past experience with Morozov probably weighed a lot in Brian's approach.

On the other hand Yuzu is confident and a two times Olympic Champion. He doesn't really need a gentle approach, but Brian still tested for a reaction, just in case.

The only potential mistake, however, is automatically interpreting a non-reaction from Yuzu as him not having problems with it. It's nice he trusts Yuzu by now to tell him if he has a problem, but I'm not sure it's a given. Even if he had a problem with it, Yuzu might think it's not his place to tell Brian who to bring or not, so wouldn't speak up either way. Only time will tell, though.

Remember who wrote this article... 

Remember "Hanyu will continue to next Olympics". Or that Brian wants minimum age to be raised but in russian interview about Zhenya he said that he dissagre with that. And also, in my opinion, Yuzuru's face is often more honest than his words. 

Well, the article mentioned Brian did go to Yuzu's place so I assume he didn't just say one sentence and leave LOL. Yeah the quote sounds dubious, but this is Hersh's writing so we'll never know how it went down. The best we can hope for is nothing will implode next season I suppose.

:PurpleBanana: